Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been waiting all day for your update! What’s with the stall?! I’m still holding at a range of 8/23-29.
4 days scraped off so hopefully I am one day away from a VIN!!!!

Is your delivery date scheduled yet?

06/1 - 06/30

08/25 - 09/08 On 08/07

08/27 - 09/09 On 08/11

08/28 - 09/07 On 08/14

08/29 - 09/09 On 08/16

08/31 - 09/07 On 08/17 (8 day window)

So a word of caution for folks thinking about swapping out trim at a later date. Pre-refresh, this was trivial. With the Palladium cars, it is a bit more complicated. The door and dash trim is still straightforward. The issue comes from the insert in the 2nd row arm-rest. From what I can decipher from the EPC, the insert is not available separately and the armrest is also not available separately. You have to get the entire left seat assembly which is $2K--it is also "restricted" which is an additional hurdle. Now, perhaps Service has something they can do, but make sure you do your due diligence if you are planning to swap out trim.
Easy fix. Just trade interior parts with your Refreshed S sibling.

Any plaid CF white interior guys in the northeast want to meet up to swap trim pieces and a rear seat assembly?

Finally got word from Tesla Cedar Springs here in Dallas. The replacement windshield for my Plaid is scheduled to arrive today. They’ll have it replaced tomorrow. They’ll be delivering the car to my house Friday morning.

I can’t believe my wait is almost over!

I don’t know what’s been worse, the seven months of waiting, not knowing when my car would be here or the week+ of knowing my car is here, but not being allowed to have it.

Since a couple of folks pinged me offline, I figure more folks are interested--here is the list of trim bits and pricing. For for reason, the front door CF trim is in the EPC at $0, I assume it's $90. All these parts are over-the-counter/no VIN. The rear seat assembly is restricted and you order by interior color+trim.

View attachment 697587
I look at this and wonder why CF is only available on the Performance models nowadays. I managed to get the CF on my 2017 S 100D and would like to have an option for it on the refreshed X. I don't know exactly when they removed the CF as an option on the LR vehicles, but I like the asthetics better. Funny part is, it seems cheaper to actually buy the parts and install it afterwards than to pay for it as an option up front.

Yes the 85D got a speed boost a few years after it was released. A little birdy told me the Plaid will also have a boost update. More specifically off the line acceleration to match the raven.
Sorry I’m a bit confused on this since the Plaid already does 0-60mph in 2.1 sec or less (“off the line”) as advertised. How is that slower than previous MS “Raven?”

Does anybody have any knowledge or info about HW4? Do the refreshes have it? is it likely to be a mid year incremental improvement? May it be likely for pure FSD (seems not required to me as I don't think the 3's and Ys have it). Think it will be a required hardware upgrade for future FSD, and will it likely be included when required or an upcharge?
thanks for any thoughts. In light of the recent slamming of the FSD i'd almost like to remove it, but my FOMO and FOTTDL (Fear of Ten Thousand Dollars Lost) is keeping me from doing it!

Additional data point--one day shaved off both ends. RN1147 now estimated 9/3-9/23.
Mine shifted today - was 12/20 - January 9, then 12/19 to January 8, and today Estimated Delivery: December 14 - January 03
i'd love to be one of those guys who wakes up to a "ready for pickup tomorrow" - but I can also wait. sigh.

Sorry I’m a bit confused on this since the Plaid already does 0-60mph in 2.1 sec or less (“off the line”) as advertised. How is that slower than previous MS “Raven?”
I was wondering the same thing when @cytranic posted that

Bart simpson Driving - DesiComments.com