Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was funny IMO also lol! My speculation is that this is a production spec test mule, or a full production MX, just given to an employee of the company before customer deliveries begin. Great sign though for MX deliveries.
I agree. Production very very close to production beginning I hope they start MX order early

I don't really understand all of the angst associated with the front license plate bracket. It comes off really easily and leaves no damage or holes behind. It seems like a nonissue. I think we are lucky that we don't need to order bumper plugs to cover some unsightly holes. Several members have removed it themselves in a matter of minutes. My detail shop removed it without issue. They said it took less than 5 minutes to remove it and they didn't even charge me for the removal.

View attachment 682832

X posted but Woah new dashboard layout...interesting i like it! Now instead of them working on this if we could only have our cars.....
Tesla Dash.png

FYI guys picked up my car today and the "airbag scar" is still there. I personally do not care and barely notice it, but I know some would want to know if they ironed out that issue yet. My born on date was 7/8 by the way.

The rest of the panel is flawless and TESLA embossing is crisp and even.
Forgot about that. Just checked mine and I'm scarred as well.

Anyone heard anything about Tesla TPMS going to BlueTooth?????????????
Out buying rims and tires and it seems ISM was working too well so Tesla had to change it.

I do not have a vin. I was told that I will have a vin "within the next couple days". That sounds possible, but I really expected a vin.
They offered $51,700.
Good to know. Not too shabby. I'm on track for $54,800 for my 2019 3P with FSD, and only 7400 miles on the odo. Not sure I'll get any better than that, especially since it factors into the tax on the new car, so it's really about $61k toward the Plaid...

Now, I'm still hoping the July 30-August 7 date is at least somewhat accurate, though I'm not holding my breath...

For my mother, the etron is a better car. She does not care about range or charging network. It was $30k more but worth it to them. I was going after the S7.

Funny how the Audi dealer treated us. She has a mtg date already. Within a few days, the dealer GM called to follow up on the process and give more info.
OK, so range and charging network is unimportant, willing to spend $30k more. Doesn't have the car yet, but since the GM called her ...... It's a win!!!!

If anyone would like to pay me $30k, I will call you every day and walk you through the process of receiving your car, sit down with you for 2 hours on delivery day to make sure the seat and mirrors are adjusted correctly, and that you understand how every menu item affects the car. I will also throw in a free car wash every week.

Who's in?

That is odd. Both of my previous ones went to Birmingham. I wonder if that is changing. MY Tesla guy said 'Birmingham' but that could have been shorthand for 'railhead'.
My car "paused" in Georgia for about a day on the way here so it looked like it hopped rail to truck but that is not an absolute.