Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to feed my newborn at 4 AM and of course I check my account (totally natural) and I’m not BLANK anymore!!!

For the first time in more than a month I’m now showing AUGUST!

This lines up with my other red/plaid buddies @HumanInput and @Cysco! Let’s see if it holds up.
Same here, blank since 7/23, this morning back to August, sigh.

Slightly off topic but given this is the most popular thread and some owners are frequently here, have a question for them.

Is the issue where rock/road rash debris kicked up by the massive tires a “real thing”? Have seen some pics of Plaids whose rocker panels, doors, etc. are awful from just regular driving. Haven’t seen a ‘driven one“ in person and getting mine next Saturday so want to know if I should be babying this thing till I can put some PPF on it or better yet, get mud flaps. Nobody appears to be selling mud flaps for these though. Thanks.
I immediately drove my plaid across the country and have a pretty big rock chip on the rear passenger door (no idea?!) and a less bad one on the hood. I did get it PPF'd and am fine with the chips, so nbd here, but if you want it to look close to perfect, I'd avoid driving it much until getting PPF.

The place that did mine even offered to cover the leading edges of my car with scrap vinyl wrap in the week before my appointment, but I told them not to bother, given how much I had already driven. If it hadn't already been on the road, I likely would have taken them up on this.

I went from blank to October on both my orders this morning. I’m happy with October after being blank.

Yesterday I configured a Rivian SUV and today I have an EDD! Coincidence?
iu-5.jpeg

First time since my early May order, I have an EDD "September".
EDD back to August today from blank. RN1147
I don't know which is worse.....seeing an actual date and having it taken away...wash rinse and repeat..or having a 1/1/21 order and being stuck in the well of having NOTHING for literally months now.... 🤦‍♂️ 😏

4F4BBCE3-67CA-42F5-B497-782301F3D368_1_201_a.jpeg

I have to think the delays are more frustrating for Tesla. After all, they are a public company who needs to stand in front of a microphone every quarter to discuss results, including deliveries.

I do not think so - I think Elon stands up during those calls and just envisions everyone in their underwear laughing to himself, then thinks about what is being served in the company cafeteria, and then will promise some feature to be available in "two weeks".

I do not think so - I think Elon stands up during those calls and just envisions everyone in their underwear laughing to himself, then thinks about what is being served in the company cafeteria, and then will promise some feature to be available in "two weeks".
LOL - I agree he is not a typical CEO. He seems to march to the beat of his own drummer. But significant investors, with a seat at the table, certainly are interested in the company's financial goings-on.