Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes sir, that was me. Kevin and his partners at The Driveway did me up right. Installed my 20” 9.5/10.5 SV104’s, Brushed Titanium, 265/40- 295/35 Michelin PS 4S. It might be a mental thing but the lighter forged wheels did seem more nimble and responsive than the Aracnids on the way home. So the “looks” are not the only thing I like. For everyone who is Jonse-ing to know, the Arachnids and tires do fit in the back of the MS. See picture and also pic of new Signature wheels.
Link to purchase those "bags" or "tire covers"? I like those.

I didn't post an article; you did. Do you people really not understand how computer chips work?
i don't think anyone here needs a lesson from someone who doesn't even know the difference between design and manufacturing. and a person who calls the people who know the difference a fanboi. geez i guess i'm one of those fanbois that have a better understanding than you.

i don't think anyone here needs a lesson from someone who doesn't even know the difference between design and manufacturing. and a person who calls the people who know the difference a fanboi. geez i guess i'm one of those fanbois that have a better understanding than you.
This might help the dialogue. 😀

And for what it's worth, there is currently a Senate investigation underway over whether or not Tesla's selling FSD constitutes fraud...so there's that. Hey, I get it...you like Tesla...hell, I like Tesla. But let's be clear, we're talking about a company who told me I would be getting a car in 4-10 weeks until I submitted a deposit and then it immediately changed to 10-14 weeks and I've now been waiting 23 weeks, 5 of which I've had a VIN, and still have really no idea if or when I will see a car and what the quality of that car will be. Pardon me if I'm skeptical about their grandiose technology claims.
I don't' think you like Tesla at all and you are just here to troll. Maybe take the time to learn some concepts like most here that are fans. You regurgitation of FUD that MSM and the two bribed Senate members are bringing against Tesla is BS. You don't want to wait for your car, go buy something else. We are in a pandemic the last I checked.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’ll check into it. If I need to, I’ll cancel my order or dispute the charge with AMEX.
RE: Taptes.com mud flaps -- they will NOT fit. I canceled my order after receiving an email back from them with the following:

"Actually, we have two version of this mud flaps. The black one is for 2012-2015 Model S, while the Carbon Fiber Pattern one is for the 2016-2021 Model S.Therefore, the one order is for 2021 Model S."

So, um, NO, that's incorrect information! The 2021 MS Plaid/LR are DIFFERENT than 2016 - 2020. Geez! Okay, remind me again...do NOT buy anything directly from a company in Hong Kong or China or any place like that! I should've known better. Buying things from China on Amazon.com is fine because returns are always no problem! So, do NOT buy these mud flaps!!!!!

Good eye! All side windows are the same but the rear window looks darker thanks to the sun shade i have attached on it on the inside, for my 11 month old.
Ha! That explains it. Thought I was going crazy!

Another question, how are you liking the 20% on the back? Have you driven it at night? Just wondering if there’s any issues with visibility. Also, did you consider doing the roof?

Sorry for all the questions. My car goes in for PPF/ceramic/tint next Tuesday and need to decide what % I’m going with.

Ha! That explains it. Thought I was going crazy!

Another question, how are you liking the 20% on the back? Have you driven it at night? Just wondering if there’s any issues with visibility. Also, did you consider doing the roof?

Sorry for all the questions. My car goes in for PPF/ceramic/tint next Tuesday and need to decide what % I’m going with.
There are some others here who could help provide their comments. Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

As others have mentioned, the full press works well, but will take getting used to the one to three blink process.

Re: Turn signals. I actually broke down and RTFM last night. Practiced in my garage where I could see what was happening while sitting in the drivers seat. It's better and worse than I thought.

Better: I was under the impression that there were two modes. A quick one that will turn off automatically, and the long one that will only turn off after you make a turn and return the yoke to the center position. That's not the case. Nor is it the case that "it should be three blinks instead of 1." As it turns out, there are simply two ways to invoke the turn signal. A "light" press which will continue to signal until you release the pressure (this gives a single haptic feedback vibration) and a "harder" press which will immediately go into the "long" mode (which gives a double vibration). This means that you really can (with a deft, light touch) signal a few times to change lanes without needing to turn it off again. I really think I *can* get the hang of this to the point where it will be quick and easy to get it right. Especially after practicing a bit more where I can see the results.

Worse: The haptic feedback occurs well before the signal actually flashes! This means that a quick light touch, which rewards you with some feedback is *NOT* enough to signal your intentions. You *must* keep that touch for as long as it takes for the signal to activate. This is approximately a full second. Practice where you can see it, and you'll get the hang of it, but I really wish that activation at least guaranteed a single flash of the turn signal! In the end, I hope this is more of a feature than a bug in that quick accidental swipes while adjusting the volume wont make you look like an idiot to the cars behind you, and typically you want to hold lightly for 3 or so flashes anyway to indicate your intentions. This will take some time to get used to.

question (because its unclear to me): Is the global chip shortage impacting Tesla production/delivery? because I've heard/read conflicting info.
I have heard (from Tesla employees) "yes, thats the delay factor" but I've also read this

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Re: Turn signals. I actually broke down and RTFM last night. Practiced in my garage where I could see what was happening while sitting in the drivers seat. It's better and worse than I thought.

Better: I was under the impression that there were two modes. A quick one that will turn off automatically, and the long one that will only turn off after you make a turn and return the yoke to the center position. That's not the case. Nor is it the case that "it should be three blinks instead of 1." As it turns out, there are simply two ways to invoke the turn signal. A "light" press which will continue to signal until you release the pressure (this gives a single haptic feedback vibration) and a "harder" press which will immediately go into the "long" mode (which gives a double vibration). This means that you really can (with a deft, light touch) signal a few times to change lanes without needing to turn it off again. I really think I *can* get the hang of this to the point where it will be quick and easy to get it right. Especially after practicing a bit more where I can see the results.

Worse: The haptic feedback occurs well before the signal actually flashes! This means that a quick light touch, which rewards you with some feedback is *NOT* enough to signal your intentions. You *must* keep that touch for as long as it takes for the signal to activate. This is approximately a full second. Practice where you can see it, and you'll get the hang of it, but I really wish that activation at least guaranteed a single flash of the turn signal! In the end, I hope this is more of a feature than a bug in that quick accidental swipes while adjusting the volume wont make you look like an idiot to the cars behind you, and typically you want to hold lightly for 3 or so flashes anyway to indicate your intentions. This will take some time to get used to.
I find the feedback useless while driving.
I have learned to just slide my thumb over the arrow throughout a maneuver to signal intentions when I do not want the blinker to "latch". This works most of the time.
I lift and hard press when I want latching functionality.

Regretfully, I'm still signaling the wrong direction about 20% of the time (old dog syndrome). Taking time to look at the wheel when I need to signal is, in my case, dangerous.