Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only reason I’m comfortable stockpiling now is that I have a VIN number. I totally get your position though.

Ironically, depending on if they give me a delivery appointment on Saturday I may have my two girls with me so I’m now looking at buying brand new car seats just for the S. 🤦🏽‍♂️Can’t have new wine in old wine skins, lol.
Congrats! Expecting our girl in October. The race is on to see who delivers first - Tesla or my wife.

My nephew (who would be the one wrapping my LR) said to get dark paint rather than white for purposes of wrapping. So you're going for white paint and then wrapping it?
I want a brighter blue so I ordered the car with blue.
I would love to get carbon black. It’s a color BMW used to sell (maybe still does). It’s named after the old carbon paper color. It’s a very very dark blue. Looks black except exactly in your fovea where it seems like blue. As one looked across the car, it gave this effect of swimming at night.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Called my SA yesterday, She is now saying it could be october for the delivery. I hope its sooner though :( Been Blank since July 1st :(
That'll be the longest I'm willing to wait. If I don't get an update by end of September or get a confirmation of some sort I'm canceling my order. I don't think it's acceptable to be treated this way as a customer buying their most expensive product. I'm glad I didn't sell my current model S and frankly I won't mind holding onto my 2020 Model S for a few more years. F*ck Tesla for treating customers like garbage and screw anyone who thinks it's proper way of doing business.

If anyone in the NYC metro area is awaiting a Plaid/Long Range Model S (or contemplating an order), and wants to see/drive the Plaid firsthand, I am a month into ownership and would be happy to meet you. Fingers crossed all of you begin taking delivery of your cars soon.
Ummm Yes Please LOL. That would make me a happy camper : )
I haven't even seen one in person yet..
Edit: Just tell me when and where and I'll be there :)

Last edited:
That'll be the longest I'm willing to wait. If I don't get an update by end of September or get a confirmation of some sort I'm canceling my order. I don't think it's acceptable to be treated this way as a customer buying their most expensive product. I'm glad I didn't sell my current model S and frankly I won't mind holding onto my 2020 Model S for a few more years. F*ck Tesla for treating customers like garbage and screw anyone who thinks it's proper way of doing business.
Cancelling the order could be painful especially if you decide to buy one later. I assume you ordered prior to the $10k price increase which is a huge factor.

If anyone in the NYC metro area is awaiting a Plaid/Long Range Model S (or contemplating an order), and wants to see/drive the Plaid firsthand, I am a month into ownership and would be happy to meet you. Fingers crossed all of you begin taking delivery of your cars soon.

Anyone in SoCal. Offer same? No need for me to drive it. Just go over it a bit more thoroughly.

The only time I’ve been in one was at the Delivery Event. Did not have enough time to check it out in detail. Too busy squealing at the acceleration.

Cancelling the order could be painful especially if you decide to buy one later. I assume you ordered prior to the $10k price increase which is a huge factor.

Ya. Just keep delaying delivery. Until you are absolutely certain. it’d be psinful to order one again after the price increase(s).