Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who’s received their car - any of y’all been rained on yet? On a scale from “bad” to “atrocious” how’re the auto wipers on the new S?

I’ve been thinking that the longer hood compared to the 3 might help with the road spray that makes the auto wipers a joke on that car. Any thoughts? Oh, also, could someone confirm for me that if you hit the wiper button the left scroll controls the speed setting for a few seconds after?

@Hayseed_MS @jebinc and trying to think of others who don’t live in deserts, I mean, California. Thanks!
Been raining in DC metro for the last few days. It's temperamental when its drizzling as it sometimes turns on at low speed, sometimes it doesn't. Works fine so far when it's raining hard. Adjusts with the vehicle speed

Here is my quick first impressions:

It's been a long day and my brain is liquified on so many levels. First I will start out by saying, the moment you sit inside a refresh S, its instantly noticeable how much better the build quality is. The car is like a sound studio, you cant hear anything outside. My wide was talking to me loud and I seriously could not hear her with the windows up. Seats are wider, I would say about the same comfort level of the last generation. I honestly like the black interior and wood, its very sophisticated. I still will probably like the white better if I saw it, but for now I'm a fan. The driver display is so clear and immediately the first thing I noticed how clean and colorful it was. The yoke is well, like everyone else said not bad, just annoying now when you have to do weird reverse turns, or like I have to really squeeze in my garage so it will take some getting used to. The new UI is great but still figuring it out and updating maps.

Now for the fun part.. Plaid is mind numbing... I came from a 2018 75D, which I thought was fast as hell when I first got it. I have never driven a P100D or been in one. So maybe others will be less impressed but let me tell you, the acceleration doesnt seem possible! The first drag strip mode launch will forever be engraved in your brain. I watched every Youtube video out there and nothing will ever prepare you for the insanity. If you are on the fence about getting a Plaid, its worth every penny of the extra $40K. It honestly feels like the car is losing traction at every speed. I feel like the tires can't hold on.. I got home and everyone in my neighborhood was outside and swarming around.. Giving rides with 6 people in the car and still was crazy. The screaming and looks on people's faces will never get old. I think I did about 10 launches this evening I'm still dizzy an hour later.. It feels like I am beating up the car, but at the same time I really think it can handle it way better than the older models.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, but everyone's seen pics already.. I'm getting tint Wednesday and gotta get that front plate off first..

Cheers!
Agreed. Plaid is insane. Got mine last week and haven't tried drag strip mode yet as Plaid mode is already so fast. Enjoy the ride.

gosh, I just wanna say it feels so good once Sam stopped posting.
So tired of "I was told that <everyone already knows by simply googling and doing research>" b..sh!t.
I rarely post here anything and mostly lurking, but it just feels so good now so I had to pull a trigger and login to post this:).

p.s. @omarsultan - you are the best! The legend!(as someone said before)!
p.p.s.: If anyone knows of a "mute" button for a person on this forum or something like this please let me know.

gosh, I just wanna say it feels so good once Sam stopped posting.
So tired of "I was told that <everyone already knows by simply googling and doing research>" b..sh!t.
I rarely post here anything and mostly lurking, but it just feels so good now so I had to pull a trigger and login to post this:).

p.s. @omarsultan - you are the best! The legend!(as someone said before)!
p.p.s.: If anyone knows of a "mute" button for a person on this forum or something like this please let me know.
There is an “Ignore” by screen name function…

So a word of caution for folks thinking about swapping out trim at a later date. Pre-refresh, this was trivial. With the Palladium cars, it is a bit more complicated. The door and dash trim is still straightforward. The issue comes from the insert in the 2nd row arm-rest. From what I can decipher from the EPC, the insert is not available separately and the armrest is also not available separately. You have to get the entire left seat assembly which is $2K--it is also "restricted" which is an additional hurdle. Now, perhaps Service has something they can do, but make sure you do your due diligence if you are planning to swap out trim.

