Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car now!!!!

A few hiccups. They didn’t have my key fobs, the brake light on driver side has a crack, alignment issue and rubber seal issue with frunk.

Even so, my wife and i are thrilled. We drove about 800 feet, and now we are eating dinner. I have a 45 minute drive home, and then I will talk more about my experience tonight.
View attachment 699214
I hope you choke on those mussels… nobody deserves to have that much of a good time!

So… just like Elon told Rivian to focus on their first factory first, it would be fair game to tell him to focus on his car production instead of f|_|cking robots… right?
Nope, because Tesla's mission is not to only build cars, but accelerate the world to sustainable energy. If that includes having robots work alongside other robots to save people from dying in factories, and on a broader scale, killed by rogue robots and AI, then that is what they will do. As a car person, as much as it stinks sometimes to say it, Tesla is almost equally as much a robotics/AI/energy company as they are an EV company.:)

Nope, because Tesla's mission is not to only build cars, but accelerate the world to sustainable energy. If that includes having robots work alongside other robots to save people from dying in factories, and on a broader scale, killed by rogue robots and AI, then that is what they will do. As a car person, as much as it stinks sometimes to say it, Tesla is almost equally as much a robotics/AI/energy company as they are an EV company.:)
1629496036139.png

What do you think that white material is!!! Huh? 😏

Damn! That's my car, except wheels. Love the post modern house behind. What a great photo!
PS. Still waiting.
Thanks! The wait will be worth it. the Red/Cream/Carbon Fiber combo is so good. The SA that delivered the car to my house today said he thought it was the best looking spec he had seen for the Plaid. (I have to agree!) And thanks for the complement on my house. It’s an amazing 1962 mid-century modern, that when built was probably cutting edge in design and technology. Little did they know that 60-years later a literal rocket ship would be parking in front of it.

I have my car now!!!!

A few hiccups. They didn’t have my key fobs, the brake light on driver side has a crack, alignment issue and rubber seal issue with frunk.

Even so, my wife and i are thrilled. We drove about 800 feet, and now we are eating dinner. I have a 45 minute drive home, and then I will talk more about my experience tonight.
View attachment 699214
Congrats, great looking car. join the ‘didn’t have the key fobs on delivery club’ wasnt an issue, took 5 weeks to get them, now they are just sitting in a drawer as not likely to use them, phone and key card work just fine. Enjoy it!

Stopped by the house to drop off the wife’s car. Now we are heading out for some joy rides.

After supper, I noticed Tesla put me in the most mellow drive settings. I turned them to the most aggressive settings, and as we left the shopping center and turned onto the freeway, I puched it. My wife was in mid sentence when she screamed “oooOooooHhhhHhH SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!”

This is going to be a fun car.
5CC8498C-C04E-4A64-B2F6-DE50E5E5BD50.jpeg

Stopped by the house to drop off the wife’s car. Now we are heading out for some joy rides.

After supper, I noticed Tesla put me in the most mellow drive settings. I turned them to the most aggressive settings, and as we left the shopping center and turned onto the freeway, I puched it. My wife was in mid sentence when she screamed “oooOooooHhhhHhH SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!”

This is going to be a fun car.
View attachment 699264
I’m saying this purely because I’m jealous. You have a crack in your driveway.

FWIW while I'm impatiently awaiting, a few things happened, etc. -
1) my electrician filed the permit for running the charger along with other work we're doing. My township is holding things up for the other project, and when I called yesterday they said bluntly, "and no EV charger until the permit is approved" - harumph! Now I really hope the car isn't ready too early! (Ha, Tesla!)
2) I was hoping that if my car was Q4 or Q1 2022 it might have HW4. Nope. Per AI day yesterday, I think HW4 or "FSD Hardware 2" is a year out and coming out with the Cybertruck. So that's that.
3) I THINK the white interior is still holding things up. I liked it more than the cream, but it was close. If I was offered cream last week I'd have jumped, now without a charger I'll wait. Once I have the charger installed, I'd be fine with cream or white; if cream was a few days sooner I'd likely wait for white, if white was delayed more months, I'd have to reconsider.

TLDR; make sure you have a permit if needed to install you charger. 3mph trickle charging sounds horrible.

Pretty sure White is still holding things up. I had a change of config after seeing a few cars in person. As part of the changing the config, some wires got crossed and I got slotted for a White interior for a day or so, which on my change showed a February date. Now its showing a Dec 13-Jan 3 date range with Cream.

Been waiting over a week now for a refreshed trade in offer, anyone have similar experiences lately? One before this took a single day and the initial was in 2 so I’m a little puzzled. EDD still blank
Same here. Except my milage was too high so I had to retake pictures of my current vehicle and email them. That was over a week ago.
Looking on the bright side, it is buying me time before I have to do this again. I will have to do the milage thing at least two more times before I get my new and shiny toy. If there estimated delivery doesn’t get push back again because someone orders a Plaid. Which we know Tesla has done in the past.

We think we have it bad, I can image on how the Model X people feel. Or the few souls who ordered a year ago and still don’t have their cars. My heart goes out to you.❤️

One last thing. Hope your favorite team has a great season. Except when they play my favorite team. 🏈🏀

Trying to be altruistic. I have a MSP/red/black/cf/19/fsd scheduled Edd end of September as well as a red/white MSP for same range. I prefer the white interior and Will take that as long as delivery dates are pretty close. I can try and give my vin away once it’s assigned to anyone here on forums in Orange County California for the red/black/cf that wants it. I arranged through my SA way back in 2016 for a similar scenario
It's crazy you ordered in August, updated colors to a rare color, then get an earlier date. When MSP and MSLR white inteior orders are still out there from January (red/whites as well)