Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can reply to this, I got a 430 plaid, waiting on it to be fixed, and if it isn't I will reject it: the three problems with it: transport damage to the front fender inside the back lower side, damage to the rear bumper where it meets the body on the corner by the wheel, and the rocker not installed correctly. The 434 and 431 cars I rejected had way worse paint issues. Seems like the very first cars have been better, and 431+ is a crapshoot?
I also feel like the very early cars were somehow better. Maybe during the ramp-up they were being more careful? It sounds like most of the damage on the 430 you are talking about happened in transport, anyway.

That being said, having owned 3 Teslas now. I don't believe VIN means anything. Especially on the 3 and Y where they have parallel build lines and VIN assignments aren't even necessarily in numeric order. Tesla original delivery quality is a cr@pshoot. It takes luck to get a good one. But they are still worth it.

So, for anyone (especially with build like mine with white seats & carbon fiber interior trim), you may also be disappointed like I am this morning. After 6+ months of waiting after my order & RN 1144xxx on 2/5/21, my account changed this morning from Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 to 10/6/21 - 10/26/21. So much for EOQ Rush and getting my MS Plaid by the end of Sept. I really thought Tesla was somehow doing a run of white (and red?) MS Plaids/LRs with white seats and cf trim now to get delivered by the end of the 3rd QTR as my Tesla account has been quite steady with end of Sept est delivery for the past 2 weeks...until today. And now with a mid Oct est delivery, I feel they could easily push it back to Nov or Dec or worse! Ugh, this is getting painful to say the least. :(

A few minutes later… this post…
My delivery estimate just jumped from November 20 - December 10 to September 20 - September 30. Fingers crossed they mean this year.

Plaid/white/white/cf/21s

@sflgator - Please don’t jump. Come down from the roof.

So, for anyone (especially with build like mine with white seats & carbon fiber interior trim), you may also be disappointed like I am this morning. After 6+ months of waiting after my order & RN 1144xxx on 2/5/21, my account changed this morning from Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 to 10/6/21 - 10/26/21. So much for EOQ Rush and getting my MS Plaid by the end of Sept. I really thought Tesla was somehow doing a run of white (and red?) MS Plaids/LRs with white seats and cf trim now to get delivered by the end of the 3rd QTR as my Tesla account has been quite steady with end of Sept est delivery for the past 2 weeks...until today. And now with a mid Oct est delivery, I feel they could easily push it back to Nov or Dec or worse! Ugh, this is getting painful to say the least. :(
I consider this hopeful that all the white/CF RNs with Feb EDD may have hope for 4Q delivery after all.

So, for anyone (especially with build like mine with white seats & carbon fiber interior trim), you may also be disappointed like I am this morning. After 6+ months of waiting after my order & RN 1144xxx on 2/5/21, my account changed this morning from Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 to 10/6/21 - 10/26/21. So much for EOQ Rush and getting my MS Plaid by the end of Sept. I really thought Tesla was somehow doing a run of white (and red?) MS Plaids/LRs with white seats and cf trim now to get delivered by the end of the 3rd QTR as my Tesla account has been quite steady with end of Sept est delivery for the past 2 weeks...until today. And now with a mid Oct est delivery, I feel they could easily push it back to Nov or Dec or worse! Ugh, this is getting painful to say th

I consider this hopeful that all the white/CF RNs with Feb EDD may have hope for 4Q delivery after all.
currently its hard to predict anything honestly

The flip side to this argument is that there was a large snap in estimated dates last week. People went from August to November or similar jumps. And then I want to say a day later went back to the previous or slightly adjusted previous range. So it is possible that it moves back to end of quarter tomorrow.

Last edited:
Interesting that you got a VIN despite having an EDD that is longer than a week. I expect that will change soon.
You were right -- just looked at my account and EDD narrowed to 9/4 - 9/7. At almost the same time, I got a note requiring me to travel for work from 9/1 - 9/13 :rolleyes: I think I read about this 40 pages ago, but do I need to contact the main # and get the date pushed somehow? My SA has never responded to my texts...ever.

I’m in Canada, went from Sept 3-22 to Oct 6-26.

I went from August, to Sept and now Oct. Oct is the latest I take delivery of that car. Then winter hits hard here and I’ll push any delivery to April/May. But by then the new luxury tax might be in place and at that point I’ll just cancel the order. No way that I’m paying 14k$ more in taxes on top of the 25k$ taxes I have to pay right now.

I can’t say I’m mad though. The New Lotus Emira looks mighty good and my Tesla3 is still driving great. Sometimes life makes your choices for yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Hmm. There is a lot of speculation in that tweet (when is there not with Tesla). I am not sure that is a "graveyard" lot. Where is this? Fremont? Local service center? What indicates that they "missing parts" beside being in a "service lot"? Cars can sit for a while if they cannot move them - Tesla will not ship a car from Seattle to Texas just to make a sale - so if they cannot move one of those July cars it will just sit there until an SA can match it or someone orders with a matching configuration. How someone would go from order date to VIN in a matter of hours or days.

I realize I sound like I am pandering to Tesla, but without context it is an interesting tweet never there less.

For those of you with September EDD that contacted an SA and found their system actually indicates October EDD, did any of you have an early-to-mid September EDD? Has your EDD been fairly stable on your account page, or was it shifting frequently?

I have had a 05-Sep - 19-Sep EDD for 5 days (had been changing every couple of days) - trying to figure out if there are any patterns to this discrepancy between our account page and Tesla’s internal system that the SAs use.
FWIW - I called Tesla and the SA told me his system is showing 05-Sep - 19-Sep, which is the same as what mine is showing. Not sure if there are different systems that the SAs were using for the folks that showed different EDDs in their system and what Tesla SAs were reporting?