Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can somewhat see the color under the 19” caps near the lip of the rim) in my pic. It is a dark grey metal.
Hopefully they updated to the dark grey. It would look weird with a silver lip going around the wheel.

Attachments

• A568C728-8A56-4921-808E-95CBCA79ED68.png
    A568C728-8A56-4921-808E-95CBCA79ED68.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 78596B8B-AF3D-4E13-9AEA-CF0E04575AD7.png
    78596B8B-AF3D-4E13-9AEA-CF0E04575AD7.png
    757.3 KB · Views: 55
There’s only one problem with the old style Arachnids. The 8.5” front and 9” rear won’t fit properly on the refresh. The new ones are 9.5” and 10.5”
Actually, I think the old Arachnids will fit just fine, at least according to the website below.

The wheels are one inch narrower, so a lousy half inch per side, which should increase clearance from any suspension or fender parts, and the car weighs less than the old Model S so the handling will be improved. Another benefit: Arachnids then were forged and weigh less.

I have to imagine there will be an aftermarket for them just like there are some options for 3 and Ys. I would love some aerocaps that looks like the Induction or Überturbine wheels.
These are the Power SPorts caps. They’re much nicer than the Tempest IMO

Attachments

• AB17C583-2D7B-41EE-BCFB-4336D01D49E1.png
    AB17C583-2D7B-41EE-BCFB-4336D01D49E1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
I know there might be some backlash on this post but even though I have a VIN and a good chance to get the car next week, I have almost talked myself into a Plaid…

Seeing the video from Brooks and comparing it to $3.1M dollar vehicles just make it a fantastic value. Will I go to the drag strip, maybe once just to say I did now on the cusp of delivery I’m very torn.

With the new “19 wheels plus the upcoming FSD subscription I’m mentally very close to justifying the upgrade. Now that the mileage has been updated for the Plaid I feel like the LR range isn’t that impressive since Plaid is only like 9 less miles. Especially since the LR went down from like 412 originally.

Anyone else thinking about upgrading? I don’t usually get fear of missing out but I feel like I’m going to get asked 1000 times “oh is that the Plaid?” Great problems to have of course…😁
I think about upgrading too. In reality, I’m only likely to see short bursts of speed on I-4 or I-95. But if I order one today, my delivery estimate is July! It’s a tough decision. Anyone know if the handling is appreciably better?

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Look at the space right above the one you circled. Those are clearly silver rims.
Pretty certain that is the reflection of the parking spot lines. @Drew-MS thought they were curbed rashed earlier this week.

Edit: unless you are referring to the next gap, then I could see how you might draw a conclusion that they are silver. But I still think they are a dark grey.

Pretty certain that is the reflection of the parking spot lines. @Drew-MS thought they were curbed rashed earlier this week.

Edit: unless you are referring to the next gap, then I could see how you might draw a conclusion that they are silver. But I still think they are a dark grey.
Yes the gap, they look too bright to be dark grey. At least on my phone it looks like they’re clearly silver.

Assuming they’re dark grey, the wheels look 10X better with the aerocaps off. The Tempest style caps are hideous IMO.
OK, they are getting picked on so I have to stand up for the Tempest. They do exactly what they were designed for, getting the Model S over a 400 mile range rating. On back to back 300 mile trips down I-5 I confirmed than leaving them off cost me almost 20 miles of range. Do the Slipstream’s I have winter tires on look better? Absolutely! It’s like hating the rear wing on a IMSA car, it’s not there to look pretty, it’s there to do a job.

I think part of that is the reflection of the sun/light. They looked grey to me. Maybe medium grey if not dark. But definitely didn’t look silver. I should have pulled them off. If someone is brave enough it’s parked in Renton Wa

Yeah it is. It's been there *at least* almost 2 weeks now without moving. I would not recommend pulling them off, but you might be able to ask an SA to do it for you, and even then they'll probably say no

That’s hardcore for Va. Texas? Par for the course.
also to the owner…check the passenger side fog light area carefully. I’m not sure but paint seemed slightly amiss there.
ha! I meant shooing. And it was only the red one that was ready for delivery.

take it with a grain of salt, but the sales associate said she had delivered multiple S’s with 19’s.