Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a package deal. But I think the tint alone was around $650 For sides and rear. I had the same tint on a m3p and had no issues with it for a few years.

Any reason why you didn't go for roof tint? We're both in NorCal and I'm definitely considering it, especially coming from a M3 with the physical mesh roof shade.

Interesting on the acceleration as others have noted. Have you considered plugging in a draggy? Unless you like run top fuel dragsters, this car should feel like a rocket shop...LOL. I've been in multiple 1000+ rwhp ICE cars and the Plaid accelerates faster than most of them. Maybe it's how smooth the car is that is making the power that is deceptive. At lower speeds is where it really feels the most dramatic due to G forces. Or maybe you are just someone who needs a lot more power...ha! 🤣

Prior to personally having the opportunity to drive a Plaid, I too was worried about being let down due to hyped up expectations. I can tell you for certain, the opposite happened. It was crazier than what I thought and none of those crazy Plaid hype videos even prepared me for what I experienced. 0-100 MPH....I need no more.......LOL. that being said, I did not get a chance to thoroughly evaluate the car at higher speeds. I look forward to doing that in the future however. But I suspect my power crave will be happy to invite more G's as those higher speeds.
You know, it may have very well been due to low SoC. By the time I drove it from the factory (picked it up at around 50%) to when I felt comfortable enough in the hills, I was probably below 30%. Got home with just over 10%.

I charged to 90% overnight so I’ll go for a drive again later this morning. I don’t have a Dragy but I made myself a CAN-ODBII adapter cable and bought a CANserver, which I tried unsuccessfully to have TesLAX connect with for some logging. I’ll fiddle with it again before I go for a drive and report back.

I would be really surprised if the seats are not as comfortable as the S model. After all it is a "roadster", and will have a 600 mile+ range. This car will be meant to drive comfortably long ranges. This is not going to be a Dodge Viper ACR race track comfort level type of car. For comparison purposes I expect it to be of the same ilk as other manufacturer "roadster" models. As others have noted it might be a while until this car is available (2022-2023).

btw, I "googled" the definition of "roadster" and found:

"Roadster defines a vehicle that has an open top, two doors, two seats, and is made for sport. ... It is not a race car by any means, but it is enough to keep the average driver on the edge of his or her seat"
Absolutely correct. The long range is also there for extended track use, but many people will in fact want to drive this car, and drive it far. I picture the Roadster as being taut, but not uncomfortable. The kind of "throw it around" taut.

Absolutely correct. The long range is also there for extended track use, but many people will in fact want to drive this car, and drive it far. I picture the Roadster as being taut, but not uncomfortable. The kind of "throw it around" taut.

btw, here is a link to the BMW i8 roadster model. I think the Tesla will be more sporty but never the less it's an example of a "roadster" flavor.

1630166432738.png

Available in LA today…

You know, it may have very well been due to low SoC. By the time I drove it from the factory (picked it up at around 50%) to when I felt comfortable enough in the hills, I was probably below 30%. Got home with just over 10%.

I charged to 90% overnight so I’ll go for a drive again later this morning. I don’t have a Dragy but I made myself a CAN-ODBII adapter cable and bought a CANserver, which I tried unsuccessfully to have TesLAX connect with for some logging. I’ll fiddle with it again before I go for a drive and report back.

awesome @MarcG, will be interested to see what you think with a high % SOC.

So my wife called Tesla to see where my car is. After 20 minutes on hold she learned it had arrived in and “left” Birmingham.

Birmingham is 2.5 hours away (if you’re driving a Tesla). Great news! It’ll be here soon!

9/5.

apparently it takes ten days to drive 200 miles?

Is kind odd. My car was “born” August 17th and the earliest I could take delivery is Friday 9/3. The “in transit” seems so long esp that last leg!

For those listings, it seems as if there's only space for _._, so they have to round. If you click on it, goes to 1.99 as usual.

Speaking of which, did you notice that Brooks from DT achieved a 0-60 of 1.96s with his new wheel and tire combo (305s in the rear)? Perhaps suggest that with the Track Pak that the car will more consistently hit 0-60 <2 s.

Speaking of which, did you notice that Brooks from DT achieved a 0-60 of 1.96s with his new wheel and tire combo (305s in the rear)? Perhaps suggest that with the Track Pak that the car will more consistently hit 0-60 <2 s.
Absolutely I did! I shared that here. It was like AI Day night if I remember correctly. Those were my EXACT first thoughts. And because Tesla could quote these times, the car is going to get faster when the Track Pack arrives. I'm thinking 9.20 and below, and maybe quoting 1.96. If you go back to Feb of this year, Elon said on the Joe Rogan Podcast that they had tested the Plaid on the "Motortrend spec" (1ft rollout), and achieved 1.96 seconds to 60. Perhaps this was what he was referring to.

Absolutely I did! I shared that here. It was like AI Day night if I remember correctly. Those were my EXACT first thoughts. And because Tesla could quote these times, the car is going to get faster when the Track Pack arrives. I'm thinking 9.20 and below, and maybe quoting 1.96. If you go back to Feb of this year, Elon said on the Joe Rogan Podcast that they had tested the Plaid on the "Motortrend spec" (1ft rollout), and achieved 1.96 seconds to 60. Perhaps this was what he was referring to.

Makes complete sense. I actually hope now that when the other car mags test the car is has the Track Pack installed. I have a feeling motortrend it really going to look foolish with their VHT rant when it is all said and done. They spent too much time nit picking on that and not enough time on just how impressive the quarter mile time was.

A bit off topic…dropped car off for detailing and can’t get status on the App. I get a “vehicle connection error” …see attached. Was looking forward to keeping an eye on it like @AnselmDante. I googled the issue but only found two possible solutions…reboot and be within Bluetooth range, neither of which help me, since I’m out of state for a few days. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
I'm guessing that the car is somewhere with bad/no cell coverage. The shop is in a "hole", or the car is inside a metal building that's blocking, or both?