Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• B3E1BFCB-03BA-4D8F-A430-26FB155FB89F.png
    B3E1BFCB-03BA-4D8F-A430-26FB155FB89F.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 105
Okay my Tesla family, I logged into my account today and my EDD of August was gone.....BUTTTTT and the bottom of the page I have " Review agreements". of course it won't let me click on the link but does say we will notify you when agreements are available :( . At least my account is doing something and they know that I exist. I won't get my hopes up....😉...well at least not to much...keep me in your prayers..

Attachments

• Tesla .jpg
    Tesla .jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 59
nah, i think your reaction is hugely overblown. you sound like a toddler stamping his foot at not getting exactly what he wanted exactly when he wanted. production is hard. obviously unforeseen stuff came up. it honestly doesn't bother me in the least. the car is obviously going to be amazing (if it's anything like my current P100D). who cares if i get it a month or two later than promised. in the grand scheme of things, it's a total non issue and not worth my energy -- especially when it's not going to change anything. they're not holding your car just to screw with you.
You do realize that Tesla said that deliveries of this car would start in February, right? Back in March, when the delay was just “a month or two,” I expressed your sentiment on this board. Now, I have nothing but contempt for Tesla. There is nothing “unforeseen” that could possibly excuse this delay. It was fraud.

2 people have posted in another thread that the HOLD has been Lifted per a company wide email and deliveries will resume tomorrow....
Yep! Just went and found them! THIS IS MASSIVE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Links to the posts:

Maybe the EPA data is a bit squishy. This info from the the EPA site lists tow different battery sizes for the LR and Plaid?

View attachment 687506
Certainly the data can be wrong in certain places. However, I was basing my estimates directly from the MPGe numbers (and assuming 88% efficiency which was invalid as it turned out - it is closer to 86%) which are directly related to the test results linked in the prior post. I was not paying attention to the Ah values (which are often wrong and I don’t look at). The data on the motors above for the LR are incorrect, for example. They are 247kW motors (carbon sleeved like the Plaid I assume), from the EPA document submitted by Tesla.

Anyway the battery is around 99kWh as others have confirmed from readbacks (but it is also incontrovertible in the Tesla EPA submission…just subject to some small variation).

The degradation threshold (when capacity loss starts to show) for the Plaid is 96kWh, as previously calculated. For the LR it is probably similar but someone needs to actually look at it if they get a delivery (it is easy to determine a lower limit for the threshold, as has been discussed - constant * max range when new).

Last edited:
Gorgeous! It would take all my self control to not tastefully install a chasing red LED strip in the area behind the front badge. If ever there was a modern day K.I.T.T from Knight Rider, your car is it. (Please do it!)

View attachment 687210
That is a very tempting idea...may need to look into it. That along with sound clips of K.I.T.T. loaded into the Boombox...driving through the parking lot with smart summon.

nah, i think your reaction is hugely overblown. you sound like a toddler stamping his foot at not getting exactly what he wanted exactly when he wanted. production is hard. obviously unforeseen stuff came up. it honestly doesn't bother me in the least. the car is obviously going to be amazing (if it's anything like my current P100D). who cares if i get it a month or two later than promised. in the grand scheme of things, it's a total non issue and not worth my energy -- especially when it's not going to change anything. they're not holding your car just to screw with you.
This should be the definition of what a fan boy sounds like. He says it is not worth his energy to complain about poor communication and customer service, but it is worth his effort to tell someone else to shut up and color.

Then you and I come from a different place in time and you are a much better Tesla customer than I am. I am ok with that.

For what it is worth, using the term "toddler" says more about you than it does about someone you do not know. I am ok with that as well.
Pezpunk likes to disagree with everything. He is a literal toddler on this forum. Just look at how often he disagrees.

The constant is correct but the final documents suggest about 99.3kWh. (The charging efficiency is surprisingly low compared to various other Tesla vehicles which is why the 103kWh estimate was high.)
Model S Plaid Battery Details, sourced from EPA Docs, Vehicle Observations, & Supercharging/Charging data
Thank you for all the work on this and sorry for not seeing it before my post. I now have a much better understanding of the EPA data. Also thanks to those that pointed out that the EPA numbers are from the wall so incorporate the real power consumed, not just from the car. Very impressive!

Yep! Just went and found them! THIS IS MASSIVE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Links to the posts:

Can't imagine receiving a call back from Tesla in under 5 mins after leaving a message. So, Tesla rep said that they did receive confirmation of HOLD RELEASE from their engineering team. Since it's too late in Chicago, they are going to prep the car for delivery.. if possible tomorrow or on Monday. IL has stupid rule of not delivering cars on a Sunday 🤦‍♂️. Nevertheless, we are almost at finish line... 🤞

Can't imagine receiving a call back from Tesla in under 5 mins after leaving a message. So, Tesla rep said that they did receive confirmation of HOLD RELEASE from their engineering team. Since it's too late in Chicago, they are going to prep the car for delivery.. if possible tomorrow or on Monday. IL has stupid rule of not delivering cars on a Sunday 🤦‍♂️. Nevertheless, we are almost at finish line... 🤞
It is excellent news IMO. Kinda funny actually, as @cwanja was just talking about how those cars on that truck wouldn't be delivered due to the hold, and Tesla was like: SURPRISE M*THER******! 🤣