Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tail and Front lights. I’m willing to wait until Q1 for both.

Indeed.

WTH. It does look like marker. It certainly is not uniform.

It was only way I could acclimate my wife to the BEV. Made X run as close to ICE then weaned her off one aspect at a time. Now she be a one pedal queen.

I was 20-30 pages behind so gave up and jumped to current.

Is there any mention or evidence that a new headlight or tailights is even in the design phase? The only deviation we have seen is the one they used on the prototype rear hatch for the deployable spolier.

Is there anything in the parts book that shows a new tail light coming like other future parts?

If they do get a new design on the tail light, it will most likely go into the current sheet metal with zero to little assembly difference. That wpuld make a switch an easy thing.

In any event, it's totally academic for me I totally have faith I'm going to get my car. While that may be misplaced I also have the hope they will keep the same appraisal value if the car gets delayed.
While “hope” is a strategy, it might not be the best one here…

I’m hoping for the best as well, but expect to take a hit on the trade if I have to wait seven months, rather than the 1-2 originally estimated at the time of ordering (yesterday!)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
FSD onetime payment or subscription??

I am torn between adding FSD as part of the purchase or do subscription. On one hand, paying onetime locks you in with the feature without fearing price increases but it requires ponying up 10K onetime.

On the other hand, doing subscription allows to save that cash but no guarantee of price lock plus if I decide to pay in full after a few month, not only I would have paid for that many months of subscription which won't count as credit towards the 10k but also who knows what the cash price for FSD will be at that time??

Thoughts to help a fellow member decide. Thanks.
I have FSD on both my cars, it’s not worth it to me. If you plan on doing thousands of miles of driving on highways, then maybe, I would still recommend going with subscription when needed.

Solid but LOUD. When the fans are full force, I can't even hear someone talking in the other seat! In bio-defense mode there is no way to lower fan speed either. Not sure why. (In LA there is a lot of smog and smells, so I was hoping to use it daily. Can't with it being so loud.)
Biofesnse mode is loud--the fans are on high to create positive pressure in the passenger cabin. Interesting on the regular AC--mine will kick on and be lound for about a minute or two, then quiet down.

Thanks for the 19“ pics. To me the free wheel looks like 7 lobster forks and the $4500 21’s look like an effed up Star of David. But the 19’s powder coated for $500 to match the black trim and some red brakes for $500, it might look better than what’s currently out there aftermarket. Then when I wear my tires out in 7 months I’ll shop for 20’s, sell the 19’s. Options are a good thing.

Attachments

• 1918D46B-52D2-40CD-8FF4-39C7BE07FF43.png
    1918D46B-52D2-40CD-8FF4-39C7BE07FF43.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 141
  • C7568755-F7DB-41F9-9885-B04FA4CE99D8.jpeg
    C7568755-F7DB-41F9-9885-B04FA4CE99D8.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 49
While “hope” is a strategy, it might not be the best one here…

I’m hoping for the best as well, but expect to take a hit on the trade if I have to wait seven months, rather than the 1-2 originally estimated at the time of ordering (yesterday!)
So true!! Hope is the best we got! I'm just curious what happens if the car comes in at 35 or 40 days. The funny part is I'm trading in a 2021 Model 3 Performance. With the demand the way it is you might be able to make the argument the values go up. I can imagine the coding that goes into the Tesla appraisal tool to make that situation impossible lol

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks for the 19“ pics. To me the free wheel looks like 7 lobster forks and the $4500 21’s look like an effed up Star of David. But the 19’s powder coated for $500 to match the black trim and some red brakes for $500, it might look better than what’s currently out there aftermarket. Then when I wear my tires out in 7 months I’ll shop for 20’s, sell the 19’s. Options are a good thing.

I've seen the 21s in real life. They are sexy as ****. If I could, I'd upgrade today.

They were the first thing my girl noticed "we are getting those wheels, right?"

