Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9 month delivery estimate now on a supposed to be 1 month delivery. I can already tell I'm not getting the cybertruck before 2026 and I ordered it the night of reveal.

How freaking hard is white paint on a white interior with carbon fiber and 19 inch wheels. If they think I'm going to accept a year 21 car a week before 22 that ain't happening; Which I suppose will push me even further out. Wonderful first buying experience Tesla!

Reactions: Scrappy Malloy
9 month delivery estimate now on a supposed to be 1 month delivery. I can already tell I'm not getting the cybertruck before 2026 and I ordered it the night of reveal.

How freaking hard is white paint on a white interior with carbon fiber and 19 inch wheels. If they think I'm going to accept a year 21 car a week before 22 that ain't happening; Which I suppose will push me even further out. Wonderful first buying experience Tesla!
I accepted an '18 model year 3 days before '19, no problems.

so I received this email this morning. I checked my account, still blank. Unless the email pertains to the “July” to “blank” change to my account at the start of this month.

Attachments

• 9FE1BC83-44BD-4508-B3C9-976118036484.png
    9FE1BC83-44BD-4508-B3C9-976118036484.png
    265.8 KB · Views: 63
I’ve been lurking since around May, figured I’d hop in and will add to spreadsheet:

Plaid / 11517 / Black/White/CF/21 ordered mid June, has been forever blank

LR / 11519/ Red/White/21/ ordered July ish, was team October until this morning and now Feb.

I’ve never had an “SA” per-se, as Tyson’s Corner DC pretty much never answers the phone (same experience as with the wife’s M3). Most of my interactions have been through a DC in Orlando that answers nearly every time I call.

Received the same email, early June order, RN 1151 - Blue/White/19 inch LR, 3rd Tesla, second Model S.

Estimate is now February, changed from being consistently October. I hope Tesla considers allowing us to change color specs to facilitate an early delivery (I'm fine with MSM, Black, and a cream interior, etc). My SA has been useless.

I have a Lucid reservation, and was seriously considering a Taycan CT prior to the S announcement. I am trying to stay loyal...but I'm starting to doubt that this will happen.

I’ve been lurking since around May, figured I’d hop in and will add to spreadsheet:

Plaid / 11517 / Black/White/CF/21 ordered mid June, has been forever blank

LR / 11519/ Red/White/21/ ordered July ish, was team October until this morning and now Feb.

I’ve never had an “SA” per-se, as Tyson’s Corner DC pretty much never answers the phone (same experience as with the wife’s M3). Most of my interactions have been through a DC in Orlando that answers nearly every time I call.
Welcome to the thread!

Sadly, you're describing pretty much the type of problem that made me leave USAA. My issues were different, but ended the same way.
Decades of satisfaction evaporated with a handful of seemingly insoluble problems, which should not have even existed.
Now I use Progressive, Schwab and CapitalOne for everything USAA used to do. Life has become simpler.
Plus, Tesla-related problems are non-existent.
My latest Tesla story at Progressive happened today when they changed my quote for the new Plaid, reducing it to be just $30 more than the 2018 Model 3P, per six month policy. I did not ask why!
Wow! That’s a great price! Will have to shop around.

Just got an email notification that my order agreements are ready for review. Went in and accepted the agreement, pickup date is still tomorrow at 10am!
I got a VIN on August 3rd. I got the please make final payment email that day also, my delivery time frame is August 10-16th, so today through next week and yesterday I got a text asking if I wanted to trade in my current Model S. Still no ETA on actual delivery... Would think soon??

so I received this email this morning. I checked my account, still blank. Unless the email pertains to the “July” to “blank” change to my account at the start of this month.
I got the same "Dear John" email this morning. Last week my EDD was changed from October to 'blank'. This morning EDD is November 26 - December 26. So, i can enjoy the end of Quarter Delivery Chaos during the Holidays! Time to order that Lucid Air! - ordered June 27, LR/Red/Cream/19s. in Bay Area, CA.

I too got the email and EDDs yahoo!

My order from January with carbon interior is showing the 2nd half of September.

The wood trim order I placed in July is showing the 2nd half of August.
I placed a July order with 21" wheels in same config as my 19" wheels and both are now showing Sep 5 -25. What if we get a VIN for the ones we ordered later for giggles :oops:
Don't know what I will do really

Really is. The way Tesla does business and treats their customers is absolutely horrible. I can think of any other car company that does it. Competitors can not come soon enough and then Tesla will suffer if they don‘t treat their loyal customers better or news ones like me, who ordered last year. Like I said before, if I don’t get an eta finally by end of month, I am canceling and Tesla will never have a chance at my business again, unless they have a miraculous customer service problem.

We are buying a $80k plus car and the treatment/communication is probably worst in any retail business, especially to an affluent consumer.
Try ordering a Porsche, Ferrari, Audi or Mercedes before the Model you order has reached dealers. Those I have done. Typically the MSP was agreed then mysterious dealer adds ended out making the choice paying for all that invisible add. The only honest one was the Ferrari, that one called it 'additiional dealer margin'. None fo these had any information until I suddenly was called saying my car was ready.

So no, Tesla is not worse than others that have advance ordering. at least in my experience. Knowing that does not make me like it, but at least Tesla honors my original ordered terms and does not make me pay as if I ordered today.
Tesla even gave me free Supercharging on my 3P because they had added it to that model after I ordered. I di not ask for that, it just appeared with a note explaining. So, please have perspective.