Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds like you are almost there. They told me the other day that agreements are normally not available to view until less than 24 hours before delivery. That was the case for my delivery today, I could only view yesterday afternoon. I am financing part but I left my car showing as cash payment until the last moment (a tip from a SA in the past). They did ask for payment a week ago and had agreements available then. After I switched to loan and had approved terms my account switched to review within 24 hours.
Appreciate the positivity! I'm really curious/worried about the Texas piece. Possible something changed. Fingers crossed.

What exactly did you ask them? Also did they charge you the new MSRP or only had to pay more for the 21s?
I asked them to flag my account for cars whose owners did not take delivery / declined delivery there can be any number of reasons for not getting delivered … most common being financial .. and includes issues with the car upon inspection….
once u accept a vin number on phone call , you can go the lot and do a walk around ( I did ) and u have a choice of declining till you sign on the dotted line …

Once U accept the VIN , they change the car in your account and of course u have to pay for upgrades if the car was ordered with those on … in my case I had fo pay for the paint , And wheel upgrades compared to my original build ….

if you are a day one reservation type of reservation holder and want the car at the earlier price point , you may have to wait until chip prices come down from statospheric level … I don’t think Tesla will sell a car at loss … they adjust prices all the time based on price of parts etc ….

Just got my high speed 500GB SSD in the mail for the Tesla cams. Now to figure out how to format the thing.

It supposedly fails after so many rewrites.

I have this one that I first used: SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 500GB - Up to 1050MB/s - USB 3.2 External Solid State Drive, Blue (MU-PC500H/AM)
Seemed to get pretty hot in the glovebox. So I reverted back to the Tesla supplied one. With 6k miles on it - no issues. May retry the Samsung one.

VIN.
Ordered 11/2020, RN 1142, MSM, Beige, 19" FSD, Northern VA
EDD journey:
  • 8/11: 8/25 - 9/14
  • 8/12: 8/26 - 9/14
  • 8/13: 8/27- 9/8
  • 8/15: 8/29 - 9/9
  • 8/16: 8/30 -9/9
  • 8/17: 8/31 -9/8
  • 8/18: 8/29 - 9/4 (VIN)
  • 8/20: 8/28 - 9/3

I am actually more anxious now, then before the EDDs starting showing up. Thanks to all on this forum for the great info (and support for the last 9 months), especially @omarsultan and others who have been kind enough to share their experiences. I am sure I will have a ton of questions (first time EV buyer) post delivery, but thought I would get started early with one related to parking in my garage. I have a narrow opening to my garage and was hoping to use some technology in the car (FSD) to make this easier. The Summon option seems to be the best candidate, but I want to use this while I am in the car. Has anyone been able to test that to confirm it would work? Any other suggestions on how do accomplish this with my car? As always, any help would be appreciated.

Untitled.jpg

Appreciate the positivity! I'm really curious/worried about the Texas piece. Possible something changed. Fingers crossed.
Your EDD is so close you should be fine. I did have a problem where they kept pushing mine out 1 day each day but that stopped once my car was in transit. Have you called to see where your car is? Calling almost any SC or SA will get you in the phone system. I hit 1 for vehicles and then 2 for pre-delivery issues. The person that eventually picks up can ping your car to get recent gps on it. Once in transit, your dates will be pretty solid.

0.02 seconds off his previous best with 21s? Does anyone really care, though?
Probably not for 0-60mph (which is like the first 75ft from launch), but it may make a more significant difference in the 1/4 mi. Brooks is going to the track today I believe and will post up. We'll see. Weight reduction is pretty much all you can do with this car to get a little better performance, but to most people, it makes zero difference.

It is completely imperceptibly faster, but it is 1% faster than the promise from Tesla, which is impressive on paper.
EXACTLY! And, it also previews what the gains from the Track Pack may be. Maybe a few hundredths off the 0-60, and maybe sub 9.2 in the quarter mile. Brooks said on IG that he directly tried to mimick the Track Pack wheels sizes, and tire sizes.