Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went through this and thought I'd share.

I live in Chicago and so need to drive through the snow.

Previously, for my Audi S6 and 2 MB E63s, all AWD, I went w/ all season ties (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06). Storage and 2 visits per year to the tire shop just was a no-go for me. I've got another car I take to the track and so leave the aggressive driving there and don't need the absolute highest performance on the street.

For the (black) MSP I just ordered (EDD 9/2 - 9/22), I didn't like the OEM wheels and so after shopping HRE, Forgeline & Vossen (all monoblock forged), I went w/ Signature Wheel SV104 (as they were about 1/2 the price and I love the look). As others posted, I wasn't able to find an all season tires with the OEM 21'' (perhaps there are some, but I looked at the major players). So, after some research and support from Jamie over at Signature Wheel, I decided to go with 20'' wheels which opens up a bunch more tire options. In the end, after messing w/ tire heights and costs, here's the setup I went with:
  • Front: 20 x 9 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (255/40/20)
  • Rear: 20 x 10.5 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (285/35/2)
I expect the cost will be just over, maybe $1.5k, the upgrade from 19'' to 21'' Tesla charges.

Will post pics once installed.

Lemme know if you have any questions.
What finish did you choose?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you can never leave this forum. Your welcome emails are some of the best content on here.
It’s true, have had my car for 6 weeks but here everyday checking on @Tigers @Hayseed @sam3194 and all the people that made the wait good, still trying to like all @2021plaid s posts but jeez I can’t keep up. Really good community (for the most part) with a common interest. Kudos to you all, those still waiting keep the faith, it’s a ducking good car!

Hey everyone

took a little break from the forum. I'm 50+ pages behind....not even gonna try. My date hasn't changed (OCt 19-Nov 8)

I'm hoping that in my absence, you all were vigilant in welcoming people to the club.

If i missed any of you, please know, I didn't do it cause i like you. I freaking hate you.
And we hate you as well. Welcome back to the forum!! :)

Question that hasn't dawned on me now to ask - Are the new S LR/Plaid radar based or Vision based?

Thanks!

It's definitely odd that their new Flagship model doesn't have their latest and greatest technology.

• Love
Question that hasn't dawned on me now to ask - Are the new S LR/Plaid radar based or Vision based?
Well hell, I stand corrected (here: Why aren’t Model S and Model X transitioning now? Model 3 and Model Y are our higher volume vehicles. Transitioning them to Tesla Vision first allows us to analyze a large volume of real-world data in a short amount of time, which ultimately speeds up the roll-out of features based on Tesla Vision.). I guess I should let the 'expert' at Tesla that I spoke with this weekend know this!! lol.

• Funny
Hey everyone

took a little break from the forum. I'm 50+ pages behind....not even gonna try. My date hasn't changed (OCt 19-Nov 8)

I'm hoping that in my absence, you all were vigilant in welcoming people to the club.

If i missed any of you, please know, I didn't do it cause i like you. I freaking hate you.
You hated me because I got a VIN…4 weeks ago and still no car.

Reactions: impastu and Leodoc
So Freemont just called me.
I'm a Plaid + convert. ED is Mid-Late Sept.
They have a car for me if I accept the wood trim. My order is CF.
Im thinking get it and change out the interior down the road when the Service Center has CF trim in stock.

Thoughts?
If it makes you feel a little better, I had the same call six weeks ago. They offered me wood and cream instead of C/F and cream. I said I’d wait because I really wanted the carbon fiber. Then in 3 days I had a VIN and they wanted me to come and pick up my C/F Plaid. Glad I waited because I got what I really wantEd.

Saw my first Plaid in the wild yesterday. I was gawking at it and gave the thumbs up to the side camera for the owner.

Contemplated waiting for the owner to comeback to take me for a spin around the block but The Wife wouldn't have it - shopping
for a new couch was more important -(
So you’re getting a Town Car, too? 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: DWtsn and Marcust99

Attachments

• 20210816_182345.jpg
    20210816_182345.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 58