Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, there are the new Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires coming "this Fall" but that can certainly get delayed due to supply issues. Michelin - The first MICHELIN Pilot Sport-family tire for electric sports cars
You have the car before us
We have the tires before you

One would think that there would be a progression of speed modes? When insane mode was implemented, it was chill, sport and insane. When ludicrous mode was implemented, it was chill, sport, insane and ludicrous. Why not chill, sport, insane, ludicrous and then plaid?
There are several different tricks when "tuning" ICE engine mapping. Most involve timing and fuel but one cheater method is to increase torque demand on pedal tip in. It makes the car feel more peppy.

I'd love to get my hands on the torque demand map for the Plaid and put 30% of the car's torque in the first 50% of the pedal travel then put the rest in the remaining half of the pedal travel. It would make it easy to drive on a daily basis without affecting power availability.

Just dreaming.

You have the car before us
We have the tires before you

True. btw -- I only use Michelin tires...they're the best in the world, imho. Also, don't know where you live, but my wife and I traveled to Nice, France and it was one of our very favorite cities in the world. Just beautiful! 🙏 👍

Currently no one makes a winter or all season in the 295 size. Michelin stated they would have the Sport 4 a/s available later this fall but have not seen anything further. I stopped at 3 different tire companies and found the same information.

Figure I have about 2 months to figure this one out...
I just went through this and thought I'd share.

I live in Chicago and so need to drive through the snow.

Previously, for my Audi S6 and 2 MB E63s, all AWD, I went w/ all season ties (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06). Storage and 2 visits per year to the tire shop just was a no-go for me. I've got another car I take to the track and so leave the aggressive driving there and don't need the absolute highest performance on the street.

For the (black) MSP I just ordered (EDD 9/2 - 9/22), I didn't like the OEM wheels and so after shopping HRE, Forgeline & Vossen (all monoblock forged), I went w/ Signature Wheel SV104 (as they were about 1/2 the price and I love the look). As others posted, I wasn't able to find an all season tires with the OEM 21'' (perhaps there are some, but I looked at the major players). So, after some research and support from Jamie over at Signature Wheel, I decided to go with 20'' wheels which opens up a bunch more tire options. In the end, after messing w/ tire heights and costs, here's the setup I went with:
  • Front: 20 x 9 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (255/40/20)
  • Rear: 20 x 10.5 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (285/35/2)
I expect the cost will be just over, maybe $1.5k, the upgrade from 19'' to 21'' Tesla charges.

Will post pics once installed.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

True. btw -- I only use Michelin tires...they're the best in the world, imho. Also, don't know where you live, but my wife and I traveled to Nice, France and it was one of our very favorite cities in the world. Just beautiful! 🙏 👍
Thank you, I am in Toulon, one hour drive from Nice.
In return you have beautiful volcanoes I still have monstrous memories of Mount Saint Helens in 1980
And several missions on the volcanoes of Hawaii Big Island

New member here, so first post. Ordered my Plaid on 8-8-2021, and it is currently showing EDD of 8-28 through 9-10. I refresh daily, and there were a couple instances where my delivery would change from Aug-Sept date ranges of about 30 days wide to “March”. Each time that as happened I called customer service which was equal to howling at the moon, haha, so I stopped bothering them (I was always polite). I’m hoping the time-frame end-date continues to hold and tightens up as my trade valuation is only good until 9-11. I can tell from reading here, I am hoping for way too much lol.

To try to help my delivery date I ordered white Plaid with black/wood interior, and will not touch it or try to modify even though I wish I would have opted for the 21” rims. Hoping for the best here!

I just went through this and thought I'd share.

I live in Chicago and so need to drive through the snow.

Previously, for my Audi S6 and 2 MB E63s, all AWD, I went w/ all season ties (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06). Storage and 2 visits per year to the tire shop just was a no-go for me. I've got another car I take to the track and so leave the aggressive driving there and don't need the absolute highest performance on the street.

For the (black) MSP I just ordered (EDD 9/2 - 9/22), I didn't like the OEM wheels and so after shopping HRE, Forgeline & Vossen (all monoblock forged), I went w/ Signature Wheel SV104 (as they were about 1/2 the price and I love the look). As others posted, I wasn't able to find an all season tires with the OEM 21'' (perhaps there are some, but I looked at the major players). So, after some research and support from Jamie over at Signature Wheel, I decided to go with 20'' wheels which opens up a bunch more tire options. In the end, after messing w/ tire heights and costs, here's the setup I went with:
  • Front: 20 x 9 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (255/40/20)
  • Rear: 20 x 10.5 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (285/35/2)
I expect the cost will be just over, maybe $1.5k, the upgrade from 19'' to 21'' Tesla charges.

Will post pics once installed.

Lemme know if you have any questions.
Oh but wait, there are some folks here who claim the Signature wheels are ugly, lol...their opinion I guess but... :rolleyes: Great choice, same as mine I ordered from Jamie but went with the SV104 brushed black triple tinted 21" oem sizes to actually fit the oem Michelin tires. I think we'll be quite happy with our choices for our MS Plaids. I love some of the Vossen wheels but yeah, much more costly. Anyhow, excited for you! Your MS Plaid with the new wheels is going to look super HOT! 🔥:cool:

Volcanologist, profile picture (national geographic February 2002) with a sample to work on glassy inclusions
funny, i seriously thought your avatar was an elite from Halo!
1629147821373.png

Hey everyone

took a little break from the forum. I'm 50+ pages behind....not even gonna try. My date hasn't changed (OCt 19-Nov 8)

I'm hoping that in my absence, you all were vigilant in welcoming people to the club.

If i missed any of you, please know, I didn't do it cause i like you. I freaking hate you.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you can never leave this forum. Your welcome emails are some of the best content on here.