Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, been solid, even in our 100F weather
Solid but LOUD. When the fans are full force, I can't even hear someone talking in the other seat! In bio-defense mode there is no way to lower fan speed either. Not sure why. (In LA there is a lot of smog and smells, so I was hoping to use it daily. Can't with it being so loud.)

Well folks I’m out of here. I decided to go with the EQS when it’s available. Meantime I bought a Mustang Mach e to tide me over. It’s a nice car and I’m enjoying it.

I’ve really enjoyed this forum. It’s been very informative.

Good luck to all of you. I hope you get your MS soon.

Serious Q: how the hell did you manage to get a mach e? heard they were hard to find and when found, had big markups...

This is a different discussion IMO. Bad press isn't a good thing for any company. If Tesla is regularly reneging on appraised trade-in values as a result of their inability to deliver vehicles, then the negative press could definitely hurt the brand.

The question to be answered is what percentage of their sales include trade-ins? Which is to say is this pervasive or does it only affect a small number of their sales?
No idea; which why I reached out to the community originally… to see if others experienced, or are experiencing, the same “bait and switch” and trade in devaluation risk as me.

MSLR black on black 21inch wheels.

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24

7/27 showed 8/11-8/25

7/28 showed 8/12-8/26

7/29 showed 8/13-8/27

7/30 showed 8/14-8/28

7/31showed 8/15-8/29

8/1 (today) shows 8/16-8/30 😑
My account has been doing the same except the 8/27 part of my date range has stayed the same. I was blank until 7/30 and then an EDD appeared.

7/30 showed 8/13 - 8/27
7/31 showed 8/14 - 8/27
Today 8/01 shows 8/15 - 8/27

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I stayed in touch with several dealerships and asked them to let me know if they had a customer reject a delivery. I got the call and I liked the car. I did pay a premium to get it.

Yeah, that's what I figured. That's also what has kept it from my list. Screw dealerships, I would never voluntarily pay to get screwed over because of some fake pricing BS those jerk offs pull. It's money down the drain you'll never get back. I also wish people would refuse to do it so they wouldnt pull those tactics, but if that met your needs then, hey!

And to be honest - I'm thinking most of us wont see our Model S until December or later, so, what's the price of having no car or getting screwed over by Tesla (just in a different way)?

Yeah, that's what I figured. That's also what has kept it from my list. Screw dealerships, I would never voluntarily pay to get screwed over because of some fake pricing BS those jerk offs pull. It's money down the drain you'll never get back. I also wish people would refuse to do it so they wouldnt pull those tactics, but if that met your needs then, hey!

And to be honest - I'm thinking most of us wont see our Model S until December or later, so, what's the price of having no car or getting screwed over by Tesla (just in a different way)?
BOHICA prediction?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Never been so glad to have A/C in Portland OR than a month ago, never had anything like this up here. This is hot where ever you live. Had to use my smoker thermometer, our window one didn’t go that high. That is in the shade BTW.
If Climate change is an issue in 2021, crazy to think about how it’s going to be in the next 5-10 years 🤔

I understand what you are saying. I would urge you to look closely at the documents. I can't imagine a scenario where Tesla isn't protecting themselves against the trade-in being tied to the delivery of the vehicle. In actuality, I suspect they have given themselves an out (to possibly pay you less money) in the (likely) event delivery occurs months after the appraisal timeframe. I'm not saying it's right, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if that's how the documents read. If I'm you, I'd want to know now how Tesla plans to deal with this.
Maybe. But, I would suggest, without malice, that you may not have as much experience as some others in how commercial legal matters generally play out.

First, the contract can say almost anything the company wants but there are many steps before that language even matters. For example, was any contract language reasonable, clearly stated on the website, understandable by a typical American, etc.? Is it clear that some boilerplate language on the contract, that was never signed by ink, is controlled by this quick deposit on a car that was going to be delivered in a certain time period. Are there any overly broad sections of the contract that could potentially serve to invalidate the overall validity of the contract?

Next, why was the contract entered into by both parties. Do the emails pertaining to an appraisal value and pointing someone to a online configuration tool with a specific date establish a specific agreement? If not, why was the order fee accepted if there was no firm commitment on the part of the company to deliver a vehicle? Does said company have a pattern of failing to deliver on commitments and or having to return deposits in the past because delivery dates have not been met? This is more serious because it speaks of fraud and that would be a really bad case to lose.

Next is the cost of litigation. An individual filing a claim in a magistrate or small claims court can do so without attorney for approximately $40. For a company to have an attorney a review that is at least 2 hours or $900. The attorney would then, likely, file a motion to move venue or challenge jurisdiction which would take another few hours. In receipt of said motion, the plaintiff could quickly respond that the state put the system in place to protect individuals in the state from large companies - requiring yet another round of responses from the company. The point of this and many threatened legal actions isn't that you're going to eventually prevail in court it's that behavior by a company that is unfair is not worth the cost of defending.

Maybe. But, I would suggest, without malice, that you may not have as much experience as some others in how commercial legal matters generally play out.

First, the contract can say almost anything the company wants but there are many steps before that language even matters. For example, was any contract language reasonable, clearly stated on the website, understandable by a typical American, etc.? Is it clear that some boilerplate language on the contract, that was never signed by ink, is controlled by this quick deposit on a car that was going to be delivered in a certain time period. Are there any overly broad sections of the contract that could potentially serve to invalidate the overall validity of the contract?

Next, why was the contract entered into by both parties. Do the emails pertaining to an appraisal value and pointing someone to a online configuration tool with a specific date establish a specific agreement? If not, why was the order fee accepted if there was no firm commitment on the part of the company to deliver a vehicle? Does said company have a pattern of failing to deliver on commitments and or having to return deposits in the past because delivery dates have not been met? This is more serious because it speaks of fraud and that would be a really bad case to lose.

Next is the cost of litigation. An individual filing a claim in a magistrate or small claims court can do so without attorney for approximately $40. For a company to have an attorney a review that is at least 2 hours or $900. The attorney would then, likely, file a motion to move venue or challenge jurisdiction which would take another few hours. In receipt of said motion, the plaintiff could quickly respond that the state put the system in place to protect individuals in the state from large companies - requiring yet another round of responses from the company. The point of this and many threatened legal actions isn't that you're going to eventually prevail in court it's that behavior by a company that is unfair is not worth the cost of defending.
I don't know...I was relying on my experience as a testifying expert in economic damages cases. 🤷