Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but we simply don't know if Tesla is having similar logistical and supply chain problems with parts. What I can tell you from my own experience is that for my company I own, we have a supplier in Germany and place approx 4-5 large 4-6+ pallet orders each year and although we've seen slight delays and screw-ups regarding the exact container ship our order gets loaded onto and when the container ships leave the German Port to come across the pond to USA, we've still been receiving our shipments in a relatively consistent fashion (albeit maybe 1-2 extra weeks from order to actual delivery to us). In addition, US Customs and the local US CFS Warehouse (where the containers are offloaded and shipments separated for each customer) have been conducting business as usual. The holdups though have been with the worldwide shipping industry but again, at least from Europe, not too terrible. Shipments coming from China though could be a completely different story. My company does NOT import a single piece from China so I really don't know much about issues in that area.
No Chinese imports that’s awesome. Good job

Dude the facts speak for themselves. That’s just one that I see posted. I’m sure there are many more. You’d think tesla would have communicated if you wanted white interior you’ll wait 9 months. But if you’re okay with black interior you can pick it up in 2 weeks.

Oh yeah, and if you order with a price increase and black we can get it to you soon. But if you want to change your order to something you can get sooner you’ll have to pay the extra $10k anyway.

So yes, ultimately this is more about the $10k than it is prioritizing earlier orders.
Nope! There isn't anything more to it but the 10k, as is confirmed by multiple people who have contacted the higher ups or have spoken to people at Tesla in person. Anyone who still holds on to the idea that, "Tesla can do no wrong" is basically an idiot.

My point was anything that plugs into a NEMA 14-50 is limited to 40amps. If what you plug into the NEMA 14-50 is further limited, than it is. Plugging a wall connector into a NEMA 14-50 (I know, it's not necessary, but some still do this) results in a max of 40amps despite the connector's max with a 60amp breaker of 48amps.
Good points. Thanks.

I am not sure the wall one is really any faster in your case. I would still choose the wall mount for OCD cleanliness and the hassle of putting the other one in my car every morning.
Yeah. I have two of the original HPWCs with 80amps and an S that has a dual charger, do the speed difference is significant. I supppse this won’t matter with the latest S…?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Dude the facts speak for themselves. That’s just one that I see posted. I’m sure there are many more. You’d think tesla would have communicated if you wanted white interior you’ll wait 9 months. But if you’re okay with black interior you can pick it up in 2 weeks.

Oh yeah, and if you order with a price increase and black we can get it to you soon. But if you want to change your order to something you can get sooner you’ll have to pay the extra $10k anyway.

So yes, ultimately this is more about the $10k than it is prioritizing earlier orders.
Easiest solution to this problem will be for Tesla to offer everyone who ordered before price hikes, a one time change to their order for a small order update fee ($10k) while still keeping the old vehicle price. That will stop people creating multiple orders and messing up their production planning.
it’s a win win for everybody 😀

Easiest solution to this problem will be for Tesla to offer everyone who ordered before price hikes, a one time change to their order for a small order update fee ($10k) while still keeping the old vehicle price. That will stop people creating multiple orders and messing up their production planning.
it’s a win win for everybody 😀
I agree this would be a simple and low-cost option for them and us. I changed my paint and interior colors before any of the price increases and it would cost me $6,500 to go back to the basic White/black, which makes no sense. There are a lot of things Tesla "could" do but when demand is so high and any order not picked up will quickly move to the next customer coupled with the amazing reviews, they feel they don't HAVE to do anything. If they were going to do something it would have started before the 1st order was delivered. I'm sure the two quick price increases reflect high demand and some rising costs but the lack of customer focus on the order/delivery part of the business is really just a sad thing to observe.

Interested as to what they say about it. I'm guessing they all do it, and it requires an updated part.

Sitting in waiting room now as they look at something for me.

Showed the second mirror doing same thing. He offered to replace it again and again until it is fixed. However, we do not know the cause and risk just putting another bad one on. So he will talk with Tesla to see what they know.

So if your does do it, at least report it to service so it builds case history at Tesla.

My VIN is 432 with June build.

So I spoke to TA this morning. My car is expected to arrive at Mt. Kisco SC on the 17th.... Shitt is about to get real with the 19s dragy tests :)
Congrats, I just took Delivery at Mt Kisco on Sunday. Smooth relatively flat stretches of road that are suitable for a cheetah mode launch are in short supply around here though. Island dragway looks interesting though for a quarter mile run.

Alright alright I called my SA and he assured me that even if I wanted to pay $10k extra my delivery timeline wouldn't shift. I also asked if I changed my address from California to Texas if that would make anything quicker, to which he replied, "We're an hour from the Fremont factory. If anything it would push the date to the right." So... so am I to understand that people in Florida/Texas/South Carolina aren't receiving their orders before me? If transport is an issue I would gladly drive to the Fremont factory and save them all of their transportation costs...

When I was in Seattle it was explained that the deliveries go international first, then east coast, then west coast and ENDS with California. I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here

Reactions: EndlessPlaid