Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by Mt Kisco shop yesterday and they had a blue LR and MSM Plaid on the lot. The front end is 🔥🔥. Reminds me of an Aston Martin. The blue looks rich and fabulous in the sun...made me second guess my MSM choice.
@impastu Yes, it does look great in the sun! The MSM looks good in all lighting, including gloomy Seattle skies (Oct-June). The blue, I've noticed on M3s looks totally different in that lighting. YMMV.

thanks, only ones i've seen in the wild were at the service center being delivered to some lucky folks, and my buddy's but there was a lot going on and he pulled it out of his garage - though i was in it, i didn't stand in front from a far but i'll try to spot the front differences. I know everyone talks about the flared rear wheel housings and the factory ppf by them, but it wasn't obvious to me. I can't even differentiate the tail lights!!!!
Yesterday I saw new S,Y,3 in adjacent spots. From the front they are nearly the same, but as @2021plaid stated, they are not identical. From the side it is easier, for me anyway, since the refresh have a distinctly wider stance. I am certain that 'civilians' will not ever know, nor maybe even see the difference between 3SY.
From my perspective that is quite fine, but there are those who want to be very obvious. For those I recommend aftermarket enhancements. For me, anything that draws attention is a negative because I value my Florida 'safe driver' credential.

For decades I had a couple of speeding citations every year. I even had those in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the UK. Every one was well-deserved. Now I am very, very discreet. Thus, some track time si the only way my Plaid will test its' limits. Meantime, ventilated seats, torque vectoring, cool motors and excellent range will be the advantages for me.

So why no more citations? Apart from more caution, changing from 911, Ferrari, BMW X1 and other highly visible marks of potential imprudence has had excellent benefits.

Viva Plaid invisibility!:cool:

Given that why, oh why do I persist in buying Red, and only Red, cars?:oops:

Yes, but this car has been in development for 4 years already. And they won't be modifying a line most likely; they'll likely start from scratch, which will save time because don't have to modify existing parts.
One of the issues is achieving the 600 mile range mentioned in 2017. The Roadster was supposed to come with a 200kw battery. We know they’re not going that route, so they are probably counting on the 4680 technology.
Here you go... Also side by side with the 21"

The 19s without caps actually look pretty good on the white.

Had delivery date of last Sunday. Got a call on Saturday that they found an issue during prep that needed looked at.
Reset to delivery on Wednesday. Yesterday (Tuesday) got a call that they needed a part and reset to Saturday. I told them Saturday doesn't work for me and they need it before that. We'll see. At least they found it before I took it home and found it. Getting impatient.
Now part won't be in until next week. So delivery planned for next Friday. Infuriating to say the least.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Here's how I avoid speeding tickets (now that ive said that, I'll probably get one asap)...

"Yes Officer, I know the speed limit. But i think I'm at liberty on how fast I could get to it"
I've read that people have been getting "acceleration tickets," or "reckless driving" tickets in other words....

Just picked up my second Plaid. Same car except different wheels, 19" instead of the 21" wheels. I think it is correct, the tires are probably all season because they make more road noise. Noticeable. There are zero issues except they are now being delivered without any of the items in the trunk, the shelf and the two covers.

There is also more tire residue on the rear bumper. I didn't drive it as hard and it has more residue. 🤣 It does come with 255/45 (104Y ) in the front and 285/40 (107Y) in the rear. R19 Pirelli PZERO Elect. Wasn't laughing the whole way home this time. Maybe I'm already used to it. :rolleyes:

Here are my twins...
View attachment 701691View attachment 701688
The choice of Pirelli Elect was probably inevitable for Tesla because Pirelli has fro a long time been adept at special-purpose application-specific design plus a little known advantage that they are often less expensive for OEM than ar most other alternatives. Those are not always true, but often.

With Elect my friend with Tire Business mag tells me they went all out, intending to capture Tesla Performance versions, Porsche plus the odd Rimac etc. Usually she knows what is happening, not perfect, but better than anybody else.

Somebody else was told 'summer tires but all season use' so I asked her about that bizarre statement. She claims that Elect summer tires still have resilient compounds so have much less low temperature sensitivity than do 'normal' summer tires.

As I said, I cannot say that is 100% true, but it seemed consistent with all information thus far.
It's curious that the 21" seem not to be Elect. Is that true?

The choice of Pirelli Elect was probably inevitable for Tesla because Pirelli has fro a long time been adept at special-purpose application-specific design plus a little known advantage that they are often less expensive for OEM than ar most other alternatives. Those are not always true, but often.

With Elect my friend with Tire Business mag tells me they went all out, intending to capture Tesla Performance versions, Porsche plus the odd Rimac etc. Usually she knows what is happening, not perfect, but better than anybody else.

Somebody else was told 'summer tires but all season use' so I asked her about that bizarre statement. She claims that Elect summer tires still have resilient compounds so have much less low temperature sensitivity than do 'normal' summer tires.

As I said, I cannot say that is 100% true, but it seemed consistent with all information thus far.
It's curious that the 21" seem not to be Elect. Is that true?
21" come with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I prefer them over the Pirelli's. So far they seem more quiet and the ride is the same. With the quietness, almost seem like they ride better than the Pirelli's.

So we bought a car with Active Noise Cancellation. It was a feature they sold the car on, so it is part of the price I paid. Now they are offering Road Noise REDUCTION. Can't help but to feel cheated here.
As a general rule ANC and Road Noise Reduction terms might be equivalent. The latter is achieved in Model S by the former technology. Why they don't call it ANC is a mystery? The description of the technology using microphones and speakers makes the ANC term accurate, whether they call it that or not.

One of the issues is achieving the 600 mile range mentioned in 2017. The Roadster was supposed to come with a 200kw battery. We know they’re not going that route, so they are probably counting on the 4680 technology.

The 19s without caps actually look pretty good on the white.
Tbh, I don't think achieving that range is going to be an issue. The 4680s are so flexible, that I bet they could do 800 miles if they really wanted. But it's about finding the balance. My honest belief for the time the Roadster's taken, is just that it's been put on the backburner while all their other models get priority.

Last edited:
As a general rule ANC and Road Noise Reduction terms might be equivalent. The latter is achieved in Model S by the former technology. Why they don't call it ANC is a mystery? The description of the technology using microphones and speakers makes the ANC term accurate, whether they call it that or not.

Maybe they initially meant it to cancel out *sugar* like kids screaming in the back or something like that as well, figured after working on it for the past 6 months that it didnt do that and to make it more clear to customers what it actually does (cancel out some tire/road noise) they just renamed it to make it less confusing and more specific?