Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...

I sent an email to my TA because I could not order TPMS related parts. (Ordered 20" wheels and all that)

The guy got back to me quickly. He indicated that the parts can be ordered once I have a "VIN#".

He went on to state that I should expect my "VIN#" in October.

Uh, what?

I just realized there is another word/phrase that I really do not like. I cannot stand the word "arbitrage". Now "VIN#" is on the list. No one would ever say vehicle identification number number. Yet folks do it shorthand.

Yea, that October thing chafed a bit too. Especially considering all of these folks getting VINs or delivery ranges while having later order dates.

Where is my car?

FWIW,
So...

Yea, that October thing chafed a bit too. Especially considering all of these folks getting VINs or delivery ranges while having later order dates.

Where is my car?

FWIW, I have a late March order and heard the same thing.

According to a different SA at a different SC, I have a "soft match" with an expected Factory Gate Date of "Mid-September to Mid-October" and he said it could be late October before it makes it to the service center for pickup.

There is no way they have more demand than 2k cars/wk that the line can churn out, and yet it's going to take 7 months to get it to me. This is crazy, and I suspect it's due to the trickle of 19" wheels, which we both have.

So...

I sent an email to my TA because I could not order TPMS related parts. (Ordered 20" wheels and all that)

The guy got back to me quickly. He indicated that the parts can be ordered once I have a "VIN#".

Uh, what?

I just realized there is another word/phrase that I really do not like. I cannot stand the word "arbitrage". Now "VIN#" is on the list. No one would ever say vehicle identification number number. Yet folks do it shorthand.

Where is my car?
Wait, that sucks. I was hoping to have my wheels and tires mounted/balanced and ready to go as soon as my car arrives. How can I do that if I don't get my Vehicle Identification Number # until about 1 week before? It'll take time for the TPMS modules to arrive.

I guess I'll have my buddies order for me. What a pain in the ass.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
In a drunken rage, I placed an order Friday for my same config but with Black wood.. A day later I have a delivery window for Aug 11 - Aug 22.

so they will happily take your $10K and get you a car ASAP. Even if the configurator tells you next year.

A fun $100 experiment that costs you $10K lol…

BTW I now like Black ebony much better than white CF. Haha.
Exactly, Tesla is prioritizing price adjusted vehicles before early reservations. Very unethical.

Here's some perspective after I read about what traditional dealerships are doing, while we wait for our cars and Tesla ups the prices of the cars 5k every month or so.

1. Honda is no longer allowing 3rd parties to take over leases. Honda lease vehicles must be traded into Honda dealerships or bought outright by the lesee.

2. Dealerships are marking up cars thousands of dollars over MSRP. I've read as much as demanding 10k over MSRP. Not negotiating, straight up saying if they can't pay 10K over MSRP then the shopper should just leave.

3. Dealership inventory is mostly prebought, and anything not already claimed is what's fetching these absurd numbers.
yeah, I talked to a Toyota dealer this weekend and they have jacked up 10k over MSRP and folks are still reserving it. Just to put it in perspective.

I know this is gonna sound dumb but does the lip spoiler come standard on Plaid models? We ordered red and I couldn't find anywhere that referenced it. I've always loved the look but the wife never let me put one on!

Yes - the Plaid has the spoiler. How else are you going to tell it is a Plaid?

Hate to be the one to point out gaps and all because I know how some people don't like that, but I can't help noticing the gaps between the trim on the rear doors. If you look at the attachments one side looks much bigger than the other. I probably wouldn't refuse delivery over it because it's probably like that on all of them, but c'mon we are all paying a premium for these cars. Tesla really needs to up their game on quality control and customer service.

FWIW,

FWIW, I have a late March order and heard the same thing.

According to a different SA at a different SC, I have a "soft match" with an expected Factory Gate Date of "Mid-September to Mid-October" and he said it could be late October before it makes it to the service center for pickup.

There is no way they have more demand than 2k cars/wk that the line can churn out, and yet it's going to take 7 months to get it to me. This is crazy, and I suspect it's due to the trickle of 19" wheels, which we both have.
Same exact info I received. I suspect EOQ push will lessen that time but I am torn on receiving a pushed vehicle. I’ll wait an extra month for a good vehicle, by tesla standards.

So...

Uh, what?

Where is my car?
The parts catalog says very clearly that no VIN is required to order these parts:

14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Silver1490701-00-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Black1490701-01-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
15NUT, SILVER VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044
15NUT, BLACK VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-01-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044

Mine came in today.