Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After my ā€œOctoberā€ EDD went blank a few days ago I texted my SA to see if he knew anymore about where my order stood. He called me back today and said he looked ā€œas deep as far as I can goā€ into my account and said that my order was in the ā€œplanning for production stageā€ but couldnā€™t tell me much more. When I asked if I was going to remain on Team October or get traded to Team Feb/March he said ā€œIā€™m not sure I really dont knowā€.

Isnā€™t it fun hinging a 90k purchase on a bunch of stock lip service and well frankly, useless nothing information given to the customer? No other brand on Earth can get away with laughable bullshit like this. And Iā€™m still, somehow, super hard to get this car?
You should rephrase, ā€itā€™s super hard to get this carā€ ;)

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"

Finally have something other than July!!! Seeing so many Red cars get similar date ranges makes it seem like this could be the real deal šŸ¤© Just got the wall charger installed today and have a road trip in mid-August that this would be perfect for!

View attachment 689697

P.S. Screenshot above has been edited so the car photo and delivery date fit in one shot. This isn't how the order page normally looks, but the EDD is there.
You may have the same delivery center as I have. Once you get the VIN it should be at the delivery center next day. As mine did.

soon!!

Sounds promising to me, though you may not want to advertise too loudly when/if you get a VIN. People around here may lose their minds if they see you get a VIN when you ordered just a couple weeks ago. ;-)
Definitely wouldnā€™t. I know their pain! Plus nothings guaranteed with the ordering process as we all know. But Iā€™m hopeful.

Nope. Still no EDD or vin. Carry on.

B1C1851A-EE89-4F04-B7AB-774E80C650E9.jpeg

No, but some of the Plaid crowd gets very animated when the LR crowd tries to get excited about their performance.
I view this totally opposite of you. Plaid owners are typically performance oriented and are really happy to see the LR get such great numbers. But for some reason, the LR crowd seem to rapidly point out how smart they are for not spending 50k$ more for the Plaid as the LR is quick enough as they see the 1sec 0-60mph as infinitely small. Understandable as they are less performance oriented as a group, most do not realize the colossal difference it makes in the 1/4 mile or in real life light to light situations. I may have missed some posts but I donā€™t recall any Plaid owner/future owner post animated stuff against the LR.

After about a month of LR deliveries weā€™ve had exactly one guy post his Dragy results in here. He also posted it on YouTube. One guy. The LR crowd doesnā€™t get excited about performance that much it seems. The only thing that comes up all the time is the hope of a boost upgrade. Which leaves me wondering quite a bit. Is the LR enough car or not? šŸ˜‰

I personally would love to see more Dragy, more YouTube race/drag videos of the LR. If LR owners are excited about their cars, please show it with sone data/videos/stories. Iā€™d seriously like to see much more than we had so far.

I view this totally opposite of you. Plaid owners are typically performance oriented and are really happy to see the LR get such great numbers. But for some reason, the LR crowd seem to rapidly point out how smart they are for not spending 50k$ more for the Plaid as the LR is quick enough as they see the 1sec 0-60mph as infinitely small. Understandable as they are less performance oriented as a group, most do not realize the colossal difference it makes in the 1/4 mile or in real life light to light situations. I may have missed some posts but I donā€™t recall any Plaid owner/future owner post animated stuff against the LR.

After about a month of LR deliveries weā€™ve had exactly one guy post his Dragy results in here. He also posted it on YouTube. One guy. The LR crowd doesnā€™t get excited about performance that much it seems. The only thing that comes up all the time is the hope of a boost upgrade. Which leaves me wondering quite a bit. Is the LR enough car or not? šŸ˜‰

I personally would love to see more Dragy, more YouTube race/drag videos of the LR. If LR owners are excited about their cars, please show it with sone data/videos/stories. Iā€™d seriously like to see much more than we had so far.

one day i might be able to do some videos and use the draggy i bought :D

tho researching tonight some pretty good prestige (that's what they call vanity plates in GA) plates --- i found 3 I like that are available. no, they're mine :D

Stopped by late this evening at the SC in Raleigh, NC. We saw 2 MS both 21ā€ (of course), one red/white or cream interior & the other white/ white or cream interior. Couldnā€™t tell if they were plaids or LR as they were closed for the night & locked in the delivery area. Wish my LR blue/ cream 19ā€ was there tooā€¦heavy sighā€¦

I think he was being sarcastic lol.
But very beautifully said, my friend! I too can name many members that were over the moon with the LR's results. I've personally never heard anyone say that the LR is 'too slow' or 'boring' or something like that. However, @AnselmDante and I discussed a while ago how this is just human nature, and how it is best to just ignore it.

I think he was being sarcastic lol.
But very beautifully said, my friend! I too can name many members that were over the moon with the LR's results. I've personally never heard anyone say that the LR is 'too slow' or 'boring' or something like that. However, @AnselmDante and I discussed a while ago how this is just human nature, and how it is best to just ignore it.

Most has been friendly or sarcastic banter but some do things to extremes.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid