Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s crazy. My SA “locked-in” my delivery day on my MVPA and laid out the entire process, how/who to mail a cashiers check to, etc. Are you dealing with a store in the Dallas area or somewhere else in Texas? When I set my requested delivery date yesterday she “locked it in” and said that it absolutely wouldn’t be an issue. I guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
Dallas. I’m financing with Tesla. They matched my BOA terms at 1.94. I’ve been told that with Tesla finance I won’t have agreement papers until 24 hrs prior to delivery appointment and no delivery appointment until it arrives at the SC. All that said this is a new process for Tesla and myself. My last purchase required full payment prior to shipping.

Just ordered the Signature SV104s and Pirelli winter performance tires for my MSM/White/CF that might arrive in mid-winter.
1629669532087.jpeg

Are you going to keep the car past warranty? If not, and you're going to pay that kind of money...I say drive the absolute *sugar* out of it.
I guess the question for folks who have had Model S for 5+ years… Have you had any motor issues requiring fixes/replacements? It’s my first EV and am used to expecting maintenance issues after certain miles depending on the make I own but no idea on the EV side.

My SA offered me a MSM/Black MSLR 21” this afternoon. It was built June 29th.
Do you think that’s too old to consider?
Could MSM/Black be considered a peacock? 🦚
Should I take it if they throw in free oil changes for life?

/undecided
I dunno man, blue on cream is gorgeous. I've seen it personally, and it is my equal favorite to red/cream/CF, and white/white/CF. It's your decision, but I'm not sure if you've seen the blue on cream IRL. Hope this can help. :)

Off topic but on competition.
Watching The 24 hrs and kept seeing ads for the Etron and Etron GT. Drove down to Audi after lunch and they had one of each. Nice cars. Loved the GT seats. Why they needed a second gear for the GT is a bit of a mystery given I think someone has proven it can be done with just one ratio.

For those that love that very busy buttons and nice leather detail and such look, the Audi is going to be a strong contender. Anyone here have/had one?
The Audi E-Tron GT's look great and of course, the Audi interior is phenomenal as usual, BUT lots of typical 'a la carte' options which add up to A LOT of dough for an EV with ~ 200-240 mi. max battery range and much lower performance than the MS Plaid or LR. I spec'd out an Audi RS E-Tron GT...it was like $165k. Having said all of this, Porsche/Audi is working on their 2nd generation EV platform with much better battery technology for longer > 300 mi. range...coming in 2023 I believe so that's something to watch.

Got a new shoe option out there for you ballers!

Nice but much more $$$$ than the Signature forged wheels; not sure if they're worth the extra dough. For that kind of money, you can also order Vossen, Strasse, Forgeline, etc. forged wheels...lots to choose from in that price category.

Saw new MS today with 19s. Can anyone comment re are the 19's Pirelli Zero are all season tire or not? Model labeled as "TO Elect". Tire rack does not show the OEMS for the MS with 19s but they do show P Zero "summer tires" as available alternative. Seems P Zero TO Elect maybe custom model for Tesla. View attachment 700167View attachment 700168
I believe the consensus is no, they are summer specialized tires made for Tesla. But I am no tire expert. Just reading through others discussion.

I guess the question for folks who have had Model S for 5+ years… Have you had any motor issues requiring fixes/replacements? It’s my first EV and am used to expecting maintenance issues after certain miles depending on the make I own but no idea on the EV side.
No. Earlier S's had drive unit problems, not mine. There's a half-shaft shudder issue under hard acceleration, I took mine in for that but they said it was normal for my mileage (72,000 miles, 120,000 km)

Saw new MS today with 19s. Can anyone comment re are the 19's Pirelli Zero are all season tire or not? Model labeled as "TO Elect". Tire rack does not show the OEMS for the MS with 19s but they do show P Zero "summer tires" as available alternative. Seems P Zero TO Elect maybe custom model for Tesla. View attachment 700167View attachment 700168
I believe the consensus is no, they are summer specialized tires made for Tesla. But I am no tire expert. Just reading through others discussion.
Correct, @cwanja. All 19" cars delivered so far appear to have the summers. No 19" LRs have been delivered yet though AFAIK, so maybe that's where those all-seasons in the owner's manual are going, or possibly to other markets such as Canada. The 19" cars I've seen IRL are all Plaids so far.

Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Correct, @cwanja. All 19" cars delivered so far appear to have the summers. No 19" LRs have been delivered yet though AFAIK, so maybe that's where those all-seasons in the owner's manual are going, or possibly to other markets such as Canada. The 19" cars I've seen IRL are all Plaids so far.
I’ll let you know on Thursday, hopefully. As I’ve posted before, my SA assured me my 19” would be AS. We’ll see. I’ll be looking for the “W”!

Attachments

• 366F8C32-B91E-460B-85D6-B2E3207F555F.png
    366F8C32-B91E-460B-85D6-B2E3207F555F.png
    386.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited: