Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, as some of you predicted, my EDD did narrow by a day overnight (see sig). I suspect the initial specific date range occurred when I was softly matched to a car entering the production process. The leading date algorithm seems to be "Current date plus shipping time to your location" and the trailing date seems to be the sum of (max flow); from order released to production, production, post production (finding a shipper) and travel time to your designation. Thoughts?

If you like black just coz it’s available earlier, then you are setting yourself up for buyers remorse. This is my first white interior and it’s definitely something else. I could have chosen any exterior color for earlier delivery but the white was non- negotiable (especially for my wife)
It’s like a group intervention trying to talk sense into me. Haha..

I do really like the black wood a lot. I owned a 2018 M3P with white interior and enjoyed it. Car before that was a Macan with black interior and I liked that also.

So I wouldn’t have remorse except the stupidity of paying a $10k price hike. I can never say I have principals again. Then again I have a good amount of tesla shares so it’s an investment? Haha I suck.

This is one of the best Plaid video's I've seen yet!! Owner of the ZR1 is right, under any realistic conditions the Tesla is going to win. And the tires he has to run on that beautiful ZR1 (and it still spins!!!) really takes away from the looks of the his car. How much money did he have to spend on his ZR1 to achieve that power? I think that car is over 1000 rwhp. Could not have been cheap (way more than Plaid I am guessing). Looks wise though, IMHO, Corvettes are hard to beat.

Oh yeah it was wayyy more. I bet 717 has over 30 to 50 k in that car. ZR1s are $140-150k before any mods. So nearly $200k for something that's slower than the Plaid in 99.99% of cases. The reason why I was so impressed was that I've seen his races with that car, and I know how fast it is. So this is AMAZING to see how well the Plaid does.

I do really like the black wood a lot. I owned a 2018 M3P with white interior and enjoyed it. Car before that was a Macan with black interior and I liked that also.

So I wouldn’t have remorse except the stupidity of paying a $10k price hike. I can never say I have principals again. Then again I have a good amount of tesla shares so it’s an investment? Haha I suck.
haha, that’s a unique way to justify 😂 I will surely use this trick next time.

They’ve done this with every new car release. It’s a pattern of behavior. As @lolachampcar said, they’ve created a culture of overpromise and underdeliver. I’m just walking out of one of those environments in my professional career myself (complete with “but the mission is so important that everything else doesn’t matter”) and I don’t have a lot of sympathy for those who drink the kool aid.
This is my first Tesla, but yes, this seems to be the norm. I still have to think supply chain issues have only exacerbated the delivery problem.

I’ve only ordered carbon fiber for myself (the wife has different opinions); however, now that I’ve seen the ebony wood in real life, I’d be more than fine with that (I’d get my CF fix from the spoiler and the license plate holder thingie I have). No remorse if I could get the car a couple of months earlier.

My white car with black seats has white stitching as well... Very very nice touch.
Pics?

I had a white interior m3p, and Raven S performance. I loved both, but was very back and forth on interior color for the plaid. Ended up getting black and no real regrets tbh. I’d have been fine either way. Exterior color as well. I’d have taken anything but black exterior.

As much as I love the white I’m also very ocd with my cars so it was a constant point of stress for me so it feels good not to have to take my 2yr olds shoes off in the car, or be constantly mindful of everything lol The seats resist most stains but still was always on my mind.

One other concern I had with white is the perforated seats starting to show wear(cracking/creasing) as well as
dirt/stains in and between the perforations.

This is my first Tesla, but yes, this seems to be the norm. I still have to think supply chain issues have only exacerbated the delivery problem.

Supply chain (manufacturing and logistics) is a colossal dumpster fire. Some materials more than others. Lead-times have been pushed out 50+% or more - especially involving metals. There is also a huge labor shortage across all manufacturing sectors. Some companies have coped better than others,

I’ve only ordered carbon fiber for myself (the wife has different opinions); however, now that I’ve seen the ebony wood in real life, I’d be more than fine with that (I’d get my CF fix from the spoiler and the license plate holder thingie I have). No remorse if I could get the car a couple of months earlier.
I was pretty dead set on carbon but seeing the ebony wood in person I actually like it as well. I’d still slightly prefer carbon but definitely don’t regret my decision at all.

@OnTheSnap You are not alone. I tried to snatch up a canceled Plaid order yesterday, but was too slow. I have no need for Plaid 🦚 . But I can convince myself that I really want one, perhaps a flashy red one with a screaming eagle (a la Trans Am) hood decal.

Today my EDD reappeared for my MY order, but I’m still blank on the MSLR.
If you don't have "6.6LITR" vanity plates it will be a lost opportunity.

I see you ordered Blue/White which imo looks stunning and worth waiting for. I think I'd change to that if it didn't affect my wait time.

I see you ordered Blue/White which imo looks stunning and worth waiting for. I think I'd change to that if it didn't affect my wait time.

The blue/white combination is perfect IMHO. However, I would be like Raymond's mother Marie whenever someone would be in the car. The black interior just lets me relax more. Is that on me? Yes. But a man has to know his limitations.

Oh, and both are running about 320 Wh-hr/mile.

Elon, I would like the 520 fancy mile (390 real mile) range Plaid+ please.
I want the 4680 batteries...waiting 'till next year to see if they become available. Range is not significantly important to me, but it would be nice. My P100D 2018 was rated at 315 when new. I have some battery degradation after 3 years, and now it's rated at 305-306, but I've gotten all the "launches" out of my system and prefer to try for a high rated MPGe now. To that end, my rated range of around 305 shows an estimated range of around 380-395. So if the 18650 batteries on the plaid show a rated range of 396, that may mean that I might have around an estimated 495 miles of range. And of course, the 4680's will bring a much higher range. C'mon 2022!

The blue/white combination is perfect IMHO. However, I would be like Raymond's mother Marie whenever someone would be in the car. The black interior just lets me relax more. Is that on me? Yes. But a man has to know his limitations.
I've never given thought to why the white interior isn't for me and I believe you've nailed it. 👍

Pics?

I had a white interior m3p, and Raven S performance. I loved both, but was very back and forth on interior color for the plaid. Ended up getting black and no real regrets tbh. I’d have been fine either way. Exterior color as well. I’d have taken anything but black exterior.

As much as I love the white I’m also very ocd with my cars so it was a constant point of stress for me so it feels good not to have to take my 2yr olds shoes off in the car, or be constantly mindful of everything lol The seats resist most stains but still was always on my mind.

One other concern I had with white is the perforated seats starting to show wear(cracking/creasing) as well as
dirt/stains in and between the perforations.

I was pretty dead set on carbon but seeing the ebony wood in person I actually like it as well. I’d still slightly prefer carbon but definitely don’t regret my decision at all.

you guys are making this easy. Haha.

I did ride in a plaid with black ebony at the Plaid event. It’s awesome and ultra masculine. Hey I saved at least $10k skipping vacations during Covid. Omg I hate myself.

you guys are making this easy. Haha.

I did ride in a plaid with black ebony at the Plaid event. It’s awesome and ultra masculine. Hey I saved at least $10k skipping vacations during Covid. Omg I hate myself.
Somehow I just do not think this will be a consideration once you are sitting in the car :)

I have both white and black, good to mix it up sometimes. Both are good.