Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it possible to grab one of these and get it transported to the nearest local dealership?
You can, but you'll pay the delivery fee. Non-refundable if you reject the car upon delivery for QC issues. If you click more details and have your zip code entered, it will tell you what the estimated delivery fee is to your location. Usually $1000-$2000. Any for that to happen, there has to be a delivery going your way. With everything originating from Fremont, unless you choose a Bay Area car, you are not likely to get your car from say, Texas to Illinois in a timely manner because they would need 6 more Teslas making the same trip to fill a truck before they would do that. I tried to get an Inventory car from PA to CA and was delayed for over a month even with confirmed delivery dates.

FWIW - I called Tesla and the SA told me his system is showing 05-Sep - 19-Sep, which is the same as what mine is showing. Not sure if there are different systems that the SAs were using for the folks that showed different EDDs in their system and what Tesla SAs were reporting?
I just did the same. She saw the same as I do 9/3-9/16. And won’t know anything until a VIN. And said from trends, lately the dates are fairly accurate.

You can, but you'll pay the delivery fee. Non-refundable if you reject the car upon delivery for QC issues. If you click more details and have your zip code entered, it will tell you what the estimated delivery fee is to your location. Usually $1000-$2000. Any for that to happen, there has to be a delivery going your way. With everything originating from Fremont, unless you choose a Bay Area car, you are not likely to get your car from say, Texas to Illinois in a timely manner because they would need 6 more Teslas making the same trip to fill a truck before they would do that. I tried to get an Inventory car from PA to CA and was delayed for over a month even with confirmed delivery dates.
very true
thanks for this info!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
what the actual ****k!
I just saw 4 Plaids available in Ohio area too. All with black/cream interior though. Why are they busy making configs that are less in demand. White interior is in shortage after all. Frustrating!
I think people place multiple orders and cancel one maybe? This could be the reason Tesla just raised their non refundable deposit from $100 to $250

I struggle to understand how they can have all these inventory cars when there HAS to be folks waiting
on those exact configs for months now, or would get one if called and offered one??
Well they are produced in batches. I'm guessing they don't produce 670 if they have 670 reservations, they probably push to a certain number per config and push the extras to populated areas for sale.

Yeah. My MF438 is apparently in Richmond... for reasons I don't understand, but not set to get here until 9/6, at least according to the service guy who return my wife's S to her today.

(Interestingly I can't get into my account to figure out what the EDD says there)
Mine seems to be on a truck someplace in the Southeast, expected on the 25th or 26th at the Svc Center, delivery stone thereafter. I looked at four Plaids from a 431 that had obvious panel gaps but no paint problem to three 434's all of which were impeccable on the outside. I did not see the inside on any of them.
A service guy watching me look told me that no problems there were 'serious', whatever that means, but that some issues had to be corrected regardless of build date. That is just a service guy, one I recognized but do not know.

So, for anyone (especially with build like mine with white seats & carbon fiber interior trim), you may also be disappointed like I am this morning. After 6+ months of waiting after my order & RN 1144xxx on 2/5/21, my account changed this morning from Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 to 10/6/21 - 10/26/21. So much for EOQ Rush and getting my MS Plaid by the end of Sept. I really thought Tesla was somehow doing a run of white (and red?) MS Plaids/LRs with white seats and cf trim now to get delivered by the end of the 3rd QTR as my Tesla account has been quite steady with end of Sept est delivery for the past 2 weeks...until today. And now with a mid Oct est delivery, I feel they could easily push it back to Nov or Dec or worse! Ugh, this is getting painful to say the least. :(
which strikes me as odd considering that this car:
is for sale on the Tesla website and it is in Miami.

edit: nvm, just noticed it had black seats. still strikes me as odd Tesla has so many refresh LRs and Plaids available.