Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with model s, how spacious would you say the rear seats are? I have couple of car seats i will have to throw back there and wonder how tight of a fit it will be. The video kinda come off as a not to spacious for rear passengers

Also still got by edd of July... *Looks outside to see if 19s come rolling by*

the back seats are as spacious as a typical large sedan -- about the same as a BMW 5-series (35 inches vs 36 inches, according to specs). There's plenty of room for a carseat, although if you're regularly installing and removing it, it's going to be a bigger pain in the ass than it would be in a minivan. But the rear legroom is typical for a large luxury sedan.

had two carseats in mine when i first got it in 2016.

When you take delivery go straight to the PPF people! I've only had my car for two weeks and the chips up under the rear quarter panels from the tires throwing rocks is already really bad! They need to make mud guards for these cars!
This!
I did only the front and in hindsight, should have done the high impact panels. Please share pics when you get a chance. Are you wrapping the entire car?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That’s what I’ve been saying on the dedicated thread for this issue. Sandblasting all day long will leave the PPF looking like Swiss cheese after a few weeks. Need splash guards as well.

PPF will be pointless if you're perpetually pelted by pebbles (oooh... alliteration... first sign of madness, you know).

You are not! Multiple people including a contact and my SA has told me that it was their plan all along to produce white interior in August/September. There hasn't been any delay in black/cream interiors. They're the easier config for Tesla apparently
Black interior may be easy… unless you also have 19” wheels.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just called to SC to ask when I can take my car tomorrow just to have fun. Had some good talk with someone over the phone.

Found that there is some note on my order from some lady I have never spoke with or get email/text from her that she told me my delivery will be in September/October. 🤦🏻‍♂️Also that note says “customer was informed over phone”.

I’ve mentioned another member of this endless thread @WilliamG. Who got a VIN and will take delivery soon (congrats again), and was told that his configuration was “easiest to build” at this moment. Next second I said change my configuration to closes in order to get a car. And was told “there is no configuration to get match faster” 😂

Then SA told me to contact my DA who is ignoring me and I said that. I was told there is nothing he can help with at this point. “Customer support - what? (C) Tesla”

I said okay, cancel order I’ll buy taycan then (I seriously think about it alredy), and same minute I was told do not do it they will help me with my order. But did not say how. 👌🏻

I love to watch different stand-up shows, but only after 6/24/2021 I have found the new best show and it’s called “Tesla”.

I’m done. I can’t wait until October, and not only because “I want a plaid”, I don’t have a car now. I won’t buy anything just to drive since used market is crazy. We wait for new family member and my wifey needs her car almost all the time.
There are other options.

Consider someone's used Model S perhaps, either the current model or the previous "Ravens."

(Here's ours: eBay item number 334087602278.)

Some really don't like the Yoke "wheel" and there are a handful of cast offs on the Internet, if you look.