Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm I see a speaker grill below that cloth-covered area (highlighted below). Is there really another speaker behind the cloth area too?

View attachment 687810
There definitely is. Take a look at this screenshot from the delivery event:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-161541_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-161541_YouTube.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 77
I think most of us in CA with March/April orders are going to get dumped into the EOQ rush while people who ordered months after us on the east coast will be getting their cars this month and next.
Agree. It makes strategic sense to build everything that needs to ship cross country first and then fill orders for folks like myself living 20m from the factory last.

Sigh. September feels far away.

22, I thought. I’m not actually sure if any subs are speakers.
Tesla quotes 22, although I did hear conflicting info that there is 21 on the inside, and the one external speaker for farts and such. Tesla's never quoted the external speaker in the past though, so I'm more inclined to stick to that 22 speaker number.

A short note to let you all know that Asta was delivered safely this morning at 11:22am PDT and she is gorgeous! After about 50 miles of play driving, I'm very happy even though I keep turning on the windshield wipers when I turn left... In an effort to keep this thread on topic, I'll take my leave and post what will doubtless be an endless stream of questions about the actual car on other threads. A heartfelt thank you to everyone here for your information, encouragement, and good humor (excepting the dumb girlfriend/gold digger/dead hooker jokes, natch) that helped me get through the last four months. I truly appreciate your expertise and generosity with which you shared it. Ciao.

A short note to let you all know that Asta was delivered safely this morning at 11:22am PDT and she is gorgeous! After about 50 miles of play driving, I'm very happy even though I keep turning on the windshield wipers when I turn left... In an effort to keep this thread on topic, I'll take my leave and post what will doubtless be an endless stream of questions about the actual car on other threads. A heartfelt thank you to everyone here for your information, encouragement, and good humor (excepting the dumb girlfriend/gold digger/dead hooker jokes, natch) that helped me get through the last four months. I truly appreciate your expertise and generosity with which you shared it. Ciao.
Oh c'mon, when has this thread truly been on-topic? That's what makes it fun and unique! You don't have to go, we'll miss ya if you do!🙂

I’ve never had my EDD change mid-day. This morning I had Aug04-17. This afternoon it changed to Aug 05-18. Is there something positive to be taken from having my date get pushed back by a single day? I seem to recall this happening numerous times to others.
I doubt there is much rhyme or reason. My July 26-august 9 date is still holding firm and if any date range would be likely to shift, it would be that one

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
"To PPF or not to PPF... that is the question"

The sitch:
- First time mom of a car I absolutely adore (her name is Contessa, and she's a bad ass!)
- I keep my cars well until their teenage years. No leasing here.
- Live in SoCal with temps regularly >100F in summer
- Contessa lives in a garage, but has to stay outside in the sun while mommy is at work
- My daily driver for city streets, LA freeways, from beach / SF / LA / desert and local mountains. Unlikely out of state or cold weather, but lots of semi trucks on freeways and nasty dusty winds (and smoke and dust from our wildfires and Santa Ana winds).

For sure I'm planning ceramic and window tints, but really interested in the forum's recommendations for:
  1. Would you recommend PPF in my case? Full front? Those of you who do ceramic only -- why did you pass on PPF?
  2. What amount of tint? I have MSM with cream interior, so may be able to push it a little. (I like @omarsultan's idea of equal 55% throughout to keep the California po-po from getting interested in my out-of-spec front window but would love to hear other folks' ideas)
  3. What products are y'all recommending
  4. And probably most important: Who can I trust in SoCal to take care of my baby? (IE preferred, but willing to drive)
  1. I had PPF on the entire front end with ceramic on the whole car on my last Model X. I decided to PPF the whole car this time with the Plaid, and will also be applying ceramic over the PPF. It makes the car so much easier to wash and maintain. And the PPF really helps to reduce rock chips, scratches, and small dings, especially if you plan on keeping the car a few years.
  2. Tint percentage is all personal preference and what you are trying to achieve (look, sun/heat blocking, privacy, if you are worried about tickets). I chose to go with 20% rear, 30% fronts, and 55% windshield with the Plaid, as I wanted to stick with the blacked out theme, but didn't want to attract to much police attention. Even though I do prefer the same percentage all around, but that would mean having to go with a lighter tint all around. You should look through other people's photos of different percentage tints on different colored exterior/interiors, and then make your own decision.
  3. For PPF I've used Xpel Ultimate for my last few cars and it has been great, but I've also see cars with SunTek and looks great too. SunTek also came out with the "Reaction" line which is supposed to have ceramic built in. Tint depends on budget and how much heat rejection you want, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the major manufacturers (Xpel, 3M, SunTek, Llumar, Madico, etc.).
  4. I contacted a bunch of shops around OC and have a list of prices if anyone is interested, can PM me.
Here's my car with full car Xpel Ultimate PPF, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears):

