Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just learned that the Yoke is still not approved in France.
The National Assembly (the equivalent of your Congress) following a question from a deputy has not made any answer

I ordered Model S LR, midnight silver, 19’, black interior on July 19th 2021…. EDD is showing between October 31st and November 20th. Anyone else ordered around the same time? I am curious about your Estimated Delivery Date.
Ordered July 9th. Currently Nov 9-Nov19. Someone ordered my same config but with 21" and is getting it with a few weeks of order. Ugh.

I ordered Model S LR, midnight silver, 19’, black interior on July 19th 2021…. EDD is showing between October 31st and November 20th. Anyone else ordered around the same time? I am curious about your Estimated Delivery Date.
I have did the same config, but back in April. Ordered April 2, 2021 w/the following delivery date changes:
August
Nov 10 - 30
Nov 5 - 25
Oct 29 - Nov 18
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 5 - 25
Nov 7 - 27

Sorry(notsorry) for the slightly OT announcement here, but I just saw that tesLAX, the best iOS app for Tesla stats/data, just released version 2.0 publicly! 🎉🎉🎉

Some VERY cool new features, including A DRAG STRIP TIMER (hence why I'm saying it here). I shared CAN logs with the author and it has good support for the refresh Model S. The 0-60 timer is nearly identical to dragy (tbh probably more accurate), and buying this + an CAN device gives you access to way more information about your car.

Note: You'll need a new diag cable for the refresh S, as none of the current off-the-shelf ones work. You can find more info on it here: Diagnostic Port Index

Last edited:
I’m outside of Boston. Ordered same day with LR Blue/Black/19 and had been tracking exactly with you until today when i got pushed back to 10/23 to 11/12.
Blue / cream, 5/29, near you - have had those same dates all along. Welcome to batch 2 of blue cars this fall!

just saw your update. Ok that’s cool, go get your car in batch 1, no worries, I’ll see myself out!

Last edited:
Thank you and the other folks who posted tips on this. It helps to know people have gotten things resolved by service centers at least.

And right after I posted this, my EDD went from "Sept 13 - Sept 30" to "Nov 15 - Dec 5" (order date: 4/21, LR black/black/19/FSD)

Not going to lie, my mental state regarding this thing has never been worse. Trying to remain excited, but the random shuffling of entire quarters of time for no reason, the egregious build quality issues, makes me wonder if I'm waiting an eternity for something that isn't even that great. And yet, I'm not canceling because I don't want another car. But I'm no longer excited about this whole thing. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Maybe 2021plaid or someone else can give me a pep talk :)
And just like that, after a half day with EDD “Nov 15 - Dec 5”, today it says “Sep 15 - 30”.

Don’t you care about my nerves, Elon?

But seriously, as someone in software for over 20 years, I can’t fathom deploying an algorithm as bad as the thing that displays EDD on this website.

I don't understand what you mean, I am aware people have it worse than I do. My annoyance with the situation doesn't invalidate yours and vise versa. This is about Tesla making false promises, not "you're not allowed to feel anything until your situation is as bad as my situation". I believe the term kids throw around for that these days is 'gatekeeping'.

We should be collectively frustrated at Tesla, not invalidating each other. It is crazy to me that I could be told August when so many people have already been waiting so long. I wouldn't even be posting here if they had just told me February from the beginning.
Apparently, you didn't understand what I meant, sir. I didn't "invalidate" your feelings; in fact, I acknowledged them. However, take your feelings and multiply them x1-2 for every month that goes by where your est delivery date slips another month or two and you still don't have your car. Then, perhaps you can understand the feelings most of us feel here after 6-8+ months after we placed our order. I ordered on 2/5/21 and Tesla told me March, then June, then July, then Aug, and now, finally, I think I will take delivery of my MS Plaid at the end of Sept. I am not saying my frustrations are definitely 6x what your are, but they could be. Some will argue to basically "can it" until at least a few months go by for you; I am not saying that but again, some here on TMC are certainly thinking that in their heads.

I agree though that Tesla does in fact play favorites with YouTubers and other social media influencers to get them their cars before others and I agree that their entire ordering/manufacturing/delivery process plainly is NOT fair to the average consumer; seems like their "batch building" is a bit odd depending on your configuration. It's quite apparent that the date in which you order almost makes no difference at all whether you order 6 months ago or yesterday. It all just depends on your car's build configuration and what parts they have or don't have in stock at the time.

You ordered just a few weeks ago and already you're posting up how cruddy the entire process is while a majority of people here in this TMC thread have those feelings compounded by many months of Tesla lying, "monkeying around," changing things like red brake calipers to black brake calipers after they ordered a vehicle that was supposed to come with red brake calipers (just as an example...I've gotten past that issue), and carbon fiber shortages, and what seems to be white seat shortages or something like that. Anyhow, Tesla seems to over-promise on the ordering, manufacturing, and delivery process (and under-delivering on the car itself pushed back by delay after delay and other issues) while over-delivering on the vehicle itself as most previous Tesla owners/drivers will tell you. This is all very normal for Tesla while an extremely painful and unpleasant experienced for the first-time Tesla customer.

Last edited:
And just like that, after a half day with EDD “Nov 15 - Dec 5”, today it says “Sep 15 - 30”.

Don’t you care about my nerves, Elon?

But seriously, as someone in software for over 20 years, I can’t fathom deploying an algorithm as bad as the thing that displays EDD on this website.
There seemed to be a trend here and in other threads that had their delivery date bounce month plus yesterday. Glad to see it move back to a previous range. It definitely seems buggy as hell - e.g. when you get a VIN, it goes to February. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Some summer intern is laughing in their "what did I work on this summer" presentation.

My EDD slipped by 2 days overnight and went to 8/28-9/3, and I still have a VIN that showd up on the website this past Saturday.

The rest of this post will either be an anatomy of a Texas Tesla purchase, or a forensic record of how it failed.

My VIN is currently in jeopardy as I was texted Tuesday and they stated if I did not get my title for my trade uploaded and the checklist complete within 72 hours of then, my VIN would be given award to another buyer. This Tuesday was also the same day they notified me via text that my VIN was issued.

I wrote an email and explained that once I saw my VIN pop up on the website this Saturday, I immediately electronically paid off our Mustang, which was processed and recognized by Ford Motor Credit on Monday, and they mailed our title the same day, which I should receive in the mail any day this week. I asked that they do not give my VIN to someone else regardless of that 72 hours as I am on track with being able to take delivery as currently scheduled, and shall easily be able to complete the checklist (and get that trade title uploaded) well before they will be able to deliver the car. I think I have performed fairly well on my obligations and communications as a purchasing customer so far.

They responded thanking me for the additional clarity, and that they added the notes to my account. They continued to state that that the vehicle is just beginning to make it’s way from the west coast, and that they would continue to monitor it’s transit and my account to ensure my delivery goes as smooth as possible. While assurance about that 72 hour window not being a problem was not there, the response was somewhat comforting, and it sounds like my car is beyond the factory in transit, which might make them less prone to yank my VIN at this point (I hope).

With my trade valuation good until 9/11, the EDD now at 8/28-9/3, my trade clear-title in the mail to me, my financing in place, I feel I am well placed to receive delivery in a normal world. However, this is Tesla, in Texas, and I am at the mercy of the performance of our USPS mail carriers. Because of this, I am actually in a VERY precarious position to receive delivery as scheduled in this particular world.