Since a couple of folks pinged me offline, I figure more folks are interested--here is the list of trim bits and pricing. For for reason, the front door CF trim is in the EPC at $0, I assume it's $90. All these parts are over-the-counter/no VIN. The rear seat assembly is restricted and you order by interior color+trim.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.02.51 PM.png

Since a couple of folks pinged me offline, I figure more folks are interested--here is the list of trim bits and pricing. For for reason, the front door CF trim is in the EPC at $0, I assume it's $90. All these parts are over-the-counter/no VIN. The rear seat assembly is restricted and you order by interior color+trim.

View attachment 697587
So, for about $1100, and time, you can have whatever trim your car didn’t come with!

So, for about $1100, and time, you can have whatever trim your car didn’t come with!
Yeah, I regretted not getting CF for my P85D back in the day (didn't think it was the extra $900 or whatever it was at the time) so I wrapped the "piano black" in CF vinyl. This time I'm sticking to my guns and will keep the original CF trim order in place, even if that means an extra month delay!

FYI gentleman, although it seems to be quite region dependent, but now I've added partial ppf to my MS Plaid detailing order...still doing the Ceramic Pro (5 year warranty all over) + window tint for all 4 windows & rear window of course + chrome delete on the 2 Tesla & PLAID emblems, but now I've also added ppf to the entire front of the car (hood, front bumper/fascia/lip spoiler), front fenders, mirrors & headlights (and possibly the 2 rear quarter panels) for $3,850.00 for everything (not including the 2 rear quarter panels but I can add those for about another $1,000-$1,500)...3 days total for all the work...what do you guys think?
That’s pretty normal from my experience.

FYI gentleman, although it seems to be quite region dependent, but now I've added partial ppf to my MS Plaid detailing order...still doing the Ceramic Pro (5 year warranty all over) + window tint for all 4 windows & rear window of course + chrome delete on the 2 Tesla & PLAID emblems, but now I've also added ppf to the entire front of the car (hood, front bumper/fascia/lip spoiler), front fenders, mirrors & headlights (and possibly the 2 rear quarter panels) for $3,850.00 for everything (not including the 2 rear quarter panels but I can add those for about another $1,000-$1,500)...3 days total for all the work...what do you guys think?
Where, please?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I just went through this and thought I'd share.

I live in Chicago and so need to drive through the snow.

Previously, for my Audi S6 and 2 MB E63s, all AWD, I went w/ all season ties (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06). Storage and 2 visits per year to the tire shop just was a no-go for me. I've got another car I take to the track and so leave the aggressive driving there and don't need the absolute highest performance on the street.

For the (black) MSP I just ordered (EDD 9/2 - 9/22), I didn't like the OEM wheels and so after shopping HRE, Forgeline & Vossen (all monoblock forged), I went w/ Signature Wheel SV104 (as they were about 1/2 the price and I love the look). As others posted, I wasn't able to find an all season tires with the OEM 21'' (perhaps there are some, but I looked at the major players). So, after some research and support from Jamie over at Signature Wheel, I decided to go with 20'' wheels which opens up a bunch more tire options. In the end, after messing w/ tire heights and costs, here's the setup I went with:
  • Front: 20 x 9 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (255/40/20)
  • Rear: 20 x 10.5 fit w/ Michelin PSAS4 (285/35/2)
I expect the cost will be just over, maybe $1.5k, the upgrade from 19'' to 21'' Tesla charges.

Will post pics once installed.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your support B. 🤝 20" with 255/285 PSAS4 is definitely the best value option in terms of all season setup for the plaid.

Not only the wheel looks great, but it also weight nearly 40% less than the stock 21".

Brook from Dragtime just weighted his SV104 at: (with cardboard)

20x10 = 21.50 lb
20x11 = 22.12 lb

Front / Rear
239028776_176204814478600_4954132291568912199_n.jpg

You can expect your 20x9 / 20x10.5 setup to be even lighter.

Example of the 20x9 SV104 we weighted at the local shop eailer today,

SV104 20x9 Deep Concavity Profile.

238891528_912603565957589_6712227309410386037_n.jpg