Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove over some bridges today to drop my LR off for detailing. The bridge joints sounded like they were right inside the cabin, leading me to believe the car does very little to reduce road noise coming from the ground. I was on the phone with my wife and without knowing where I was she commented on hearing what sounded like bridge joints coming through the phone.

The detailing place had 3 other Tesla's on his lot. He wrapped a Plaid last week and the owner took him for a launch. We both agreed ICE cars are done.

Drove over some bridges today to drop my LR off for detailing. The bridge joints sounded like they were right inside the cabin, leading me to believe the car does very little to reduce road noise coming from the ground. I was on the phone with my wife and without knowing where I was she commented on hearing what sounded like bridge joints coming through the phone.

The detailing place had 3 other Tesla's on his lot. He wrapped a Plaid last week and the owner took him for a launch. We both agreed ICE cars are done.
Road noise has been Tesla's kryptonite for some time and I was hoping refresh would not have this problem but I guess I'm wrong. Not surprised though. Another user also stated more tire noise makes it through the cabin in his Plaid than older Teslas which is insane to me. But yeah, ICE is definitely screwed

Road noise has been Tesla's kryptonite for some time and I was hoping it would be better in refresh but apparently not. Another user also mentioned more tire noise making it in the cabin than before which is not cool at all. But yeah, ice is definitely done

Road noise has been Tesla's kryptonite for some time and I was hoping refresh would not have this problem but I guess I'm wrong. Not surprised though. Another user also stated more tire noise makes it through the cabin in his Plaid than older Teslas which is insane to me. But yeah, ICE is definitely screwed
You can say that again.

which strikes me as odd considering that this car:
is for sale on the Tesla website and it is in Miami.

edit: nvm, just noticed it had black seats. still strikes me as odd Tesla has so many refresh LRs and Plaids available.
I saw that car, or a clone, sitting at Coral Gables store this morning.

Yep 4383XX. Nicely built, no big issues, just noticed some fine scratches along the base of the gear selector bar (under the front phone chargers), debating whether it’s worth the time and effort to get it replaced. Software freezes up a fair amount, I expect that’ll improve on future builds (still on 2021.12.4.9)
Check to see if there is a peel away plastic on that that hasn’t been removed.

I saw one white LR at Coral Gables.
I saw that car, or a clone, sitting at Coral Gables store this morning.
and the price without FSD, wtf. I think I'm all in with tax and transport at 97k. granted I have 19s coming and FSD, but how about a call, "Hey Pdubs? we have a .....want it for the price you ordered it for +the wheel upgrade?"

Oh no, but thank you....I'd rather you sell it for more than I ordered it for. I'll continue to wait.

Yep 4383XX. Nicely built, no big issues, just noticed some fine scratches along the base of the gear selector bar (under the front phone chargers), debating whether it’s worth the time and effort to get it replaced. Software freezes up a fair amount, I expect that’ll improve on future builds (still on 2021.12.4.9)
They’re coming to fix my gear selector on Thursday. It’s all chipped/scratched looking.

Good side insulation, not so good floor/road noise isolation. I put my all weather mats over existing carpeted mats to help with that.... until ANC arrives.....

Last edited: