Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called a new SA today just for fun. She spent 15m (!) looking through my account and talking to her manager. It was satisfying in that she seemed to actually make an effort (compared to my assigned SA who has never responded to an email or returned a call).

Their conclusion was that my battery day plaid+ order with white CF would be produced in October based on what they found in the account.

🙃🔫

This 🌧 on my hope that I would be covered in a September EOQ push, but miracles could happen. Lol.

😭

June 6th order plaid/msm/black/wood/removedfsd/19s
June blank aug 15-31 13-27 and now 15-27
that's great to read and good luck! I have read some posts that are saying the 19" don't really exist, not being produced, etc. - but although it's Tesla and the monkey can blank it out at any time, I makes NO sense to me they would give a date range they know they can't meet.

Maybe they're expecting a boat to bring them in and they'll have them in the EDD windows given.

Maybe they can fedex them to SC's after the cars are there (makes less sense to me). More likely to me - maybe the "dusty 450" are on temporary 3 or Y 19" or similar wheels and when the real ones come in, bammo, out the door with them.

I just can't imagine that they would give EDD ranges IN AUGUST if they can't deliver. I can see mine, which says September, relying on a lot of things - enough chips, white interior, and yes 19" wheels - but that (to me) is why it says September, and not a range.

To have a range tells me these things exist, or are about to - i.e. they have enough material and capacity to make the beast(s).

My pocket theory (in the past) is a month alone means a soft match - logistically they intend to produce a car for you in that time period - maybe a bunch of them in batches and then they'll just assign, versus making the cars based on orders. A range means (to me) a VIN has been assigned (possibly not built yet, but the car has been mostly identified) - and then the range narrowing or changing to me means the car is in shipment, and/or arranging inspection, etc. - and when the dates fall off, maybe the car is damaged in shipment, etc. to me the VIN means "you are supposed to get THAT car." subject of course to shipment, damage, inspection.
would be VERY interesting to learn if someone later gets an aborted VIN and what happened, but we'd probably never be able to learn.

A better question might be how does one even get his/her car on a train to Chicago? I've had a VIN for two weeks now and my SA confirmed with Tesla logistics this morning that my car is still sitting at the factory.
that tells me it is missing "something" - could be a part, could be firmware for different chips. In my mind, your car is MOSTLY built, but not ready for shipment

I’m actually curious about how often anyone uses their mobile charger on the road. Going on 3 years and never been far enough from a supercharger to bother to even carry it. The odds of poor planning leading to an emergency charge that ends with me finding only a mobile home park or outside power plug to continue is pretty slim.
I think it depends on where you live, how many chargers are nearby, and whether you ever travel in remote areas. Up here in Canada there are many places without superchargers. Having an assortment of charging adapters, my mobile charger, and even a Chademo adapter has saved my butt countless times. Poor planning had nothing to do with it.

This forum has a lot of great info, some inaccurate info, and some alarmist type of stuff.
I'm seriously wondering if it is "healthier" to step back - I think some folks have mentioned they are doing that.
When I ordered in May, the EDD was September.
So why the F am I checking daily, panicking when I see on the forum new LRs not until February, etc.?
It has been an emotional roller coaster -- for a friggin car.
I think I'm going to take a chill pill, and hopefully (periodically) check in and see folks getting their beasts.
I think the Tesla monkey is an angry, vindictive beast, but I see no reason for me to put on a tin foil hat and read about Tesla conspiracy theories. YMMV.