Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dbtrizzle I called my SC and was able to track my car—it’ll be delivered either today or tomorrow to the SC, so they tentatively scheduled me for 8/4 and will call me to pickup sooner if it arrives.

Now, my account has the final payment option…without my FSD credit! 😩 Emailed the OLA from Fremont who said I would still get that on my converted order, so hopefully can hear back on that today.

Don’t wait for Tesla to contact you, contact them instead! Out of sight, out of mind as @lolachampcar pointed out.
Did they fix the order fee at least?

Of all the pictures I have seen of a red MS refresh, the one Omar snapped at the delivery event is still my favorite.
1627928034045.png

@dbtrizzle I called my SC and was able to track my car—it’s in the south lot awaiting a trailer, so the SC can see when it’s about to ship. He said it’ll be delivered either today or tomorrow to the SC, so they tentatively scheduled me for 8/4 and will call me to pickup sooner if it arrives.

Now, my account has the final payment option…without my FSD credit! 😩 Emailed the OLA from Fremont who said I would still get that on my converted order, so hopefully can hear back on that today.

Don’t wait for Tesla to contact you, contact them instead! Out of sight, out of mind as @lolachampcar pointed out.
did they at least credit you the 1k "order fee", I'm wondering if I should start fighting for it now or wait closer to delivery

@dbtrizzle I called my SC and was able to track my car—it’s in the south lot awaiting a trailer, so the SC can see when it’s about to ship. He said it’ll be delivered either today or tomorrow to the SC, so they tentatively scheduled me for 8/4 and will call me to pickup sooner if it arrives.

I called them and also got a preliminary date set, thanks for the advice. I also said to call me if the car arrives sooner.

Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
Tried this for fun. No idea what it means but my May LR order, EDD October, has 2979xxxx listed.

Warning - way off topic
I had three other (reasonably large) guys in the car yesterday and accelerated hard in an 80 mph sweeper. The front tires were skittering as they clawed across the pavement trying to get the nose around. It was a too much acceleration locked dif feeling so I do not think Tesla has done much with torque vectoring yet. It feels like the car electronics are set up for straight line acceleration right now.
I have been waiting for someone to comment on the torque vectoring. Thank you @lolachampcar for addressing this issue. I’m hoping that when my refresh model X arrives we will be close to the software update that brings torque vectoring into the mix. Potentially the most underrated feature!

If i may ask, where does it show it at and whats its technical term for discount....
Thanks for asking, I just checked to get screenshots and my $2K FSD credit is now there! Once you have a delivery scheduled, your manage order page should have a Final Payment section, that has a More Details link which breaks everything out and shows there is no order fee and my $1,000 reservation payment is being applied:

AA50B2CD-3706-4785-B833-EB603308D61F.png

AB1B285E-57D0-4A81-8219-8C6D3DCDF986.png

Thanks for asking, I just checked to get screenshots and my $2K FSD credit is now there! Once you have a delivery scheduled, your manage order page should have a Final Payment section, that has a More Details link which breaks everything out and shows there is no order fee and my $1,000 reservation payment is being applied:

Why do they call it a referral credit? Isn’t the credit based on the former price of FSD?

My delivery date is back! Aug 02 - Aug 06...I'll take my car today, please 😅 Still no MVPA, which I'll need to double check has FSD at $8k from my 9/22/20 order. And, that my order fee of $1,000 is a credit and not a fee (it's a fee being charged rather than deducted in the Order Agreement 🙄).

In the home stretch though, hopefully this doesn't mean I'm in the @Leodoc hates me club.

Also interesting, Progressive doesn't pull up the Model S using my assigned VIN, so I can't update my insurance. The Tesla insurance quote directly from them in CA is only $186 per month. Maybe I should take that? Anyone with an existing car go with Progressive or Tesla?
I used to have Progressive, but when I removed my P90DL from my policy and added a dual motor Y, they raised my premium by $2,000 per year. I called and complained that it made no sense that my MS (a high performance car that would cost more to replace) was cheaper to insure. They refused to adjust the premium, so I switched to Tesla. In CA, Tesla insurance was the most affordable for my particular circumstance. I have no experience filing a claim, so I can’t speak to their customer service or claims processing.

Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
Hmmmmm, I got a number "26185xxx". So does this mean I should have hope? Or just continue to valiantly, yet hopelessly, check my account page daily? Things that make you go hmmmmm. On another note, WHERE'S MY CAR ELON????