Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. I took a break for about a month but have been reading the posts here time to time. My Red/white/21”/wood Plaid ordered in April. EDD said June till 1st week of July and then went blank. It has been blank since then. No updates from Tesla. Called my SC, no VIn, not even soft matched.. he says not likely before October. Asked if delays in white or red paint.. he said there is no shortage but he is not sure of the process how some configurations and cars are delivered before the others even if ordered later. Losing patience at this point… reading posts here gives me some strength that I’m not alone but still wasn’t expecting anything like this… didn’t know better I guess. This is my first time buying Tesla. I have wall charger, plaid logo, T shirt, draggy and everything purchased that I look at in despair and sigh hoping one day they will meet the car
Hang in there buddy! Your time will come. I know you don’t want to hear it, but Red Plaids are coming to Texas. (Mine should be here Friday) Red with White will be worth the wait!

I honestly don't foresee the subscription price going up dramatically if / when Tesla releases FSD to the general public. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Unlike the small number of FSD beta testers, putting general public idiots behind the wheel of a 4,000 lb machine that requires constant course correction / reaction is a recipe for Tesla in liability hell.

So had a vin for about 11 days with a pick up range from August 2-8 but nothing yet.

I’m in the same boat. Today is Day 1 of the EDD range. I’m hopeful to get it at some point this week. I like to plan my work meetings ahead of time so I hope they can flex on my exact delivery time. I actually hope I can pick it up on an evening after work or on Saturday when I have extra time to switch out my current car. I do have to earn the money for this sweet ride and a mid day jaunt to the opposite side of Tampa “unplanned” would jam me up.

Not complaining, these will be minor inconveniences once I have the key or FOB/card in hand, lol. I’m staying super optimistic another day gone from the range another day closer to owning my first Tesla!!!

I’m in the same boat. Today is Day 1 of the EDD range. I’m hopeful to get it at some point this week. I like to plan my work meetings ahead of time so I hope they can flex on my exact delivery time. I actually hope I can pick it up on an evening after work or on Saturday when I have extra time to switch out my current car. I do have to earn the money for this sweet ride and a mid day jaunt to the opposite side of Tampa “unplanned” would jam me up.

Not complaining, these will be minor inconveniences once I have the key or FOB/card in hand, lol. I’m staying super optimistic another day gone from the range another day closer to owning my first Tesla!!
Have had a VIN since Friday and the date range remained 8/8 -8/14. My SA said on Friday that delivery is set for 8/13. Let's see if It holds.

I've seen the 21s in real life. They are sexy as ****. If I could, I'd upgrade today.

They were the first thing my girl noticed "we are getting those wheels, right?"

"Uhm, no..." 😅

After that, I caught her eyeing an older gentleman ("silver fox", if you will) picking up his Plaid with the 21s. God damn life is hard as a peasant.
I can admit seeing the 21s in person i definitely feel I made the right decision haha. They look very sexy on the car for sure.

And this is exactly why people don’t like Tesla owners.
@glide

The Mach-E buyers will back. There is no long term satisfaction with a Ford EV. Not ashamed to say that. Didn't realize this specific thread had such fragile minds.

Tesla is the better option. Period. And yet people are here are "happy" a TMC member is going to buy a Mach-E? that's just stupid.

@glide

The Mach-E buyers will back. There is no long term satisfaction with a Ford EV. Not ashamed to say that. Didn't realize this specific thread had such fragile minds.

Tesla is the better option. Period. And yet people are here are "happy" a TMC member is going to buy a Mach-E? that's just stupid.
Right. No one could possibly have a differing opinion.

Thanks for highlighting my point.

Slightly off topic but given this is the most popular thread and some owners are frequently here, have a question for them.

Is the issue where rock/road rash debris kicked up by the massive tires a “real thing”? Have seen some pics of Plaids whose rocker panels, doors, etc. are awful from just regular driving. Haven’t seen a ‘driven one“ in person and getting mine next Saturday so want to know if I should be babying this thing till I can put some PPF on it or better yet, get mud flaps. Nobody appears to be selling mud flaps for these though. Thanks.

I didn’t realize I would step on toes by stating I’m going elsewhere. I certainly wasn’t criticizing Tesla. I think Tesla makes great cars. I’m sure I’ll buy one in the future when I’m confident I can get one in a defined time period.

The EQS is unproven but made by a great company. We’ll see how good it is in a couple of years.

Tesla will be the leader in EV’s for some time. But real competition is coming.

Is there any mention or evidence that a new headlight or tailights is even in the design phase? The only deviation we have seen is the one they used on the prototype rear hatch for the deployable spolier.

Is there anything in the parts book that shows a new tail light coming like other future parts?

If they do get a new design on the tail light, it will most likely go into the current sheet metal with zero to little assembly difference. That wpuld make a switch an easy thing.

Not that I know of. In fact Franz told me at the Delivery Event in direct response to my question: No active spoiler, no ‘matrix’ headlights, and no new taillights”. But I figure 9 months in, something might change. And yes, only chance is probably a direct drop in replacement. Can’t see why it couldn’t be so.

I originally ordered the + and was willing to wait. So Q1 aligns with my original timeline.

Slightly off topic but given this is the most popular thread and some owners are frequently here, have a question for them.

Is the issue where rock/road rash debris kicked up by the massive tires a “real thing”? Have seen some pics of Plaids whose rocker panels, doors, etc. are awful from just regular driving. Haven’t seen a ‘driven one“ in person and getting mine next Saturday so want to know if I should be babying this thing till I can put some PPF on it or better yet, get mud flaps. Nobody appears to be selling mud flaps for these though. Thanks.
I would definitely baby your car and get PPF ASAP. After 210 miles I got 2 small rock chips on my front bumper And those were received while driving to my PPF appointment. 😖