Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to get the model S as soon as possible, do the following:
Order plaid over the LR
21 inch wheels over 19 inch
Any exterior color over red (it was a hold up in the beginning not sure if it still is)
Wood over CF
Black or cream interior over white interior

The whole Tesla SAs asking for 10k to have your exact configuration delivered before somebody who ordered the same car after the price hike sounds like gossip. If somebody has my exact configuration, ordered it after the price hike, and has received it already, then ill believe the rumor.

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/19-9/30 Denver, CO

OMG OMG!!! Picked up my MSP today. I haven’t even tried the drag strip mode yet. Just set it on “Plaid” and floored. No matter how you prepare for it, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!! the blood rush to my face was insane..

Absolutely loving it, all!! Really comfortable even with the 21s it has. Most surprising fact is that build quality is supreme. Nothing to tell service to fix or address inside, out.

OMG OMG!!! Picked up my MSP today. I haven’t even tried the drag strip mode yet. Just set it on “Plaid” and floored. No matter how you prepare for it, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!! the blood rush to my face was insane..

Absolutely loving it, all!! Really comfortable even with the 21s it has. Most surprising fact is that build quality is supreme. Nothing to tell service to fix or address inside, out.
Elon? Is that you?

Order plaid over the LR
Any exterior color over red (it was a hold up in the beginning not sure if it still is)
Wood over CF

The whole Tesla SAs asking for 10k to have your exact configuration delivered before somebody who ordered the same car after the price hike sounds like gossip. If somebody has my exact configuration, ordered it after the price hike, and has received it already, then ill believe the rumor.

Can vouch for this. Had ordered a LR before. Got impatient and ordered a Plaid white/cream with 21s on 7/26. Picked it up today after two and a half weeks.

My favorite part about all of this is that Tesla forced plaid buyers to get carbon fiber and then once they realized that they wouldn't have enough, only then they let you choose...but then raised the price and told you if you don't want to get screwed by delivery timelines then you have to get screwed by price. Tesla, such a brand for the customer.

Tesla knows its customer put no cost on peacocking... They are counting on it.

Can't keep up. Just skipped a couple dozen pages.....

How stupid can any one article get?

On topic. I got the pretty meaningless email. Says 'reflect the most accurate estimate' for delivery. Well now. It's Still. Blank. Not that I care, I'm still fine with waiting it out, but man, the communication. One of the most technologically advanced commercial companies in the world. And this.
That article must be pure clickbait. Neither of those cars are running sub 8 second 1/4 mile times, and the video is really weird playing faster than real time. None of it looks right.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid

@Azhar Great news! Vin range again? No shaking drivers mirror or door corners with sheet metal not rolled over? No window glass distortion?

Order plaid over the LR
Wood over CF

I have a case where it shows they prefer the $10k price bump car over the pre-price bump car.
I'm a + convert for a white/blk/cf/21/fsd. Ordered in 9/22/20
My EDD is 9/15-9/30 to burbank service center. No Vin.
@Maximus023 Ordered my config on early August 2021. He already has a VIN and is scheduled for delivery.
Wiki - Model S Delivery Update
He also has a + conversion to plaid on order with a different config, and has no VIN.

Please offer any other explanation other than the $10k price difference?

Wouldn't I get that my car before someone that ordered last week since my original order date is almost a yr ago?
Same Delivery Center. Same Everything except the price hike.

That blood is actually rushing FROM your face 🤣