Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats a crazy turn around on a VIN. There are folks on here 9+ months and waiting. I think you are going to be OK given the VIN assignment.
No argument on the crazy fast VIN. I'm still sweating that it still is not in transit after they said it was. Plus a few stories of VINs disappearing adds to the concern. Would not be a big deal if I had not already sold my car. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It's going to interesting next week at work. I have a few peacocks there. One with a BMW M5, one with a sporty little Mercedes AMG coupe, One with a Porsche Cayman. They talk some crap about who has the fastest car from time to time. I'm going to settle that argument when my LR rolls up. 😂
The big question is…do they know what’s about to hit them? 😀

• Funny
The big question is…do they know what’s about to hit them? 😀
Nope. This will be the first Tesla at the company. Whenever someone mentions EV's they start hemming and hawing about poor range, can't race them like ICE vehicles, loss of power at high speeds etc.

My supervisor said he'd race me in a range race with his Porsche. When I told him the estimated range is 405, and I would accept that challenge, he said "Really? 405? Not at 80 MPH". I told him that is true, but your gas mileage at 80 will not meet your estimates either. :cool:

Some of the posts I see really got me thinking. Feel free to flame away.

Warts and all...

I believe there is an astonishing reality within our common plight. Nearly every person here will tolerate almost anything from Tesla to get to delivery.

I cannot think of a single product with the same prevalence of dissatisfied pre-customers that has a growing business.

For its time, a product exists that is so unbelievable that we can accept all that Tesla is, warts and all.

We will still complain as though we could walk away. (some can, I suspect they may regret though)

What a freaking glorious thing we are part of. And I appreciate it for what it is, warts and all.
I had to wait six months for a new electric range. Along the way there were many delays and changes to estimated delivery dates. Finally came.
That's just the way things are these days. Supply chains are FUBAR
(Not nearly as great as a new Tesla.)

Reactions: Pdubs and T-Racer
Is it normal for a new MS to not charge fully? I picked up a MSP on Wednesday and charged it twice already but it stops less than full (at least the battery picture shows a little area remaining to full) and it shows 313 range when it is supposed to be around 350 specs.
What is your charging limit set to?

Is it normal for a new MS to not charge fully? I picked up a MSP on Wednesday and charged it twice already but it stops less than full (at least the battery picture shows a little area remaining to full) and it shows 313 range when it is supposed to be around 350 specs.
Did you slide the little charge level selector all the way to the right?
(BTW, after you figure it out, you don't want to charge to 100% except before a long trip. We do about 80% day-to-day.)

(BTW, after you figure it out, you don't want to charge to 100% except before a long trip. We do about 80% day-to-day.)
How to do you do that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 82
Guys and Gals,

After a long wait (although not nearly as long as some of you) Tesla delivered my LR this evening. i can't tell you how much this group helped me blow off steam and express my frustration with Tesla. I won't thank any of you by name because I will miss someone, except @1021Plaid for his positivity (although I am convince he is a 13 year kid sitting in his parent's basement somewhere how came up with a brilliant idea to get noticed).

I will leave you will a small ode to my new car that I wrote today while waiting for delivery.

How long have I waited to smell the sweat perfume of your new car smell, the feel of your Yoke between my lonely fingers, the curve of your stylish bumpers and the silence of your engine. I have longed for your delights during the late nights with a gun metal imposer parked in the lonely garage. At last, my dear, at last we will be together… for the next 5 or so years and a new model is released.

Wishing you all well. I'll check in ever once in a while.

Steve (and cats Loki and Shadow)

Guys and Gals,

After a long wait (although not nearly as long as some of you) Tesla delivered my LR this evening. i can't tell you how much this group helped me blow off steam and express my frustration with Tesla. I won't thank any of you by name because I will miss someone, 1. except @2021Plaid for his positivity (although I am convince he is a 13 year kid sitting in his parent's basement somewhere how came up with a brilliant idea to get noticed).

I will leave you will a small ode to my new car that I wrote today while waiting for delivery.

How long have I waited to smell the sweat perfume of your new car smell, the feel of your Yoke between my lonely fingers, the curve of your stylish bumpers and the silence of your engine. I have longed for your delights during the late nights with a gun metal imposer parked in the lonely garage. At last, my dear, at last we will be together… for the next 5 or so years and a new model is released.

Bro...

1) why you gotta be like that?
2) youre not going to give us any initial thoughts on how it drives, build quality things you like etc.?

Also, are @sflgator and I the only two OGs on here who don't have a damn VIN yet? Christ. I bet even @elguapo got his car weeks ago.

I mean, *sugar*, they even gave @Ramphex his car and he quite possibly might be the only person to have ever been banned on TMC.

Last edited:
Guys and Gals,

After a long wait (although not nearly as long as some of you) Tesla delivered my LR this evening. i can't tell you how much this group helped me blow off steam and express my frustration with Tesla. I won't thank any of you by name because I will miss someone, except @1021Plaid for his positivity (although I am convince he is a 13 year kid sitting in his parent's basement somewhere how came up with a brilliant idea to get noticed).

Any blemishes in your wif..er, car?

• Funny
Guys and Gals,

Congrats! And is that the year when King Henry II took delivery of his Model S with practically no wait?

I just tried doing an online quote for progressive with my new vin and it's coming back not valid since it's using new designation on 8 /9 digit. Head anyone had similar outdoor with progressive? Will call tomorrow
I have insurance with Progressive. They basically low-balled me with auto as long as I signed up for home insurance as well, And i did.
I didn't head outdoor with them though.

Hi, for what it is worth, I like to keep the display set on percentage, not miles. The rated/estimated miles are so subject to driving conditions and environmental issues that I never really look at it. Percent for me works great. YMMV (pun intended) with respect to whether you like it displayed that way or not. I realize your issue may be that you have the slider set below 100 too.