Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SV104 19s have arrived:

Weight -
9.5x19" = 20.4 pounds
10.5x19"= 21 pounds

Flash was on, so they seem lighter than the 21s in color, but they are identical in person.
plaid_19s_next_toOEM.jpg
plaid_19s_next_to_21s.jpg

Regarding PPF

We paint things to protect the underlying surface. Wood homes get paint (or varnish), metal cars to protect it from oxidation.

We apply a clear layer of paint, a clear coat to protect the paint.

We apply a soft layer of plastic to protect a supposedly soft layer of paint.

A layer of salt (ceramic coating) is applied to help protect the plastic.

We will then still apply a layer of wax not to mention wash off the vehicle as well.

At some point, you’d have to wonder what you are trying to protect when the underlying material isn’t steel prone to oxidize but aluminum which can be polished on its own.

Paint is to protect AND look nice, otherwise we'd not pick a preferred color.

The plastic keeps that color looking vibrant and new

The ceramic on the plastic makes it so washing the darned thing is easy, thus keeping it looking clean a lot easier

I'm not sure people apply wax as much once the car has ceramic on it, but if they do it's an additional layer of "easy-to-keep-it-clean".

4 days scraped off so hopefully I am one day away from a VIN!!!!

Is your delivery date scheduled yet?

06/1 - 06/30

08/25 - 09/08 On 08/07

08/27 - 09/09 On 08/11

08/28 - 09/07 On 08/14

08/29 - 09/09 On 08/16

08/31 - 09/07 On 08/17 (8 day window)
Sorry, Tuesday is golf day. Lol. My date still hanging at 8/23-29. Got my Monroney though! 😀

GUUUUUUYYYYSSSS HEEEEERRRRREEE WEEEEEEE GOOOOO DOUG DEMURO JUST UPLOADED HIS PLAID REVIEW!!!!😱😱😱😱😁😁😁😁😁😁🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

Went back and watched it - agree with @Tigers, he misinformed on a few of his points. But overall, an OK review. Speaking of ANC, it seems pretty damn silent in that there is no road noise being picked up from his mic. Either because it is a lapel mic and focused under his chin or the interior is already just that quiet. I have a feeling it is more the former of the two, since you do not even hear the whining from the motors like other videos. Still hopeful the ANC lands in the future.

I watched it at 1.5x and it is a real test to own anxiety level.

Hey folks, just a quick update: I LOVE the car..

BUT I HATE HOW F'ING INEPT TESLA IS AT RUNNING A BUSINESS! I've been waiting on my plates to arrive, but just found out today that Tesla hasn't even submitted the registration because they claim a $700 balance is still owed. (*why the hell was I able to leave in the car w/o paying if that were the case)

They called about it two weeks ago and I told them about the $1k deposit I'm still owed and they said they'd apply it/handle it. Fast forward to today and a new person calls to collect and gives me the tidbit about them not even submitting the registration to IL over a $700 difference. The previous person didn't follow up, nor did they mention the registration holdup. Meanwhile I'm on temp plates that expire in a matter of weeks.

So, ya, I'm livid about how badly run the company is, in spite of great products.

Hey folks, just a quick update: I LOVE the car..

BUT I HATE HOW F'ING INEPT TESLA IS AT RUNNING A BUSINESS! I've been waiting on my plates to arrive, but just found out today that Tesla hasn't even submitted the registration because they claim a $700 balance is still owed. (*why the hell was I able to leave in the car w/o paying if that were the case)

They called about it two weeks ago and I told them about the $1k deposit I'm still owed and they said they'd apply it/handle it. Fast forward to today and a new person calls to collect and gives me the tidbit about them not even submitting the registration to IL over a $700 difference. The previous person didn't follow up, nor did they mention the registration holdup. Meanwhile I'm on temp plates that expire in a matter of weeks.

So, ya, I'm livid about how badly run the company is, in spite of great products.
It is patently obvious that they simply do not care.......
Same here on the deposit. Plaid+ order canceled by a Tesla rep very early June. A +$100 credit showed up on my card without explanation. I've got a call into my local service center and they are "looking into it". I suspect I will have to look into it some more before this is all over.

I impulsively reserved a Model 3 that was ordered for Santa Barbara but is still sitting (according to the SA) at Fremont. Is it possible to get it shipped directly to Florida and avoid the $2,000 delivery charge? Anyone know who’d I’d call?
No, delivery charge is even people who pickup at Fremont. And who is to say they would release it if there is a containment hold (speculation from another thread).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid