Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know of anyone taking delivery of a 19" yet? I believe a few folks are scheduled for the near future; I'd like to hear at least one delivery has happened. Thanks!
Best we have is what looks to be a customer car delivered and photos of such and SAs stating that they delivered cars with 19s. Which seems plausible with the photos posted. More specifically, no TMC member as far as we can tell, has taken delivery of a refresh with 19s.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Best we have is what looks to be a customer car delivered and photos of such and SAs stating that they delivered cars with 19s. Which seems plausible with the photos posted. More specifically, no TMC member as far as we can tell, has taken delivery of a refresh with 19s.
makes sense as we probably only account for around 10% of owners waiting for the cars here at TMC. Remember they sold 1980 LR and Plaid combined and not many we saw here reporting deliveries in Q2.

Having a VIN doesn't seem to mean anything these days. My SA hasn't been able to provide ANY additional info and can't explain why the delivery date continues to be pushed back every single day. VIN assigned on 7/15 with a delivery window near end of July. It pushes further out every day and is now Aug 8 - 11. Tomorrow it will be Aug 9 -12 and so forth.
Agree. I got a VIN week before. Did the delivery date shuffle for a week, narrowed down to 5 day window. Then entered delivery week the Friday that delivery hold started. On Sunday, Delivery Center emailed to setup delivery date. I texted/called my SA that Monday and he said the hold was real. My delivery date now just shows August. Has been that way for a week now even with VIN and everything else waiting. The wait continues

Agree. I got a VIN week before. Did the delivery date shuffle for a week, narrowed down to 5 day window. Then entered delivery week the Friday that delivery hold started. On Sunday, Delivery Center emailed to setup delivery date. I texted/called my SA that Monday and he said the hold was real. My delivery date now just shows August. Has been that way for a week now even with VIN and everything else waiting. The wait continues
The nationwide hold was lifted. Maybe different reason for the hold?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
makes sense as we probably only account for around 10% of owners waiting for the cars here at TMC. Remember they sold 1980 LR and Plaid combined and not many we saw here reporting deliveries in Q2.
I was actually talking about that with my wife yesterday. "I wonder how many orders they have in the US for a Model S, and how many of them are at least in the build process right now?"

Also talked about the forum here, and that we're probably just the "antsiest" people haha. I just ordered mine early this month and I'm already going crazy with a blank EDD for like 3 days! Can't imagine you guys with blanks for months...

Maybe the lifting of the hold was facilitated by coming up with a test to identify the problem battery packs. It could be the car that was assigned had a bad pack, so it is back to waiting for the next one.
That's exactly what I was thinking! It's very likely that was something was changed on the production lines, and they just passed their validation tests.

It’s has been discussed (at semi-length) in the LR thread that this is not a bait and switch.

Ohhhh big change though, my MYLR order for my wife also changed to blank now too! Ahahahahaha.
My MYLR went blank too…
That is not a bait and switch. That is poor production planning and Tesla doing whatever they want. It is an estimate. Not a promised delivery date. And even then, if they miss the delivery date, it is not a bail and switch.

By your logic, if Amazon misses my delivery date by a day, Prime is a bait and switch. But it is not.

Look, everyone is salty and pissed off that cars are being delivered and you did not get yours. But what you are claiming it is, it is not.

Same for me. I reached out to my SA this morning and they said I should get a VIN this week or next. They said car is already in production.
I expect more from you than to believe the SA lol

Anyway, back to bait and switch, I feel as if that term is for some reason offensive to some on here so maybe we need to come up with new one.

I get the literal definition of bait and switch but life isn’t objective and literal. Sure it applies to products, promising one but getting another, but why can’t bait and switch apply to time? Everyone damn well knows that on June 30th, when the configurator said you can get the car in June, that was an outright lie. You could be standing at the Fremont factory with a satchel full of cash and still not get your car in June. Did they know that was the case? 100%. Did they continue to false advertise delivery dates? 100%. Is this a bait and switch with dates/deliveries? That’s subjective. At that point it’s not a production or supply issue at all, they knew what they were going to deliver that month if you ordered that day, a big fat nothing.

Baiting someone with a soon delivery to make them order now and then 2-3 days after their $100 clears, switching the date to several months forward or to blank….. I won’t say it, but there are key words in that sentence that do. As I said before, 1,000 people cancelling because of shenanigans gains Tesla free $100,000, not a bad scheme. Whoever came up with the idea of “non-refundable” order fee, knew exactly what they were doing.

Should we call it something new that’s less offensive on here? Honey-dicking? Trapping? I’m open for ideas 😅

This is new on my account page. I don't know if it should give me hope or not. Any consensus on this?

The "REVIEW" button does not work... yet. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

1627336262990.png

My MYLR went blank too…

I expect more from you than to believe the SA lol

Anyway, back to bait and switch, I feel as if that term is for some reason offensive to some on here so maybe we need to come up with new one.

I get the literal definition of bait and switch but life isn’t objective and literal. Sure it applies to products, promising one but getting another, but why can’t bait and switch apply to time? Everyone damn well knows that on June 30th, when the configurator said you can get the car in June, that was an outright lie. You could be standing at the Fremont factory with a satchel full of cash and still not get your car in June. Did they know that was the case? 100%. Did they continue to false advertise delivery dates? 100%. Is this a bait and switch with dates/deliveries? That’s subjective. At that point it’s not a production or supply issue at all, they knew what they were going to deliver that month if you ordered that day, a big fat nothing.

Baiting someone with a soon delivery to make them order now and then 2-3 days after their $100 clears, switching the date to several months forward or to blank….. I won’t say it, but there are key words in that sentence that do. As I said before, 1,000 people cancelling because of shenanigans gains Tesla free $100,000, not a bad scheme. Whoever came up with the idea of “non-refundable” order fee, knew exactly what they were doing.

Should we call it something new that’s less offensive on here? Honey-dicking? Trapping? I’m open for ideas 😅

I suspect Tesla would give the $100 deposit back, if asked, after this fiasco. It would be despicable not to (putting aside the legal ramifications). The problem is -- they don't have any customer service, so I'm not sure whom you'd ask for the refund.

I called my delivery center. While being on the phone was anathema experience, my account was "updated with a keyword" that tells the factory that I'm ready for delivery 🤥
I had to chuckle at this one. The keyword to notify the factory that we are ready for delivery should be 'ORDER CONFIRMED'. Whose not ready for delivery !!

Heard back from a contact at Fremont provided by someone on the forum and was told that white interior will be delivered in August which was, "always the plan". The guy literally told me it'd be a good question to ask Musk during the earnings call lol wtf goes on to show nobody at Tesla really knows what the f*ck they're talking about unless the factory produces your car the monkey assigns you a VIN. Probably all computerized and that's why nobody knows what's going on. Oh well, I tried 😕