Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 8 days
11 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 17 Sep
12 Aug showed - 25 Aug - 14 Sep
13 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 11 Sep
14 Aug showed - 26 Aug - 8 Sep
15 Aug showed - 27 Aug - 8 Sep
16 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 8 Sep
17 Aug showed - 29 Aug - 8 Sep
18 Aug shows - 30 Aug - 8 Sep

I'm noticing a trend with that "8 Sep" date!!! I'm thinking sometime around the 8th of September. However, that could be 8 Sep 2025!!!

WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???

Got it, thanks.

I have some free SC miles on the different accounts so I’ll have to see if they can be additive upon merging (not holding my breath though..)

What number did you call?

Email: [email protected]

I’ve requested it a few times as my Apple Wallet puts in my personal email address by default. I use a a specific email address for accounts and have to ask to change because I wasn’t paying attention.

I’m back despite the fact that one poster claims that I should never have been here.

I never canceled my MSLR order after buying a Mach e. I’m happy with the Mach e but I’m still curious about the MSLR. So I’m going to take delivery of the MSLR and see which one I like best. I think I can sell the one I like least with no loss and maybe even make a profit.

I’m a little concerned with the quality issues with the Tesla but I still want the range of the Tesla and the supercharger network.

I ordered a EQS but my wife claimed it. And delivery of it is still probably 18 months off.

My current EDD is September 18-30.

Alright boys & girls, I did some data analysis on the tracking sheet by creating a temporary tab to sort by config, and the main takeaway here is:

HOLY COW THERE ARE LOTS OF UNIQUE CONFIGS!!

Out of 43 Plaid orders that show up as completed entries in the sheet (not missing trim, wheel sizes, etc.) and excluding AP vs. FSD (since this is just software that doesn't impact config/production), there are 30 UNIQUE CONFIGS OF PLAID ORDERS!!

Get ready because I'm going to list them all - HERE WE GO:

1. 1x Plaid/Black/Black/CF/21"
  2. 1x Plaid/Black/White/CF/19"
  3. 1x Plaid/Blue/Black/CF/19"
  4. 1x Plaid/Blue/Black/Wood/21"
  5. 1x Plaid/Blue/Cream/CF/19"
  6. 1x Plaid/Blue/Cream/Wood/19"
  7. 1x Plaid/Blue/White/CF/19"
  8. 1x Plaid/Blue/White/Wood/19"
  9. 2x Plaid/MSM/Black/CF/19"
  10. 1x Plaid/MSM/Black/CF/21"
  11. 3x Plaid/MSM/Black/Wood/19"
  12. 1x Plaid/MSM/Cream/CF/21"
  13. 2x Plaid/MSM/Cream/Wood/19"
  14. 1x Plaid/MSM/Cream/Wood/21"
  15. 2x Plaid/MSM/White/CF/19"
  16. 1x Plaid/MSM/White/CF/21"
  17. 4x Plaid/Red/Black/CF/19"
  18. 1x Plaid/Red/Black/CF/21"
  19. 2x Plaid/Red/Black/Wood/19"
  20. 1x Plaid/Red/Cream/CF/19"
  21. 1x Plaid/Red/Cream/Wood/19"
  22. 2x Plaid/Red/White/CF/19"
  23. 2x Plaid/Red/White/CF/21"
  24. 1x Plaid/Red/White/Wood/19"
  25. 1x Plaid/White/Black/CF/19"
  26. 1x Plaid/White/Black/CF/21"
  27. 1x Plaid/White/Black/Wood/19"
  28. 1x Plaid/White/Black/Wood/21"
  29. 1x Plaid/White/White/CF/19"
  30. 3x Plaid/White/White/CF/21"

Takeaways:
  • Most of the Plaid configs are unique, meaning there are few TMC members who actually ordered the same config as each other
  • The most common config is Red/Black/CF/19", listed 4 times which include two of mine, so it's really 3 real orders
  • The next two most common configs at 3x each are Plaid/MSM/Black/Wood/19" (again including one of mine, which I may not take), and Plaid/White/White/CF/21"
  • This number of configs is probably the reason why certain people are getting orders earlier than other - it seems to be more a matter of when Tesla is building your specific config, likely in a large batch, rather than prioritizing higher-priced orders

Anyway, I thought that was fairly insightful.
Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
I’m back despite the fact that one poster claims that I should never have been here.

I never canceled my MSLR order after buying a Mach e. I’m happy with the Mach e but I’m still curious about the MSLR. So I’m going to take delivery of the MSLR and see which one I like best. I think I can sell the one I like least with no loss and maybe even make a profit.

I’m a little concerned with the quality issues with the Tesla but I still want the range of the Tesla and the supercharger network.

I ordered a EQS but my wife claimed it. And delivery of it is still probably 18 months off.

Happy to see you back! There is no doubt that you will love your MSLR, and I hope you get it soon! Congratulations!

Thanks! New EDD is... seeming to shift every 5 minutes, lol. Currently Aug 30 - Sep 5. It's far enough out that you COULD get your VIN and take delivery before me, being at the factory.

I guess this means I get to join the special club too, right, @Leodoc ??
Dearest Duke,

As much as the club would like to add another, it appears your order date was before mine. You deserve your Model S. Given this information, we will be respectfully declining you an invite into the club. We wish you the best and hope you enjoy your vehicle. Please feel free to advise us of an other orders that may give you access to the club.

Leo

Dearest Duke,

As much as the club would like to add another, it appears your order date was before mine. You deserve your Model S. Given this information, we will be respectfully declining you an invite into the club. We wish you the best and hope you enjoy your vehicle. Please feel free to advise us of an other orders that may give you access to the club.

Leo
Ha, I knew it! :p

@Leodoc don’t worry, I may be in line to get in your club soon.

Mine (RN115381518) was ordered 07/27/2021 with a delivery date set in August. It switched to saying February a week ago and still says February now. Pretty disappointed if this doesn't change, as the same exact thing happened with my M3P, delivery December 28th ended up being end of March.
First off, that's one HECK of a username! Second, welcome to the thread!😁

Whooooo…pig….souie

May just be a fluke for me but my earliest delivery is set for Sept 03-10 and I ordered about a week ago

I did choose a pretty available config imo

LR Blue/Black 21's
Fluke or no fluke, you get a ticket to the club! You ordered 7 months after me and I still have no vehicle.

I hope your interior smells like eggs until i get mine. I hate you.

congrats.