Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to rain on anyones parades but Tesla always finds a way to make you wait. First you wait for the car, then you wait for the broken software to be updated lol.

Currently on: 2021.12.25.5
Software car hasn’t updated to: 2021.12.25.7, 2021.24
Missing features that other same model cars already have: Dashcam Viewer (makes me mad), Disney+ (could care less for)

after contacting support about the car being behind on two updates but saying “up to date”, they said “two weeks boi”
Not gonna lie, I kinda hate that you have your car now. Liked it when you were on the forums more often 😂

Once you get the VIN, does that mean the car is complete? if so, I've has a VIN for 4 weeks and still no delivery date
Gotta contact someone at the service center to get updates. Multiple cases with VINs coming and disappearing for no reason or VINs and no delivery date in sight. Very questionable process but contact someone so you're not stuck in a limbo.

Picked up my MS Plaid yesterday.

Attachments

• 4E17CFD5-4B0F-4141-9D06-4EB294A4274E.jpeg
    4E17CFD5-4B0F-4141-9D06-4EB294A4274E.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 78
Gotta contact someone at the service center to get updates. Multiple cases with VINs coming and disappearing for no reason or VINs and no delivery date in sight. Very questionable process but contact someone so you're not stuck in a limbo.
I think that VIN assignment means that it is scheduled for production once they think they have all the parts, etc. Probably schedule as far out as possible.
Of course, things change.

I think that VIN assignment means that it is scheduled for production once they think they have all the parts, etc. Probably schedule as far out as possible.
Of course, things change.
Car is complete by the time the VIN gets assigned to you. Of course it’s assigned to the chassis beforehand.

I am still unsure of how I will be with an EV (never owned one). With my current cars I would have a range of around 400 miles on a tank. I get gas when the light comes on (on a road trip) or when convenient. Without a roadtrip I only get gas maybe once every couple of weeks during covid. I am unsure if I will care or not.
I've owned EVs for 6 years now. I almost exclusively charge at home and just plug in every time I come home. I've never had range issues doing that. I took my old 2016 Model S P100D on a road trip a few times and just used the superchargers that the NAV system told me to use. Never had any issues or range concerns. Compare that to my family's ICE vehicles where you have to stop somewhere and get gas every few days, even for everyday commuting, and the EV wins hands down in the overall convenience factor.

Hi, at the risk of getting over confident, my SA told me today that my car has actually shipped from Fremont, and will be here end of next week sometime. I have a delivery appointment at 10am Sat. Aug. 21. Given all this, does this group think I am foolish to expect it now? I know it could be damaged in transit, but barring that type of thing, it seems to be on track now.
Be kind if it is in your nature :)

Hi, at the risk of getting over confident, my SA told me today that my car has actually shipped from Fremont, and will be here end of next week sometime. I have a delivery appointment at 10am Sat. Aug. 21. Given all this, does this group think I am foolish to expect it now? I know it could be damaged in transit, but barring that type of thing, it seems to be on track now.
Be kind if it is in your nature :)
You’re golden, pony boy! 😀

I am still unsure of how I will be with an EV (never owned one). With my current cars I would have a range of around 400 miles on a tank. I get gas when the light comes on (on a road trip) or when convenient. Without a roadtrip I only get gas maybe once every couple of weeks during covid. I am unsure if I will care or not.
I think you will get used to plugging in at home, and after your first road trip with superchargers will feel relaxed. I had a Leaf in 2015, got my first Tesla in 2017, and after that realized I really didn't want to buy another gas car.

Can anyone actually speak to the pickup process itself? I have no trade in and got approved financing through the Tesla site. How do they handle:
Payment?
Tags?
Registration?
For me, I sent the payment online, did online document signing, they dropped the car off while I was at work, had another small package of papers to sign and a FedEx envelope to send those papers back to Tesla. That was that.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid