Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit off topic…dropped car off for detailing and can’t get status on the App. I get a “vehicle connection error” …see attached. Was looking forward to keeping an eye on it like @AnselmDante. I googled the issue but only found two possible solutions…reboot and be within Bluetooth range, neither of which help me, since I’m out of state for a few days. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 713D54F0-25F6-41FF-9692-B921241096A5.png
    713D54F0-25F6-41FF-9692-B921241096A5.png
    301.5 KB · Views: 94
welp now i'm really confused.

RN11394xxxx (VERY early. like the instant ordering was available early, on September 22nd 2020.)
black exterior, white interior, 19" wheels, carbon fibre trim.

initially told "we'll be delivering Q1 2021". Then "July" for a very long time. On August 1st, my delivery date went blank. Then it became February (!!!!)

the "February" bump was very frustrating for me. It will mean i waited a year and a half for my car, and a full year longer than i was initially promised.

yesterday i noticed the estimated delivery date switched from "February" to a specific window in late October / early November. Hooray!!!

But today it is completely blank. :mad:

I understand part shortages but it feels like i am getting repeatedly bumped to the end of the line.
Other than my later RN I've had exactly the same EDD experience. Suspect a system issue that hopefully will be cleaned up in the coming days.

RN11394xxxx (VERY early. like the instant ordering was available early, on September 22nd 2020.)

initially told "we'll be delivering Q1 2021". Then "July" for a very long time. On August 1st, my delivery date went blank. Then it became February (!!!!)

the "February" bump was very frustrating for me. It will mean i waited a year and a half for my car, and a full year longer than i was initially promised.

yesterday i noticed the estimated delivery date switched from "February" to a specific window in late October / early November. Hooray!!!

I understand part shortages but it feels like i am getting repeatedly bumped to the end of the line.
The white interior, 19’s and maybe combination with CF are a bad combination in that those separated are the triggers for most delays with others orders it seems. Im thinking you’re going to see more improvements with delivery as the days move on. You probably saw I posted my vin today and small dd window for Boston. It was all over the place daily then got stuck on a window and then popped to a vin today. NY should be in scope for northeast if that’s where they’re pumping them out to soon. Plaids especially. Great luck!

Hoooold the line!!! Hoooold!

Modern C++ (note my sig went from "pure virtual" MS to "virtual" when I got my VIN)
Yikes. How do you make C++ modern? Lol. Isn't that C#? :) Just messing with you.

Idk if I could teach programming, so hats off to you. I use to be a consultant and taught storage automation and NetApp. Now I teach how to use MS Teams lol. The world changes.

And woot on your virtual MS 🙂 (mines still vaporware)

Yikes. How do you make C++ modern? Lol. Isn't that C#? :) Just messing with you.
Languages with garbage collection are so 00's.

Idk if I could teach programming, so hats off to you. I use to be a consultant and taught storage automation and NetApp. Now I teach how to use MS Teams lol. The world changes.

And woot on your virtual MS 🙂 (mines still vaporware)
Coding was fun, but exhausting, so once I couldn't be a one-man operation any more I turned to training, and it works for me because I really do love talking about how compilers work.

This week coming up will be my first in-person delivery since April '20. As it turned out, that week I taught a course in Kirkland, WA (ground zero of the US covid outbreak) and after that week, everything shut down. People gave me some strange looks for traveling from Boston to Kirkland that week.

I was kinda hoping to have my LR for this week, because I'll be driving home each day in nasty Boston rush-hour traffic (heading up 128 from Natick to the North Shore....unfortunately, as with Porsche, there is no substitute) and this would've been the perfect time to use autopilot. Oh well.

I am assuming you were driving in chill mode?
@umair239 I was driving in Sport mode and the suspension was set on comfort. I did notice, prior to the trip that this "acceleration" setting has not bearing on efficiency, only your foot does. I drove around for 50+ miles in Plaid mode very conservatively and was able to obtain 260-280 Wh/mi results.

Most people name their cars. My car is named Bluedini for obvious reasons. I've also named my wall connector/charger. It's name is Wally. Get it?
My wall connector is "Sonny." I haven't named my car yet!!! But I'm a week out from delivery so I guess I need to think about it!!!

Attachments

• iu-4.jpeg
    iu-4.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 63892137019__AD3A3304-3425-4797-861E-688380E73264.jpeg
    63892137019__AD3A3304-3425-4797-861E-688380E73264.jpeg
    659.7 KB · Views: 35
@OnTheSnap Thanks! I'm scheduled to get the same next week! Any issues with the 3M Ceramic IR film? I usually go with 3M Color Stable, but decided to "upgrade" for the Plaid.

@OnTheSnap Edit: What did they charge you for the tint alone?
It was a package deal. But I think the tint alone was around $650 For sides and rear. I had the same tint on a m3p and had no issues with it for a few years.