Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine already took delivery of his. Blue with white interior. 21's. wood trim. took delivery 7/24.
Your friend either got lucky cuz someone rejected delivery or he literally was the first person to place the order lol white interior has the kryptonite of refresh model s. Get any dark color for exterior and interior and you'd get your car within weeks. We got several people here who went through it. You'll definitely get your car with dark/cream interior next month due to EOQ push even if you order today. But white interior, not so much.

Updated with the collated results from the responses I've seen so far! There's a lot of missing data in there, so please continue to update and add more responses as they become available.

Best I can tell from looking at the responses is that the RN stub and the Vehicle Map ID are linked and monotonically increasing but don't appear to have much of an impact on estimated delivery date. I'm starting to wonder if the RN is just the "business" side of the house while the Vehicle Map ID actually links the reservation to a car that will be eventually be manufactured, but has no real bearing on the timeline itself.

I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if someone who already has a Vehicle Map ID changes something in their configuration. My hypothesis is that the RN wouldn't change, but a new Vehicle Map ID would be generated. This way, the reservation can be decoupled from the actual build (and eventually the VIN).

Anybody itching to switch from 19" to 21" wheels and willing to be our experiment?
Thanks for all the hard work to add all the details. I was tempted to switch to 21" wheels, but now that we're seeing 2-week EDDs for 19" orders, I think I'll stay the course - unless I have zero updates my mid-August.

Your friend either got lucky cuz someone rejected delivery or he literally was the first person to place the order lol white interior has the kryptonite of refresh model s. Get any dark color for exterior and interior and you'd get your car within weeks. We got several people here who went through it. You'll definitely get your car with dark/cream interior next month due to EOQ push even if you order today. But white interior, not so much.
Dark/dark combo only works for 21”.

Alright all. A little hope for you all still waiting and have less then stellar SA's. I ordered in Feb and did the whole song and dance for months even getting a narrowed down delivery date range just to have all that disappear. This was when I started to think of other options. I located a few other Tesla Stores near me and called in the morning on Friday asking if there was any in stock Model S's AKA Refused deliveries for whatever reason the buyer chose not to get the car, the car is perfect. I was lucky enough to have had a manager answer when i called a different location and she offered to put me down for the "Right to first refusal". Literally a few hours later i got a call from my SA explaining that she called him and they had an almost identical match but rather then blue it was MSM. They were able to tie the VIN to my account and said I would have to pickup the car in 3 days.

Well Needless to say, they set me up for a delivery appointment yesterday morning and I finally got the car! Like everyone else said before, it is worth the wait and frustration. It does not forgive Tesla for the antics and lack of communication but, It feels much better now. Hope this info can help others in the same boat! Cross posted this! Cheers all!View attachment 690998View attachment 690999
Is this cream of white interior?

How do you get the vehiclemapid ? I get this when I type Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId

1627944588882.png

Pushing two months with my silver/black/21s MSLR. Everyone is playing the waiting game right now. Some more than others.

Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
RN 11435xxxx with vehicleMapId: 2556xxxx, Original Order Date: 01/07

This is exactly why I would cancel. Knowing that if someone else cancels it doesn't push me up in the line, just gets someone who JUST placed an order a car faster. Whats the point of being an early adopter and believing in the company if the company doesn't appreciate those people?

Yes, business is business. But businesses rise and fall based on how they treat their customers. The people who love this car will most certainly get another one, and they will have the same experience we are having now. So Tesla will lose us and gain others now, just to lose the people they gained now in a few years.. It's a cycle that needs to break.
curious, Sam.....

what ever happened to your contact at Tesla? Is he/she providing any info whatsoever?

How do you get the vehiclemapid ? I get this when I type Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId

View attachment 691243
I'm sorry--it looks like for Firefox, my previous instructions were incorrect.

1. Right click on your account page and select Inspect. This should pop open a window that shows the page's source along with other tabs like Console, Debugger, Network, etc.
  2. Select Console
  3. Either type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId or paste it into the console where you see >>
    1. If you choose to paste it, you may have to type "allow pasting" into the console before it will let you paste. This is because, generally speaking, pasting commands into a browser console can be very dangerous and you should not do so frivolously.
  4. You should see you Vehicle Map ID appear when you've typed that in, like below:
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 19.08.07.png

1. Right click on your account page and select Inspect. This should pop open a window that shows the page's source along with other tabs like Console, Debugger, Network, etc.
  2. Select Console
  3. Either type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId or paste it into the console where you see >>
    1. If you choose to paste it, you may have to type "allow pasting" into the console before it will let you paste. This is because, generally speaking, pasting commands into a browser console can be very dangerous and you should not do so frivolously.
  4. You should see you Vehicle Map ID appear when you've typed that in, like below:
View attachment 691263
These Instructions worked I got a number back :)

2. Select Console
View attachment 691263
What can i do with the MapID?

Then there is this...

Some lucky owner has his LR Black/black, wood trim, 21" at the Indy Tesla store.

Good on you. I did not put any fingerprints on the vehicle, only looked upon it as any neglected girlfriend might look upon the one they pine for.

Not a big fan of the tire shine they use. A bit too glossy. Still would be happy to receive my configuration with that shine.

Elon... Where is my Plaid?

Attachments

• 20210802_180955.jpg
    20210802_180955.jpg
    814.2 KB · Views: 50
I wonder how many miles of range we lose with mudflaps, they’re not very aerodynamic lol
Funny b/c I was actually thinking the same thing. But technically, even if they stick down under the front & rear fenders a few inches, they're blocked by the car's wheels/tires & wheel wells so it shouldn't make much difference in aerodynamics, right? btw - found this (probably for 2012-2020 MS but may fit????)... https://www.amazon.com/Nansure-Spla...mud+flaps+tesla+model+s&qid=1627947449&sr=8-6

Last edited: