Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just where are the pics of the CF trim on this car? I've not seen it
Here ya go.

interior.jpg

Quick Q:
I finally see a EDD of Dec 08-28. So, if it holds, do I really want to take delivery of a 2021 three days before 2022?? For tax reasons (having to sell shares of highly appreciated stock to pay), and resale value. Ik that the model year really is a moot pt with TSLA cars, but >80-99% or most car buyers still look at that when considering the buy. I did for past few purchases and even when I was considering a used TSLA. Opinions, pls??

Quick Q:
I finally see a EDD of Dec 08-28. So, if it holds, do I really want to take delivery of a 2021 three days before 2022?? For tax reasons (having to sell shares of highly appreciated stock to pay), and resale value. Ik that the model year really is a moot pt with TSLA cars, but >80-99% or most car buyers still look at that when considering the buy. I did for past few purchases and even when I was considering a used TSLA. Opinions, pls??

Its likely to be coded as a 2022, and the VIN will confirm.

As for capital gains, finance.

Delivery sometime between tomorrow and the 9th but still no VIN. Should I just go there tomorrow and hope? lol
Do you have an appointment or tomorrow is the beginning of your delivery range? If the latter, do not go. Wait for an appointment and then stalk the day or two before.

Edit: see you have no VIN. Definitely do not go.

Quick Q:
You might want to talk to your CPA. I bill at $600/hr.

Its likely to be coded as a 2022, and the VIN will confirm.

As for capital gains, finance.

You might want to talk to your CPA. I bill at $600/hr.
Thanks for your input. I guess, @theatrus, that is good news and I'll check VIN to allay any lingering doubts/fears. As for CPAs, @BobbyRitz, I'm married to one, but thanks anyways. Plus, I can always await the EDD and hope for it to get pushed back. Never did i ever think I'd say that!o_O

This morning my original 2/16 order (RN1145) with Red, White interior, CF, no FSD, 21” wheels went from an EDD of 9/21-9/30 to 9/10-9/30.

My 5/21 order RN1150 with Red, White interior, CF, no FSD, 21” wheels went from an EDD of 12/15-1/5 to 9/13-9/30. That is a big jump. I wonder if production planning happened and Tesla is going to build that config, so it jumped. Both orders would be pre-price increases as well.

Now I will have a problem if I get two VINs in one day. :D
This is great update. I hope this means white interior is about to be produced

Thanks for your input. I guess, @theatrus, that is good news and I'll check VIN to allay any lingering doubts/fears. As for CPAs, @BobbyRitz, I'm married to one, but thanks anyways. Plus, I can always await the EDD and hope for it to get pushed back. Never did i ever think I'd say that!o_O
I get it...I try not to talk to my wife either.

I'm planning on putting a foam pad on my garage wall at the driver door edge. This car is so wide, I can't fully open the door without touching the wall. Only a matter of time before I do something stupid.
I bought a peelstick foam strip years ago on Amazon for this purpose, no longer sold. But this should do the job:

If you live in IL, are trading a car, and are planning on 4th qtr delivery you might want to wait until 1/1/22. You'll get a 22 MS and save on taxes.

"Consumers in Illinois looking to trade in vehicles will continue to be double taxed for a few more months, but come Jan. 1, the $10,000 tax cap on such transactions will be removed with a law recently enacted by the governor."
Hmm.. Was not planning to trade in my 528 for that same reason of no benefit this year. Now with EDD of Oct 31-Nov 20, it becomes a tougher decision. Thank you for sharing this info, did not see that in news... Thanks to a lot others too.. I feel like I know my car well already even thought it is 2-3 months away from me.. 🤪 🙉... Aagggh.. Refreshed again for 4th time this am. 😩

Just curious...........you say you know your car looks good when you catch people speeding up to get a look at it? What cars can speed up to take a look at it?
I had a guy in a new M3 pull up alongside me on the highway and give me a thumbs up and had a guy in a model 3 dart around some traffic so he could pull up alongside me at a light to get a look at it.

I had a guy in a new M3 pull up alongside me on the highway and give me a thumbs up and had a guy in a model 3 dart around some traffic so he could pull up alongside me at a light to get a look at it.

Was on the highway with my wife, parents, and one kid in the car - enjoying my conversation and keeping to myself. Wife says "I think he wants to race you" and I look over. My friend noticed me and was alongside in his Lambo wanting to race. He drove alongside me for a while then gave me a thumbs up and took off. I am just not into doing dumb things on public roads - I have nothing to prove and he also did not really care since he just loves the Tesla.

This thing is incredible and seriously the best car I've ever driven. (to the point that the 911 will be going up for sale). I've gotten a taste of what the future of cars is and I like it, a lot. I can't imagine ever purchasing a non-EV at this point.
Only thing to say to @Cysco, "WOW"!