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

1. I had PPF on the entire front end with ceramic on the whole car on my last Model X. I decided to PPF the whole car this time with the Plaid, and will also be applying ceramic over the PPF. It makes the car so much easier to wash and maintain. And the PPF really helps to reduce rock chips, scratches, and small dings, especially if you plan on keeping the car a few years.
  2. Tint percentage is all personal preference and what you are trying to achieve (look, sun/heat blocking, privacy, if you are worried about tickets). I chose to go with 20% rear, 30% fronts, and 55% windshield with the Plaid, as I wanted to stick with the blacked out theme, but didn't want to attract to much police attention. Even though I do prefer the same percentage all around, but that would mean having to go with a lighter tint all around. You should look through other people's photos of different percentage tints on different colored exterior/interiors, and then make your own decision.
  3. For PPF I've used Xpel Ultimate for my last few cars and it has been great, but I've also see cars with SunTek and looks great too. SunTek also came out with the "Reaction" line which is supposed to have ceramic built in. Tint depends on budget and how much heat rejection you want, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the major manufacturers (Xpel, 3M, SunTek, Llumar, Madico, etc.).
  4. I contacted a bunch of shops around OC and have a list of prices if anyone is interested, can PM me.
Here's my car with full car Xpel Ultimate PPF, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears):

View attachment 687829

View attachment 687831

View attachment 687832
Looks great, I have same color coming soon….just curious, did you remove the front license plate cover yourself or did the dealership or detailer do it for you?

View attachment 687829

View attachment 687831

View attachment 687832

Tinting the rear Windows darker gives it a coupe look. Very nice indeed.

I have always PPF’ed the front only but will be doing entire car this time too. Same guy had been doing my cars since 2002. Uses SunTek exclusively so might go with the Reaction series as well.

Last edited:
Another confirmation that the delivery hold is gone. Just picked up my girl. I too will post off topic comments on appropriate threads but thank most everyone here for being the great support group you are.

As most everyone else says, hang in there. If you are like me and come from an older PD, this car is not like the previous cars; I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Thank you!

And Tesla came through at the very end :)

It’s been a long journey and, sadly, there’s no end in sight.

I’ve been telling everyone I have a Plaid order for so long that they probably think I’ve lost my marbles.

How wonderful it was on battery day, to see all of Tesla’s progress on battery tech, and place an order. We were so young.

CFF4BE60-3EE8-426A-A508-8C87227FDEF1.jpeg

Then, the many months came and went. There was no word, until a tweet cancelled the dream of range and performance.

4FE03A4B-94B0-4A0F-8870-F03A3FAC3D6E.jpeg

Then, finally, the launch event happened and June deliveries were being promised to the early orders! A token of good faith and something that made hanging on for so long feel worth it.

Now, we approach the end of July and there has been hardly an update, let alone hope. Nothing left to do but mix meme metaphors and be sad until Tesla decides to bless us with their attention, if but for a moment, and a VIN.

8A47667B-FB67-48C0-9DAA-DB24F74D21F8.jpeg

It took a while to catch up on the thread and it’s reassuring to see the delivery hold lifted and the first Plaid+ convert get a VIN.

Especially loved the club created by @Leodoc and the endless amount of positivity out of @2021plaid 👏

Nothing to do now but continue to hurry up and wait.