Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious what your plan is for winter tires?
I also purchased a set of SV104 19" wheels (in stock widths) to use as winter wheels. Already purchased TPMS from Tesla. The wheels have already shipped, but not yet arrived. That gives me a bit of time to decide on tires, though I'm probably going with Pilot Sport All Season 4s (255/45/19 and 285/40/19) at about $1250 from tiretrack. Where I am in S. Jersey, we don't get quite enough snow to use pure winter tires. What snow does fall is normally gone in a week or so, but the temps do stay < 45 degrees for weeks at a time, so the summer tires are a definite no-go. I used all season contis on my M3p on 18" wheels and it was a darn good solution.

Hi all,
I've seen posts before about winter tires. My buddy got his LR with 21" which have summer tires. Are there suggestions for either all-season 21" or decent winter 21" tires?
I went on tirerack.com (my goto) and i saw 3 sets of summer tires for the 21", none for winter or all season.
Thanks for any help.

Currently no one makes a winter or all season in the 295 size. Michelin stated they would have the Sport 4 a/s available later this fall but have not seen anything further. I stopped at 3 different tire companies and found the same information.

Figure I have about 2 months to figure this one out...

Salut tout le monde,
J'ai déjà vu des articles sur les pneus hiver. Mon copain a eu son LR avec 21" qui ont des pneus d'été. Y a-t-il des suggestions pour des pneus toutes saisons 21" ou des pneus d'hiver 21" décents ?
Je suis allé sur tirerack.com (mon goto) et j'ai vu 3 jeux de pneus été pour le 21", aucun pour l'hiver ou toute la saison.
Merci pour toute aide.

Doubtful, and the refreshed and Raven are not compatible. Given the year ranges for the ad, no way.
That's what I figure...the Chinese made brands, while they can work quite well, they tend to not exactly have all the information on their Amazon postings so true fitment isn't guaranteed. Although I understand the shape may indeed not work on the new MS Plaid/LR, but I also have to wonder since they're just rubber, why can new holes be made in whatever locations are needed for the plastic grommet clips to be used in the wheel well?

Last edited:
I also purchased a set of SV104 19" wheels (in stock widths) to use as winter wheels. Already purchased TPMS from Tesla. The wheels have already shipped, but not yet arrived. That gives me a bit of time to decide on tires, though I'm probably going with Pilot Sport All Season 4s (255/45/19 and 285/40/19) at about $1250 from tiretrack. Where I am in S. Jersey, we don't get quite enough snow to use pure winter tires. What snow does fall is normally gone in a week or so, but the temps do stay < 45 degrees for weeks at a time, so the summer tires are a definite no-go. I used all season contis on my M3p on 18" wheels and it was a darn good solution.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I ran those tires all year long here in S FL on my Porsche Macan Turbo & Jag I-Pace...great grip in both dry & wet, long lasting tread wear, and mostly quiet. Definitely a great option although I don't know how they perform on slick, snowy, icy, slushy roads.

Another day and lost one on the front and two on the end of my EDD 😏. 3 steps back …..damn monkey….

08/25 - 09/08 On 08/07
08/27 - 09/09 On 08/11
08/28 - 09/07 On 08/14
08/29 - 09/09 On 08/16

Do you have a delivery date yet @GrnSqrl ?
I’ve been waiting all day for your update! What’s with the stall?! I’m still holding at a range of 8/23-29.

Still getting a “tingle in my loins” every time I walk past my car and see this…

EA6D1CD1-B48C-4C6D-8BF5-CBF0E9EBAE9D.jpeg

Currently no one makes a winter or all season in the 295 size. Michelin stated they would have the Sport 4 a/s available later this fall but have not seen anything further. I stopped at 3 different tire companies and found the same information.

thank you. one of several reasons I "required" 19" on my forthcoming beast. of course, by the time i get it, we may be driving without wheels, ala back to the future.

I also talked to TireRack support who confirmed that there's no 295/30 21" coming for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S within at least the next 90 days. They said if there was this size incoming, their internal database would have a placeholder at least 90 days in advance. Take that info for what it's worth. I have no doubt this will eventually be available though.

Last edited:
I also talked to TireRack support who confirmed that there's no 295/35 21" coming for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S within at least the next 90 days. They said if there was this size incoming, their internal database would have a placeholder at least 90 days in advance. Take that info for what it's worth. I have no doubt this will eventually be available though.
FYI, there are the new Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires coming "this Fall" but that can certainly get delayed due to supply issues. Michelin - The first MICHELIN Pilot Sport-family tire for electric sports cars

Reactions: impastu and rpan25
Thank you. Super helpful. I bought the mud flaps from Amazon, and the associated tools and fasteners. Already received ceramic coating and bedmaker is on its way. Wish my plaid was on its way. One clarification, is there a reason to use clay bar after PPF? My understanding was clay bar is for paint imperfections.
If no one has answered already - Reason you want to clay bar before PPF is 1) it helps strip any previous sealant, coating ,wax off the surface. 2) it helps to remove any stuck/invisible debris that would show up when the PPF is laid down. Smooth Surface is best Surface

Make sure to use a highly rated/reviewed installer and not a company that guarantees a service done within a select 24-48 hour period (most of the time they go for quantity rather than quality and I've seen in many cases botched PPF installations with micro debris stuck underneath the film or unsealed edges which would collect more dirt which becomes an eye sore and a problem down the line with lifting)

Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21 inch wheels. Kansas city, Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. 7/26 I started showing 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5
8/7 showed 8/23-9/6
8/8 showed 8/25-9/8
8/9 showed 8/27-9/10
8/10 showed 8/27-9/10
8/11 showed 8/25-9/1
8/12 showed 10/16-11/5
8/13 showed 8/27-9/7
8/14 showed 8/28-9/7
8/15 showed 8/29-9/7
8/16 (today) shows 8/30-9/7

Four straight days of 9/7.. I hope that means something!

I also talked to TireRack support who confirmed that there's no 295/30 21" coming for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S within at least the next 90 days. They said if there was this size incoming, their internal database would have a placeholder at least 90 days in advance. Take that info for what it's worth. I have no doubt this will eventually be available though.
Michelin Pilot Alpin winter
Here it exists well, it is available and are selling price according to the stores

415 to 427 € for the 295/30/21
330 to 341 € for the 265/35/21

For the A S tires it is not available in 21".