Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also able to edit my Cybertruck order. I assume it's because I haven't been assigned a SA yet since it's not even in production.
My plaid order allowed me to edit in my Tesla account for 1 day and then I was no longer able to change anything.
Is there any way to get a different SA than the one initially assigned? Mine ba-lows!

So what does that say 1) about the wheels we have seen out there and 2) about the individuals who have estimated delivery date ranges?
The only confirmed 19" wheels have been on one (or two) Mfr test cars. I've not seen any pics nor confirmation from anywhere that anyone has taken delivery of a refresh Plaid or LR, with 19" wheels.

Just picked up the plaid and damn the interior is lux! Way better than before. Anyone in California take delivery with the plate bracket still on? Is it removable? The rep said its welded on.
The rep is wrong; it's glued on (after you remove the front part that has a few funny bolts to attach to the rear portion). Multiple videos online to show you how to remove...usually with a heat gun to soften the glue.

Call a local service center / delivery center. And they will either assign you someone or give you some information.
Thanks for this!

Called three times just now. First call and third calls, the IVR routed me directly to the post-call survey. The second call rang for about 45 seconds and then informed me that I could leave a message or go to the website. I'll keep trying. Or not. Based on others' experiences, I doubt I'll glean much useful info from a call at this stage.

The only confirmed 19" wheels have been on one (or two) Mfr test cars. I've not seen any pics nor confirmation from anywhere that anyone has taken delivery of a refresh Plaid or LR, with 19" wheels.
Theres been three or four photos. There was someone who saw one driving down a highway in Cali. With a family in it. And other "reports" that they are being delivered. We have seen cars (non-test mules) with temporary (non-manufacture) tags on it as well.

For those getting the fear of delivery dates and 19” wheels and not wanting to hold on any longer…can you wait until the end of September? If not, the decision to bail would make sense. If so, then you’ve already waited this long and September is only weeks away. The end of quarter push from Tesla churns out 3-4X more cars than usual and you have a strong chance of getting your cars then despite whatever SAs and EDDs say now.

That was going to be my breaking point. End of September, or I would switch to some other fall EVs.

Hoping we see our first 19” this month! But, even if we don’t, September will be a big month!

This is kind of my plan. If I don't see any movement by Sept I am probably cancelling. As I noted in a post above - this first time Tesla buyer is very unimpressed. My SA has been decent, but as also stated... they have limited info as well.

I heard Martian Wheels are coming out with some special fully forged wheels for the new Model S by end of year so I'm going to hold off on purchasing wheels until they release something
I hope it's sooner than that since I can't drive on 21's with summer tires in November/December in Indiana and TSportline is on dope with $5,700.00 and no 19's.

Reactions: Venom
Hype, hype, hype, hype....

1628019906808.png

Although I agree with you, I also think you should cancel your order right away since your Plaid is almost identical to mine except I ordered CF trim and the 21" wheels...maybe I'll get a VIN sooner? Sorry, I understand and agree with your frustrations. Trust me. I guess I've just learned to accept it for what it all is and as a good friend reminded me the other day, Tesla is NOT the only auto manufacturer seeing major delays on certain parts, computer chips, etc. It's happening to almost every auto mfgr in the auto industry. Tesla's biggest problem is the lack of communication and the fact that there's no real customer service and the SA's know nothing and are basically useless for their customers. I am fortunate enough to have another car (albeit iy's an ICE vehicle) at my disposal so I'm just driving that and living my life as usual, waiting for my Tesla MS Plaid. Anyhow, cancel your order for the white MS Plaid/white seats please. j/k but good luck on whatever you decide to do. ;)
I hope you get yours before me so you can leave the forums again....j/k ;) 😂

Wait, you ordered less than a month ago?! Congrats!

Yeah, I'm not really sure how it happened so quick, especially with carbon fiber. And I got a VIN first thing Friday morning, and on Sunday the car had already arrived in Seattle. Seems too quick, like maybe someone backed out and I got lucky while the car was in transit? The SA said it was in Fremont on Friday, but... who even knows. Hype. That's what I know for sure. Hype.

I hope it's sooner than that since I can't drive on 21's with summer tires in November/December in Indiana and TSportline is on dope with $5,700.00 and no 19's.
I will be selling my 19s as soon as I have both vehicle and the forged wheels (third week in August). No idea what is fair and not sure if there is interest.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid