Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y’all - daily update from me.

order 1 (info in signature) is blank
order 2 (placed yesterday, plaid/red/cream/wood/21/fsd) still showing March

I just don't get why Tesla is forcing people to create multiple orders. Why Tesla, why?

Is it so hard to only take orders for cars you KNOW you will make, not the ones Elon thinks you will make? And then fulfill in order accepted?
I was happy to wait for Plaid+, I know that future cars are on Elon time. But Tesla forced my hand, promised and did not deliver (yet). I know they are trying but just simply trying is not good enough. Maybe hire some people from Amazon that know something logistics.
My first Tesla MS was in 2013, waited three months, second 2017, waited four months, M3 five months, MY never happened as I canceled order after being jerked around with VINs given and taken away. Now MS Plaid+ fiasco. Do you see a trend? It's getting worse.
But I will wait, and as @Cysco said, I am getting the best configuration (mine will be even better with 19" wheels :)).
But this may be my last Tesla. It's not a threat, Tesla could not care less. I am sad that a company that I believe in so strongly cannot get their *sugar* together.
Sorry for the rant.

On topic: Delivery window 9/3-9/16 for the last couple of days.

PS. @nom771, I don't know why your were downvoted but I have to admit that I don't read very post (sorry) so maybe it's a mistake.

If Tesla had said "We don't know, but when we do, we will give you a promised delivery window." then I can see your point. But when you order a car in November, and they tell you they aren't going to build it anymore, and then you order a new model, and they tell you that one is gone as well, and then you order the third time, and you wait 8 months while others are picking up cars in weeks, that's not exactly being honest.
On Thursday a Burligame SA told me: "Tesla has not delivered any LR yet"
Never mind all the people who have posted photos, a neighbor of mine (who probably was assigned to Burlingame as well) got a LR delivered over a month ago (and of course, he ordered it a month after me).
The ease with which that lie was told made me so furious!

Last edited:
If it goes to October you will likely have a 2022 model year. That would be worth a few weeks wait to me.
Not from what I understand. Also the car will have a born on date. With Tesla since they update features by download and rarely change the body, won't matter much. I decided to buy an S three years ago but only after a refresh. To me, 2021 vs 2022 does not matter. Also getting this car 10k cheaper form the same car if ordered today makes up for any perceived loss of value of a 2021 vs 22.

Last edited:
If it goes to October you will likely have a 2022 model year. That would be worth a few weeks wait to me.
My EDD just slipped to Dec 8 to Dec 28. It has now slipped twice in last month, starting with October, then November 5 to November 28. I had previously placed order for Plaid+ during Battery Event last year, and decided to switch to LR MS after the Plaid+ was cancelled. This has been the worst experience as a long time Tesla owner (2012 MS85, 2015 MS85D, and 2018 M3). My current configuration for the LR MS is MSM, with Cream interior and FSD.

My EDD just slipped to Dec 8 to Dec 28. It has now slipped twice in last month, starting with October, then November 5 to November 28. I had previously placed order for Plaid+ during Battery Event last year, and decided to switch to LR MS after the Plaid+ was cancelled. This has been the worst experience as a long time Tesla owner (2012 MS85, 2015 MS85D, and 2018 M3). My current configuration for the LR MS is MSM, with Cream interior and FSD.
Welcome to the club! My MSM has slipped three times this month.

Trying to talk to a specific SA is futile. Just get through the automated menu system and select "new car purchase" You'll get a random SA every time but they are friendly and will answer any question they have information on. Once you get a VIN, they can track your vehicle as it transports, and can even schedule your delivery appointment. I didn't have a single conversation with my "assigned" SA the whole time.

My experience at the Dublin, California center (SF Bay Area) is very different. I've gotten initial emails and voicemails from a specific SA each time I placed orders -- both my M3 in 2018 and the MS earlier this month. In fact -- it's been the same SA both times. He responds to my emails under an hour, and is super-competent, and avoids overpromising.

It's to the point where I want to find a way to talk to his boss and give him excellent feedback.

Off topic but on competition.
Watching The 24 hrs and kept seeing ads for the Etron and Etron GT. Drove down to Audi after lunch and they had one of each. Nice cars. Loved the GT seats. Why they needed a second gear for the GT is a bit of a mystery given I think someone has proven it can be done with just one ratio.

For those that love that very busy buttons and nice leather detail and such look, the Audi is going to be a strong contender. Anyone here have/had one?

Devon pa store got in a red plaid with 19s. Saw this sitting on the front seat. Any idea?

Attachments

• 20210822_153248.jpg
    20210822_153248.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 86
I just don't get why Tesla is forcing people to create multiple orders. Why Tesla, why?

