Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exactly what I’ve been thinking was going to happen to Plaids on the track. He will need to put in a roll cage and a parachute in order to not get kicked off the track. The track is the only place that you would be able to legally unleash the potential of the plaid and this makes it very difficult.

I’m sure glad I saved 50K and ordered a long range!
Uhhhhhh after 11.49 in the quarter mile, you need a six point harness, and all kinds of safety stuff too:
Guess you're screwed if you bought the LR and want to unleash its potential.....;)🤣

Last edited:
This is exactly what I’ve been thinking was going to happen to Plaids on the track. He will need to put in a roll cage and a parachute in order to not get kicked off the track. The track is the only place that you would be able to legally unleash the potential of the plaid and this makes it very difficult.

I’m sure glad I saved 50K and ordered a long range!
I have zero interest in going to track again…been there, done that many times with previous cars. We ALL know how quick the MS Plaid is and I’m certainly happy I ordered it and not the LR. Different strokes for different folks. 😎

So it's looking like it's gonna be a full year from order to delivery for us then, haha
Yes, pretty much! Though to be fair, when we first ordered last Sept, the original delivery estimate was for late-2021.. of course, this was for a fairly different product (4680 cells, structural pack).

But the unfortunate bit for us is that the 18650-cell non-structural Plaid has been shipping for almost 2 months, and we still don't have an official EDD.

If they hadn't given me a July delivery date back in June, I wouldn't have sold my M3P last weekend. I find that it's all about expectation management.

Anyway, back to waiting and refreshing. Fun times!

Last edited:
I have zero interest in going to track again…been there, done that many times with previous cars. We ALL know how quick the MS Plaid is and I’m certainly happy I ordered it and not the LR. Different strokes for different folks. 😎
Some of us are peacocks 🦚 🦚 , and others are content to live in the shadows.

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD Blank (since mid May) Denver, CO

I called my SA a couple of weeks ago and was told to expect delivery around sept-nov. It sounds like a realistic timeline considering not a single 19inch plaid car has received a VIN or delivery. Once the first plaid delivery with 19 inch wheels happens, the first LR/19 inch will happen probably 3-4 weeks later at the earliest. This is the similar pattern that happened on June 10th.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how it happened so quick, especially with carbon fiber. And I got a VIN first thing Friday morning, and on Sunday the car had already arrived in Seattle. Seems too quick, like maybe someone backed out and I got lucky while the car was in transit? The SA said it was in Fremont on Friday, but... who even knows. Hype. That's what I know for sure. Hype.
I know how it happened so quickly: $10k more profit for Tesla 😏 (21" wheels helps, too)
Sorry, too cynical?

Anyway, congrats and please post photos!

I wish they allowed this in Minnesota. Nonsense tint laws
Honestly, it's very hard to notice since it just adds a tinge of hue on the screen. I doubt you will get pulled over for it as the sole reason. The only way you get cited for it so you get pulled over for speeding and the cop is diligent enough to notice it.

Some of us are peacocks 🦚 🦚 , and others are content to live in the shadows.
Sure. As I’ve said before, it also depends on what you’re coming from. If you drove a Toyota Camry, I suppose a Tesla Model S LR would feel like an other-worldly, ridiculously fast vehicle while the MS Plaid would potentially be a little much for you. However, if your last car driven was a Porsche 911, Ferrari, Lambo, GT-R or something like that (or maybe a different EV) and you love going fast in your own sports car or sports sedan, you might be happier with the MS Plaid; you want the most bang for your buck so to speak and $130k would be a bargain considering your car is quicker than a $3m Bugatti Chiron! 😉😎

These reactions to the Plaid are priceless!

At first glance, I thought the guy in red is wearing borat suspenders lol
IMG_3377.JPG