Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Viva Plaid invisibility!:cool:

Given that why, oh why do I persist in buying Red, and only Red, cars?:oops:
I had that problem as well. Last four cars before the S were red, all of them being Lexus'. Looked at a red S and there was no comparison between the Lexus paint and Tesla. Lexus' finish made Tesla look bland. Just had to go blue.

So it seems, yes.
That blows. I purposely got the 19's being told all season. Plan was to get 21's after, run the 19 all seasons down and change the 19's to winter at that time. Then switch them out for each season (winter vs summer) in New England. Not to mention I would have paid the 4500 at the time vs the 6k to now buy them after. Grrrrrrr.....My SA may get a knuckle sandwich. lol.

That blows. I purposely got the 19's being told all season. Plan was to get 21's after, run the 19 all seasons down and change the 19's to winter at that time. Then switch them out for each season (winter vs summer) in New England. Not to mention I would have paid the 4500 at the time vs the 6k to now buy them after. Grrrrrrr.....My SA may get a knuckle sandwich. lol.
I did the opposite. I upgraded to the 21's not knowing they were summer tires.

Anyone have any insight on MF431 (I matched with a preexisting inventory car on Tuesday during that whole available plaid inventory list with the MF431 vin) but all newer plaids vins are going around MF439+'s

MF431 seems like it's a bit older in VIN - wondering why its been sitting so long (hopefully no issues)
Mine is a 431 and other than some minor issues it has been great. Omar's is also a 431 and he seems very happy with his as well.

Vinyl, vegan leather, leatherette..... kinda all the same.🙂 What I meant was anything masquerading as something it was not. They are open about the leatherette.
Whatever they’re using for the seats in the refresh is nicer and softer than the real leather in my early P100D. It would be almost impossible to tell it’s not real leather. It even smells like leather ha

Whatever they’re using for the seats in the refresh is nicer and softer than the real leather in my early P100D. It would be almost impossible to tell it’s not real leather. It even smells like leather ha
Exactly. Tesla has by far the best leatherette I've ever felt. If you really really feel for it, you can maybe slightly feel it's based on plastic, but nothing like any other seats. Most people would not notice. It's awesome IMO!😁

I had that problem as well. Last four cars before the S were red, all of them being Lexus'. Looked at a red S and there was no comparison between the Lexus paint and Tesla. Lexus' finish made Tesla look bland. Just had to go blue.
I've never owned a Mazda but I have to say, they have some of the nicest reds and blues I've seen in all of autodom. Especially when the sun hits it.

I don’t know if you’ve ever seen Tesla ‘Signature Red’… my favorite color of any car.
I saw one when I was driving home from the SC a couple days ago and WOW. It’s sooo nice. Wish that color was an option.

Tesla's seats in all new cars are absolutely hand-down amazing! We test drove a Model Y for the fun of it a couple of weeks ago and instantly both me and my girl noticed a difference as soon as we sat down. They padded it correctly. So great.

Does anyone know, does Tesla ever adjust the car prices downwards?
There was a post so many pages back, that suggested the new LR's going forward could be more expensive by $10k or more - thus our cars sort of instantly jump in value as a resale.
If the hikes are true, and the cars hold their value, that statement would be true - but if they have occasional price drops, then all bets could be off.
Thoughts?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah the official term is I believe "Exhibition of Speed". Basically applies to burnouts, and accelerations even to a legal speed. This more applies to people leaving car shows or stoplights.
Still incorrectly named. Speed is a constant. Acceleration is a rate of change. I don't believe any police department has an accelerometer that can measure my rate of change. It's a judgement call, based solely on what they have decided is excessive.

Why is this even a thing? If there is one car at a red light, and as I approach at full speed it turns green, am I in violation of "Exhibition of speed" as I fly by the stationary vehicle? I've never been ticketed for this, but I would be curious how the violation would be proven if I chose to debate it in traffic court. I wonder if they have a "rate of change" threshold they can prove I exceeded.

Does anyone know, does Tesla ever adjust the car prices downwards?
There was a post so many pages back, that suggested the new LR's going forward could be more expensive by $10k or more - thus our cars sort of instantly jump in value as a resale.
If the hikes are true, and the cars hold their value, that statement would be true - but if they have occasional price drops, then all bets could be off.
Thoughts?
Yes they have dropped the prices many times before. The old model S long range was down to $69,420 before the refresh. I expect the LR to go up another 10k to 100k, stay there until production gets caught up, and then slowly go down to 80k over the next several years. Just a guess though based on nothing.

Still incorrectly named. Speed is a constant. Acceleration is a rate of change. I don't believe any police department has an accelerometer that can measure my rate of change. It's a judgement call, based solely on what they have decided is excessive.

Why is this even a thing? If there is one car at a red light, and as I approach at full speed it turns green, am I in violation of "Exhibition of speed" as I fly by the stationary vehicle? I've never been ticketed for this, but I would be curious how the violation would be proven if I chose to debate it in traffic court. I wonder if they have a "rate of change" threshold they can prove I exceeded.

First off, I appreciate your technical irritation.

Second, I suspect these are one of these kinds of violations explicitly designed to give peacekeepers the ability to get someone for something if they decide they need to.