Is it so hard to only take orders for cars you KNOW you will make, not the ones Elon thinks you will make? And then fulfill in order accepted?
I was happy to wait for Plaid+, I know that future cars are on Elon time. But Tesla forced my hand, promised and did not deliver (yet). I know they are trying but just simply trying is not good enough. Maybe hire some people from Amazon that know something logistics.
My first Tesla MS was in 2013, waited three months, second 2017, waited four months, M3 five months, MY never happened as I canceled order after being jerked around with VINs given and taken away. Now MS Plaid+ fiasco. Do you see a trend? It's getting worse.
But I will wait, and as @Cysco said, I am getting the best configuration (mine will be even better with 19" wheels :)).
But this may be my last Tesla. It's not a threat, Tesla could not care less. I am sad that a company that I believe in so strongly cannot get their *sugar* together.
Sorry for the rant.

PS. @nom771, I don't know why your were downvoted but I have to admit that I don't read very post (sorry) so maybe it's a mistake.
If using Amazon as a benchmark, Tesla is actually not far off base.
Take a look at what’s called the Amazon Flywheel (easy to Google). It diagrams just how important 3rd party sellers are to Amazon, as well as other selling methods.
Then Google a quick search of something like, why did Amazon turn off my account. And then see how much love there is for Seller Central and Vendor Central. And how easy it is to get answers and information from Amazon.
I know the thought will be that it doesn’t matter because they’re servicing their customer, meaning the end purchaser. But Amazon’s customers are also third party sellers and they are a critical component of Amazon’s existence.
All of this is to say that I believe Tesla’s, and Amazon’s, problems are a resource issue. Specifically a human resource issue.
Yes, Amazon is better at getting an order delivered than Tesla is. But Amazon does not treat their entire customer base better than Tesla does. In my own experience with the both of them, I’ve had more satisfying interactions with Tesla than Amazon. However, I rely on Amazon for a large chunk of my income, so the cards are not stacked equally between the two and my own bias enters the equation.

Watching The 24 hrs and kept seeing ads for the Etron and Etron GT. Drove down to Audi after lunch and they had one of each. Nice cars. Loved the GT seats. Why they needed a second gear for the GT is a bit of a mystery given I think someone has proven it can be done with just one ratio.

For those that love that very busy buttons and nice leather detail and such look, the Audi is going to be a strong contender. Anyone here have/had one?
They are nice cars indeed. The whole 2 speed thing is actually very much a German over-engineering/over complicating thing. They couldn't get close to the 0-60 of the MS Performance without having an aggressive reduction ratio, but that added to the lower rpm motors meant they had to do a 2 speed, which adds complexity, weight (why the Turbo S weighs 5,150 pounds), and could negatively affect reliability as well. Those motors actually only have about 13-15% loss at high speed, it's just that they had to balance between acceleration and top speed for the Autobahn.

TBH, I just don't see VW as the type of company to design an entirely new machine just to make something that revolutionary. They are very much the: "Throw another gear at it" type tbh, and I wouldn't be surprised to literally see a 3 or 4 speed Taycan with 4 motors in the future. They usually like to go with what they know. Especially Porsche and Audi, who's halo vehicles hardly change with generations.

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu

For me, talk to me when range improves to at least 350. At 222 now. If I were not driving much I would be tempted to looking at other EV as I would imagine the fit and finish will be better, but not the drive and the range. Not sure if a lid on range but if other EVs go from low 200's to 300's in 3 years, won't the Teslas also get to 550 or so? The genius of Tesla is it is an energy company that sells cars so they will be ahead for at least a decade in range. Tesla will have battery break throughs but not sure GM, or Audi etc will put that much money in R&D for battery development.

Sorry for the rant.

We have the exact same config with exact same EDD. 🤔both eastern states.

Devon pa store got in a red plaid with 19s. Saw this sitting on the front seat. Any idea?
I’m there right now. Ha ha. Decided to take a pre-pick up test run. Actually I wanted to see if mine had arrived yet. Nope. I saw the red LR w cream (see VIN). There’s also a black plaid w arachnids, cream and wood waiting to be picked up.

Attachments

• 1BF764AE-829F-4AFC-B432-54A8989E65CE.jpeg
    1BF764AE-829F-4AFC-B432-54A8989E65CE.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 57
We had some significant tree branches break off and a small tree fell into our yard from the edge of the woods. Other than a few power flickers and brief internet interruptions, we are fine.

About the worst thing to deal with is I won't be driving the Tesla to work tomorrow. Too much storm debris everywhere and it's going to rain all day.
Bet your boss drives his Volt