Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go @2021plaid - here's a Tesla fanboy review of it. Love how he thinks Tesla is selling him a vehicle actually capable of FSD and that "meh, 100 miles more of range? Who needs that?"

Yeah I honestly can't stand that dude. Talks too fast.
"Hey guys, try to decipher what I'm saying: rdjsjhs shshshshsjshshsbebbdbdhdbdndjshsbsbsbssnbs...."

You say that but airplanes are the only hobby to date where I have broken even :0
View attachment 701158

I joined the military to fly airplanes and got kicked out because of my eyes. I then proceed to race cars where I maxed at having a one season paid for in F2000.
You, you race Champcars and fly L39?
**** my life... 😭

Seriously sir, awesome stuff! 👍

My delivery estimate just jumped from November 20 - December 10 to September 20 - September 30. Fingers crossed they mean this year.

Plaid/white/white/cf/21s.

March 8 order date. RN1146.
My local Tesla gallery just called to offer me a Plaid/white/black/cf/21 Model S right now. I figured since my EDD just got updated to September 20-September 30, it wasn't worth it. So I asked him to check on his end what my delivery date shows. He says, "Well... I'm seeing it differently on my end. On my end I see mid-december to January."

How can whatever that system is be so different than what I'm seeing in my account? Is there reason to believe that one is more reliable than the other?

What in the hell is he holding. Looks like that thing is trying to communicate with another life form.

I will say, he is right though. The demand for lucid is extremely weak. Already told you all they called me literally every two days trying to get me to pre-order. It took them a very very long time and lots of advertising to get the initial preorders booked. They ****ed.

@Crazy Cabbie he is lying to you.

or even better (for some) who didnt sell their TSLA, put the cash they could have paid for their refresh in more stock, then used high credit rating to get loan for the refresh under 2%..
Why pay 2% when you don't have to? I'm in that group that has essentially gotten their SP100D free from TSLA investment. Since the split, I have so much that I've been selling just enough each year so that I don't have to pay exorbitant taxes. It's going to take many years to sell it all off but the end result is a new Tesla whenever I want. I lust for the Plaid, but I lust even more for the Plaid with 4680's. To that end, I can live with my current model for another year to see what happens. Especially since my current S has unlimited supercharging and FSD. The new one will never get unlimited SC. Still pondering the FSD.

I will say, he is right though. The demand for lucid is extremely weak. Already told you all they called me literally every two days trying to get me to pre-order. It took them a very very long time and lots of advertising to get the initial preorders booked. They ****ed.
Speaking of Lucid...https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-lucid-air-dream-edition-r-exclusive-first-drive-review/?wc_mid=4035:21857&wc_rid=4035:1844230&_wcsid=A9FA92D4DB26996E126522EAB2C8C7A9B9A6ED9C1D8838EB

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wish there was a way to turn off that loot box icon in the app. I don't think Tesla put any thought into how offensive and predatory the term "loot box" is for gamers. It does not have a positive connotation. Pretty tone deaf of them to call it a loot box.
i think Im old cuz I always thought "loot" was a slang for "money".

Why pay 2% when you don't have to? I'm in that group that has essentially gotten their SP100D free from TSLA investment. Since the split, I have so much that I've been selling just enough each year so that I don't have to pay exorbitant taxes. It's going to take many years to sell it all off but the end result is a new Tesla whenever I want. I lust for the Plaid, but I lust even more for the Plaid with 4680's. To that end, I can live with my current model for another year to see what happens. Especially since my current S has unlimited supercharging and FSD. The new one will never get unlimited SC. Still pondering the FSD.
Less than 2% are some rates right now.

But to answer your point, to not tie up your cash in a depreciating asset but rather, have that cash net you (on average) higher than 2% via diversified investments over 60+ months...

This country was built on leveraging other peoples money..

Less than 2% are some rates right now.

But to answer your point, to not tie up your cash in a depreciating asset but rather, have that cash net you (on average) higher than 2% via diversified investments over 60+ months...

This country was built on leveraging other peoples money..

Who the hell would pay cash for this car right now?

No I don't think it has ever meant specifically money. It's slang for all things of value you acquire through finding or taking, such as found treasure or spoils of war.
Perhaps in true definition of the word, correct. But I was referring to slang.

"What's loot mean in slang?
Slang. money: You'll have a fine time spending all that loot."

And loot has long been a generic slang for Money (at least in the US). And since Elon loves slang and gaming and farts and other non-formal things, not suprising he would use slang or encourage use of slang as it relates to Tesla products

But I also get that different people are offended by different things. I saw an article where some people are offended by the name "Washington Football Team". There will always be someone "offended" by..something. Im getting old so I tend to ignore most things and I think the being offended part goes over my head sometimes. (I have to sometimes be reminded that Im supposed to be offended at things).

Then again, Im the kind of guy that goes to Comedy Clubs to pay to hear "offensive things". Im also the kind of guy that pays MORE attention when the newcast says "what you are about to see may be disturbing or offensive". 🤣

i think Im old cuz I always thought "loot" was a slang for "money".

No I don't think it has ever meant specifically money. It's slang for all things of value you acquire through finding or taking, such as found treasure or spoils of war.

I guess this is an off topic thread but can we move on past the stupid loot box?

Tried to be chill on this all morning but come on you all are skating a fine line with politics and *sugar*. If you're that offended write Elon a letter.