Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All true.

But that was then, this is now.

Tesla is current failing to perform on many levels.

Who would argue a Gwen Shotwell clone as COO would not be an improvement?
True. All products (in production and future, like CT), and Tesla designed/produced sub-products (e.g., new battery) continue to slip and be behind schedule. Part shortages only account for some of this.

Panel gaps! Arghh. Its uneven on driver side, flush on passenger hood. Also gasket misaligned on passenger side. Adding to my ticket!

Attachments

• 8B904DA6-3E98-4941-8111-23DEE9FA0979.jpeg
    8B904DA6-3E98-4941-8111-23DEE9FA0979.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 129
  • B3B09CA5-B603-40D3-AA81-E756D8425F76.jpeg
    B3B09CA5-B603-40D3-AA81-E756D8425F76.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 63
  • 84BD0EF1-D2D0-420E-B52E-5846CBED63DF.jpeg
    84BD0EF1-D2D0-420E-B52E-5846CBED63DF.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 57
  • E57F74F4-6EAB-497D-B998-B44988F825F8.jpeg
    E57F74F4-6EAB-497D-B998-B44988F825F8.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 35154029-F3C5-4B2A-BBBD-ED3D672D6A5E.jpeg
    35154029-F3C5-4B2A-BBBD-ED3D672D6A5E.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DCD6BC55-4F00-4790-B854-0DD16560CE21.jpeg
    DCD6BC55-4F00-4790-B854-0DD16560CE21.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 56
All true.

But that was then, this is now.

Tesla is current failing to perform on many levels.

Who would argue a Gwen Shotwell clone as COO would not be an improvement?
As COO, that would maybe work. As long as Elon would still have the ultimate say, then I think that maybe would help to smooth things over. The problem is, it would be a tall order to find someone who wouldn't just tell the public lies to tie them over like other car makers do.🙂

I got quoted $4200 for full body (didn't get only full frontal quote). I ended up not going for it and doing ceramic only for now - still debating a matte wrap at some point. $2200-2500 seems fair for full frontal, but I dunno if others had different experience.

I had a similar issue with State Farm. VIN didn't show up in their system until the day before I took delivery (6/26 delivery). My agent said they can do an "insured letter" for delivery (don't know if Tesla would have accepted) just in case, but I never needed it.

They managed to fix it, did some weird manual work on it. Anyway, it's done. Whew! Thanks!

Hey guys - for those of us that couldnt afford the 21s or the plaids and therefore will be waiting for another 2 years, I thought we could all come up with some great peasantmobile vanity license plates (which we also cant afford). Here are my ideas so far, let me know what you think (7 character limit!). plz add urs.

"BR0K3MN" OR "BR0KWMN"
"N0WBR0K"
"P3ASANT"
"2P00R4U"
"N0SVNGS"
"VRYSL0W"
"N0TPLAD"
"D38TLFE"
"D1V0RCD"
"CH3PR1K"
My wife likes SCARGO....for the snail.

On a serious note, I'm naming my LR Eagle 5, after the Winnebago from Spaceballs.

True. All products (in production and future, like CT), and Tesla designed/produced sub-products (e.g., new battery) continue to slip and be behind schedule. Part shortages only account for some of this.
True they are behind maybe behind schedule. But when has this been new with Tesla? The MX was 2 years late.

It's because they're busy delivering cars to people who ordered two weeks ago. They're trash when it comes to business practices and customer relations. I don't understand who are the people jacking off to news like 1.2M Cybertruck orders and other crap. It's probably the same people who got to leapfrog everybody else and got their car within days. I mean this company is struggling to deliver a few thousand orders of their latest refresh car that has already been finalized and announced and all. Yet some of you guys think they're gonna do so well in delivering Cybertrucks lol. Not to mention it isn't even finalized yet. And if you think Tesla will sell you a tri-motor set up for literally half the price of the tri-motors in Plaid without compromising range or any other important feature then you're delusional.

Shifted again. 20 Aug -3 September

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Aug 16-Aug 28
Aug 17-Aug 31
Aug 18-Sep 1
Aug 20-Sep 3
My dates tightened over night. Was 06-20. Now 07-20. Imagine, if I were not a member of this TMC support group, I would think these changes actually are based on something.

Last edited:
It's because they're busy delivering cars to people who ordered two weeks ago. They're trash when it comes to business practices and customer relations. I don't understand who are the people jacking off to news like 1.2M Cybertruck orders and other crap. It's probably the same people who got to leapfrog everybody else and got their car within days. I mean this company is struggling to deliver a few thousand orders of their latest refresh car that has already been finalized and announced and all. Yet some of you guys think they're gonna do so well in delivering Cybertrucks lol. Not to mention it isn't even finalized yet. And if you think Tesla will sell you a tri-motor set up for literally half the price of the tri-motors in Plaid without compromising range or any other important feature then you're delusional.
And no batteries yet for the CT, which supposed to start deliveries later this year…. I wonder if those, like me, that placed a CT order at announcement will see what those here are seeing when they placed Plaid orders at announcement (hint, BOHICA).

Good grief, I don't know what's worse. Blank forever or the rolling dates for weeks. Jeez
Blank dates make you feel abandoned and forgotten. Rolling dates slowly erode any sense of optimism and make you fee sad. I will say that I am angrier now that I have rolling dates than I was when the EDD was simply blank. I'm not sure if that is simply a product of having waited longer, though.

Blank dates make you feel abandoned and forgotten. Rolling dates slowly erode any sense of optimism and make you fee sad. I will say that I am angrier now that I have rolling dates than I was when the EDD was simply blank. I'm not sure if that is simply a product of having waited longer, though.
Well, I have a blank yesterday and a January today. I think I prefer the blank….