Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I think there were a couple of posts the past few days asking for a pic of a Plaid with the 19" Tempest wheel covers popped off. Where
here's one I poached from a forum on Facebook.

IMO the car looks MUCH better with the wheel covers ON. Even with that, despite the extra $4500, I'm glad I finally decided to
upgrade to the Arachnids, which make the car look 10k better. Still blows me away that a 130k+ car comes with "hubcaps".

Attachments

• IMG_6468.JPG
    IMG_6468.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
[note, this system is asking for not only account number and bank routing number, but also your account login credentials--this last part is new to me]

Am ok with account and routing. Standard stuff for ACH transfers. No way I’d be entering my login credentials on a third party site. But that’s just me.

I just learned that the Yoke is still not approved in France.
The National Assembly (the equivalent of your Congress) following a question from a deputy has not made any answer

I’ve had the car for a week and I don’t care for the yoke. I find myself grasping for parts of the “wheel” that aren’t there. Perhaps at 59 I’m too old to learn a new trick.

Man, that sucks. You should break-in and steal your own car. 😉.
I think the store rushed delivering mine after they received it from the factory and they Forgot to install the truck privacy screen, false bottom and the license plate frame. Yes, I would much rather have my car delivered, but when they rush they seem to miss things.
@bananaheim Yes, I was "short" those same parts. So..... I asked the service tech to rob the bastard car that was sitting in the lot for weeks on hold. Yep, that's what he did too! Delivered with 100% of the parts! ha ha ha!

How's the 0-60 on 19s? You enjoying Plaid?
@umair239 100% enjoying it! No regrets (like I had) trading in the M3+ for it! Also, clean delivery. While there are a few minor pickups (like a visible worm in pictures), the only thing "I might" ask the SC to do is replace the rear hatch glass (due to distortion/waviness where glass meets hatch at the bottom).

Yeah…you may very well get your car sooner(with a recent #) rather than later cause that does happen quite often with Tesla. Although, you have CF which may be a problem. My holdup with RN 1145 (ordered on 3/2) is the 19”wheels. I had mid Sept. range after the apology email but it changed 2 days later to mid Oct. 😟 I would feel more encouraged if I see more 19”s being actually delivered…
My build was supposedly put on the “priority production” list months ago and my EDD has been holding steady now for the past weeks at 9/20/21 - 9/30/21. I fee confident they have the cf trim and white seats for my car. I fully expect to take delivery at the end of September for EOQ rush. 👍🏻

So I think there were a couple of posts the past few days asking for a pic of a Plaid with the 19" Tempest wheel covers popped off. Where
here's one I poached from a forum on Facebook.

IMO the car looks MUCH better with the wheel covers ON. Even with that, despite the extra $4500, I'm glad I finally decided to
upgrade to the Arachnids, which make the car look 10k better. Still blows me away that a 130k+ car comes with "hubcaps".
Proves the point that 21" wheels are strictly for people who prefer looks over actual functionality or advantages. IMO the loss of range and susceptibility to potholes damage and cost simply does not justify the arachnids but then again for LR customers the difference in range for the two tires is roughly 30 miles whereas for Plaid customers it is 48 miles which is significant enough not to consider Arachnids, for me. I want the range and I also want the best Tesla has to offer when it comes to acceleration soooo 19s it is, hubcaps or not lol.

Proves the point that 21" wheels are strictly for people who prefer looks over actual functionality or advantages. IMO the loss of range and susceptibility to potholes damage and cost simply does not justify the arachnids but then again for LR customers the difference in range for the two tires is roughly 30 miles whereas for Plaid customers it is 48 miles which is significant enough not to consider Arachnids, for me. I want the range and I also want the best Tesla has to offer when it comes to acceleration soooo 19s it is, hubcaps or not lol.

Aesthetics and range issues aside, has anyone actually seen any legit posted acceleration times between the two tires? I'd bet it's marginal at best...

Either way, I gotta look at the car every day so for *me* looking at it with the 21's on it will be much more satisfying than the 19's.

Aesthetics and range issues aside, has anyone actually seen any legit posted acceleration times between the two tires? I'd bet it's marginal at best...

Either way, I gotta look at the car every day so for *me* looking at it with the 21's on it will be much more satisfying than the 19's.
No one has yet unfortunately, but since they're summers, I would think at the most a tenth slower, but most likely negligible like you've said.