Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the first time in more than a month I’m now showing AUGUST!

This lines up with my other red/plaid buddies @HumanInput and @Cysco! Let’s see if it holds up.

Hoping we all get our cars in the next couple weeks! I have a road trip on 8/12, so hopefully no later than that🤞

I wonder if another factory hold is happening. Everyone in this thread, even those with VINs, appear to just have extending delivery dates and stuck in a freeze.

P.S. My dates incremented to 8/4 - 8/14.
P.P.S. Remember when we were promised June over the phone? 😡

I don't know which is worse.....seeing an actual date and having it taken away...wash rinse and repeat..or having a 1/1/21 order and being stuck in the well of having NOTHING for literally months now.... 🤦‍♂️ 😏

View attachment 690984
Same here, Tesla Twin. We’ve got to be August-October, not January-February, right? Right? 😀. I would prefer an ever changing date…at least that’s acknowledgment our orders exist. I’d prefer that at least until it starts happening to me, then I’d probably prefer blank. 😀

Not true unless traveling vertically at steady velocity. To be more realistic ;), one would have to weigh an extra 460 lbs while driving up a 10 deg incline at steady speed to be equivalent to the difference in horizontal accelerations between Plaid and LR.
Sheesus mageezus! How many doughnuts would one have to consume to weigh an extra 460 lbs?? And when you weigh an extra 460 lbs, imagine looking for a 10° incline? Do they grow on incline trees?

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
VIN!!!!!!!! Just got an email saying to review my lease offer again and it was there!

5YJSA1E66MF438XXX

What the left hand giveth, the right hand taketh away. Delivery date is now blank after being 8/4-8/14 only like ten minutes ago.

Still, I’ll take it, feels like I may actually have a car soon 👽

DE70E54B-1FA4-4336-8F23-7ED1DA4D4043.jpeg

When is Rivian expected to begin deliveries? I looked closely at it a few months back.
January 2022 on both Rivian models for new orders.

I don’t think I’m the Rivian type. My biggest “Adventures” are masking-up and going out to dinner or the grocery store. I will never go off-roading on purpose.

Alright all. A little hope for you all still waiting and have less then stellar SA's. I ordered in Feb and did the whole song and dance for months even getting a narrowed down delivery date range just to have all that disappear. This was when I started to think of other options. I located a few other Tesla Stores near me and called in the morning on Friday asking if there was any in stock Model S's AKA Refused deliveries for whatever reason the buyer chose not to get the car, the car is perfect. I was lucky enough to have had a manager answer when i called a different location and she offered to put me down for the "Right to first refusal". Literally a few hours later i got a call from my SA explaining that she called him and they had an almost identical match but rather then blue it was MSM. They were able to tie the VIN to my account and said I would have to pickup the car in 3 days.

Well Needless to say, they set me up for a delivery appointment yesterday morning and I finally got the car! Like everyone else said before, it is worth the wait and frustration. It does not forgive Tesla for the antics and lack of communication but, It feels much better now. Hope this info can help others in the same boat! Cross posted this! Cheers all!
00955C3F-25AC-48F9-92E8-F2649DC59D0C.jpeg
87A2C86D-C846-415D-A124-EC57FD2A9354.jpeg