Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also want to add: the exterior build quality on both Model S Plaids were very, very good. Everything looked tight and uniform, except the interior rear door panels, which still do not line up (and look egregious, imo).

@omarsultan @Hayseed_MS @EVonly @webshot - Can you all see right into the trunk via the hatchback gaps? I noticed the gaps in the hatchback piece give the illusion you can see pretty far down into the trunk, but it may actually just be the interior sides of the trunk, with the actual trunk sealed off well (I assume this has to be the case, otherwise we'd all know by now lol).

Last edited:
After being blank for more than a month, my account now has an EDD: August 13 - August 27. Super happy to finally have an EDD but I hope it doesn't disappear similar to what happened several times in June.

Attachments

• VIN.jpg
    VIN.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 69
VINs are assigned to chassis at the factory (they are stamped into the frame among other places). Once cars are built, they are allocated to the various delivery centers based on their open orders (and, towards the end of the month/qtr, their ability to deliver the cars). The SAs then work as a team and work through their allocation and match them to open orders. This is why you hear terms like "soft match" in there is a car that potentially matches your order specs. This also why it pays to be nice to your SA.
I knew it! On the part where you say it pays to be nice to your SA. I get the feeling if they get your config they may offer it to someone else for whatever reason.

I know the VINs are assigned to the chassis at the factory, what I meant was if the factory assigns them to the customer or does the delivery center do it? From your response it sounds like the delivery center may do it, but then others have their car in transport which means maybe the factory assigned it?

Thanks, Omar!

After being blank for more than a month, my account now has an EDD: August 13 - August 27. Super happy to finally have an EDD but I hope it doesn't disappear similar to what happened several times in June.
Your car will be 2021, but your phone takes photos like it is 1990.

Also, congrats on some movement!

I've ordered a set of Signature SV104s in 19" (stock widths), TPMS haven't been sourced yet, but I'm planning on going with the Pilot Sport All Season 4 in stock sizes for the "winters". You are slightly south of me, so all-seasons are likely good enough? I don't plan on running all out "winter" or "ice" tires in South Jersey.

That is my plan until I see if the 19" plaids actually come with all seasons on them, and pricing those tires as well. Maybe I can convince someone who gets those on their car to trade me for my stock 21s. (Which I didn't really want in the first place)
The 19" P Zero 'Elect' tires on the refresh are definitely all seasons. The topic was discussed quite a bit in recent weeks.

Well gratz on that! This is another 19. Is a trend forming? An 1144x wants to know.

The 19" P Zero 'Elect' tires on the refresh are definitely all seasons. The topic was discussed quite a bit in recent weeks.
Yep, those are the ones I was talking about. I'm waiting until deliveries start happening so we know if those are somehow optional, or regional, or whatever. I'd also love to see 0-60 draggy times with those to see if we are giving up anything by using them. Then I'll start the price comparison with the pilot sport 4s.

So I guess 19s are finally moving and okay but f*ck the people who decided to get white interior along with it because they just don't deserve anything good in life :rolleyes:

Yep, those are the ones I was talking about. I'm waiting until deliveries start happening so we know if those are somehow optional, or regional, or whatever. I'd also love to see 0-60 draggy times with those to see if we are giving up anything by using them. Then I'll start the price comparison with the pilot sport 4s.
Same here regarding 0-60 dragy times. My dragy is ready to go so I'll be happy to post some 19" numbers as soon as I get my car.

I knew it! On the part where you say it pays to be nice to your SA. I get the feeling if they get your config they may offer it to someone else for whatever reason.

I know the VINs are assigned to the chassis at the factory, what I meant was if the factory assigns them to the customer or does the delivery center do it? From your response it sounds like the delivery center may do it, but then others have their car in transport which means maybe the factory assigned it?

Thanks, Omar!
I thought VINs are assigned prior to the SC receiving the car. My guess is the VINs are not assigned by the SC but I don't know for sure.

Hi, as I mentioned above, I have a 19 reservation too, and got an EDD this am of the same as yours. Hopefully both of ours stick.

Just called to SC to ask when I can take my car tomorrow just to have fun. Had some good talk with someone over the phone.

Found that there is some note on my order from some lady I have never spoke with or get email/text from her that she told me my delivery will be in September/October. 🤦🏻‍♂️Also that note says “customer was informed over phone”.

I’ve mentioned another member of this endless thread @WilliamG. Who got a VIN and will take delivery soon (congrats again), and was told that his configuration was “easiest to build” at this moment. Next second I said change my configuration to closes in order to get a car. And was told “there is no configuration to get match faster” 😂

Then SA told me to contact my DA who is ignoring me and I said that. I was told there is nothing he can help with at this point. “Customer support - what? (C) Tesla”

I said okay, cancel order I’ll buy taycan then (I seriously think about it alredy), and same minute I was told do not do it they will help me with my order. But did not say how. 👌🏻

I love to watch different stand-up shows, but only after 6/24/2021 I have found the new best show and it’s called “Tesla”.

I’m done. I can’t wait until October, and not only because “I want a plaid”, I don’t have a car now. I won’t buy anything just to drive since used market is crazy. We wait for new family member and my wifey needs her car almost all the time.

Just called to SC to ask when I can take my car tomorrow just to have fun. Had some good talk with someone over the phone.

Found that there is some note on my order from some lady I have never spoke with or get email/text from her that she told me my delivery will be in September/October. 🤦🏻‍♂️Also that note says “customer was informed over phone”.

I’ve mentioned another member of this endless thread @WilliamG. Who got a VIN and will take delivery soon (congrats again), and was told that his configuration was “easiest to build” at this moment. Next second I said change my configuration to closes in order to get a car. And was told “there is no configuration to get match faster” 😂

Then SA told me to contact my DA who is ignoring me and I said that. I was told there is nothing he can help with at this point. “Customer support - what? (C) Tesla”

I said okay, cancel order I’ll buy taycan then (I seriously think about it alredy), and same minute I was told do not do it they will help me with my order. But did not said how. 👌🏻

I love to watch different stand-up shows, but only after 6/24/2021 I have found the new best show and it’s called “Tesla”.

I’m done. I can’t wait until October, and not only because “I want a plaid”, I don’t have a car now. I won’t buy anything just to drive since used market is crazy. We wait for new family member and my wifey needs her car almost all the time.

When did you order?