"Uhm, no..." 😅

After that, I caught her eyeing an older gentleman ("silver fox", if you will) picking up his Plaid with the 21s. God damn life is hard as a peasant.

I have FSD on both my cars, it’s not worth it to me. If you plan on doing thousands of miles of driving on highways, then maybe, I would still recommend going with subscription when needed.
That's what I am thinking and leaning towards as well. $200 a month is somewhat reasonable vs. 10k for something which may not be used everyday. Even if used very frequently, it will take 5 years to get to 10k paying $200 a month so I guess I just answered my own question. LOL

Biofesnse mode is loud--the fans are on high to create positive pressure in the passenger cabin. Interesting on the regular AC--mine will kick on and be lound for about a minute or two, then quiet down.
Here's my theory thus far on my car. I am a FIRM believer that everything happens for a reason. My car is delayed but by the time I get mine in September, October or the year 2037, by following this forum I should pretty much know everything about the car. Plus, most of the bugs will be worked out in production that they've had to fix from all the deliveries to y'all thus far!!! So keep on posting, I'll keep on learning and I'll keep on waiting!! lol. Positivity!!

I've seen the 21s in real life. They are sexy as ****. If I could, I'd upgrade today.

They were the first thing my girl noticed "we are getting those wheels, right?"

"Uhm, no... ****!" 😅

After that, I caught her eyeing an older gentleman ("silver fox", if you will) picking up his Plaid with the 21s. God damn life is hard as a peasant.
I will sell you mine when my aftermarket wheels arrive :)

Isn’t that everyone’s experience with any car ever?
I remember my first Porsche. I brought it in with a hundred miles on it because the AC was making weird gurgling noises. The service tech patiently explained to me that when the engine is in the back you can actually hear the coolant being moved around the car. As a reformed engineer, it was pretty embarrassing to need to get educated on that.

So true!! Hope is the best we got! I'm just curious what happens if the car comes in at 35 or 40 days. The funny part is I'm trading in a 2021 Model 3 Performance. With the demand the way it is you might be able to make the argument the values go up. I can imagine the coding that goes into the Tesla appraisal tool to make that situation impossible lol
Mine is a mint 6/19 M3 AWD with FSD and the $2000 acceleration boost option. Ceramic coated and pristine. 7850 miles on the odo. Tesla offer yesterday $51,800….

Here's my theory thus far on my car. I am a FIRM believer that everything happens for a reason. My car is delayed but by the time I get mine in September, October or the year 2037, by following this forum I should pretty much know everything about the car. Plus, most of the bugs will be worked out in production that they've had to fix from all the deliveries to y'all thus far!!! So keep on posting, I'll keep on learning and I'll keep on waiting!! lol. Positivity!!

I am convinced that the bugs will never get worked out - some are actually a designed-in feature. How else could they be so good at them and not eliminate them quicker?

That's what I am thinking and leaning towards as well. $200 a month is somewhat reasonable vs. 10k for something which may not be used everyday. Even if used very frequently, it will take 5 years to get to 10k paying $200 a month so I guess I just answered my own question. LOL
That’s assuming the $200/mo doesn’t increase over 5 years, which is hardly a guarantee.

I will sell you mine when my aftermarket wheels arrive :)

Appreciate that, but, I feel like my relationship is irreparably broken. I showed her a pic of the wheels I'm getting on the reservation page once we got home "ewww! youre going to drive me around in a car with those ugly ass wheels?!"

Since then, she's been doing a lot of left and right swiping on her phone. mostly left swiping... she's...she's hard to please.

Appreciate that, but, I feel like my relationship is irreparably broken. I showed her a pic of the wheels I'm getting on the reservation page once we got home "ewww! youre going to drive me around in a car with those ugly ass wheels?!"

Since then, she's been doing a lot of left and right swiping on her phone. mostly left swiping... she's...she's hard to please.
Get out, while you still can!